• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

HvySky

When / what area can I expect to
run into horrible giant spider enemies
so I can properly prepare myself to NOT die from a heart attack and throw my TV out the window?

dealer-

Mid/Late(???) game Estus check. I just got to the P
rofaned Capital, and have killed Aldrich and Pontiff Sulyvahn already.
I'm on Estus+6 with 10 charges. How does this compare to you guys? I'm not using a guide, so I've no idea whether I've missed a shit load or if I'm doing well... No idea how far into the game I am percentage-wise.

I finished the game with 10+5, so missed quite a few I imagine.

Abylim

About 6 hours in, loving it.

My favourite thing so far is the lack of the stupid durability issue from dark souls 2 scholar!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Abyss Watchers
down second try, that was easier than expected. Why cant I buy his armor from the handmaiden tho, I NEED IT GAF!

Zeliard

So I summoned some help and the guy just waited outside the boss door the whole time!

Thanks a lot asshole sunbro

Even after you started the actual boss fight?

Co-op can be a bit awkward this time around because you can't enter boss fog doors unless the host triggers the boss first, and that can take a little bit, so you just stand outside of the doors waiting like a dolt. :p

It's particularly noticeable early on with the
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
boss, since they have to cross that large area and hit some enemies first before the boss activates.

bounchfx

the best part about the crash 'fix' is that the Lighting resets itself to medium every time i start the game. so if I forget to change it back, its crash city

we bloodborne now

5wBTTYh.gif

That is what I am having trouble getting away from.

demigod

Hard to decide which class to play. Knight, Warrior, Mercenary, Assassin, Thief.

Was thinking about getting the guide but I hear this one sucks, anyone can comment?

I picked deprived as my starting class last night and it's so much fun. I've played all the other Souls games, but I've never picked deprived. Exploration and looting seems much more rewarding. Difficulty isn't that bad once you get rid of the club.

I'm 10 hours in on PC and it's been a lot of fun playing this at 1440p 60FPS, so much more enjoyable than BB with its poor frame pacing.

I'm running with a pyromancer build since I thought I'll just make an all-rounder to test things out and not consider pvp viability. Of course the first thing I do after getting my first cracked red orbs is go for invasion. First invasion went poorly, but in the second one I actually got a win and killed a purple guy too, who I simply assumed was going to help the host and sunbro. :D

(Location is before the third boss for those worried about spoilers)
https://youtu.be/RfeLBddGXQE

silva1991

Sayonara platinum trophy

they got it right in BB and then they fucked it up with all the grinding BS

you thought pure bladestone was bad? try farming 40 of them.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Abyss Watchers
down second try, that was easier than expected. Why cant I buy his armor from the handmaiden tho, I NEED IT GAF!

Dammit, I don't know what's more frustrating. The fact that I can't even make it to phase two of this fight, or seeing posts by my fellow gaffers beating these fuckers in 1-2 tries. Being a Dark Souls noob...the struggle is real.

KHlover

Banned
Whew just beat Ice Guy and and the first part of the forest. Great area, but I'm sure I'd have a different opinion on it if I died there. Broadsword too good, great mix of pretty fast attack and pretty decent damage. Also (though not limited to the broadsword) I love how visceral attacks feel in this game. Keeping multiple enemies at bay by slashing the shit out of them and making them tumble by rolling into them is great :D

Hard to decide which class to play. Knight, Warrior, Mercenary, Assassin, Thief.

Was thinking about getting the guide but I hear this one sucks, anyone can comment?
I am loving Knight personally. The Shield and Armor you start with are great. I'm in the 3rd zone and still using the same gear I started with lol

Feeroper

Quick question - after getting to Firelink Shrine for the first time and lighting the bonfire, you can travel to
the High Wall of Lothric

Are there any other areas that you can go to, or is that the only way to go? by that I mean are there any other areas outside of visiting the NPCs that are immediately available in and around the Shrine? I didn't have a lot of time to really explore last night after work.

Afrodium

Banned
After failing to kill the naked katana man outside Firelink numerous times I ran back to grab my souls and do something else. As I'm booking it back to the bonfire the dumbass falls off the edge and dies so now I have his katana and filthy rags.

ISee

After failing to kill the naked katana man outside Firelink numerous times I ran back to grab my souls and do something else. As I'm booking it back to the bonfire the dumbass falls off the edge and died so now I have his katana and filthy rags.

I must admit: I intentionally kicked him off the ledge.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Item Question should I use the
Souls of Vordt
or am I supposed to save it or give it to an NPC? Thanks

Boss souls can be uses to make unique weapons/spells with the dude on the throne in firelink (once you've found the item to allow it). Alternatively they can be consumed to get a large amount of souls.

Beat the tree! Question regarding transposition:

I'm eyeing the Hollowslayer Greatsword, and also Pontif's Left Eye. Is Left Eye basically the Bloodborne regain mechanic?

KHlover

Banned
I am loving Knight personally. The Shield and Armor you start with are great. I'm in the 3rd zone and still using the same gear I started with lol

Ya also use the same armor. Changed shield by now, but still - starting the game with a 100% physical res shield is great.

Regular Halberd that you can buy from the Shine Handmaiden is PURE GARBAGE. No sweeping attacks, VERY long windup on the spin R2 move so it's unusuable. The weapon art is a lame charge attack. Do not use this halberd people. It's not even a "halberd" from it's moveset. All it does it poke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom