• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

Man, I was sure I explored all of the U
ndead Settlemen
, got the 4 bonfires, the key and the
Siegward and the demon
quest. But I still have a "can't be open from this side" door locked, after the 3rd bonfire :/

silva1991

Wait until someone discovers the duping glitch. There's just gotta be one.

HOLY SHIT

someone pleas find it!! the one in BB was certainly intentional by devs and there has to be one in this game!!.

It's all pretty quick if you PvP?

1- don't have the best internet and half of the matches will be laggy
2- most worlds I will be invading will have gankers and 50% or more they'll kill me
3- I don't know why, but no matter what covenant I'm equipping I always get a pale tongue after killing the host!! don't know if it's a bug or not, but it's not the item I need :/

Beat the tree! Question regarding transposition:

I'm eyeing the Hollowslayer Greatsword, and also Pontif's Left Eye. Is Left Eye basically the Bloodborne regain mechanic?

The spear returns small bits of health to you on attack. The Greatsword does 50% extra damage against hollows. Although I didn't notice that damage increase on hollowed appearing enemies. So I'm not exactly sure what constitutes a hollowed enemy. Maybe only a hollowed player (non embered?)

Sifl

So, question about a questline and potentially breaking it/ending it early, spoilers:
I accepted the free level ups from whoever that dude is, then found a statue to reverse the hollowing. If I reverse it does it end the questline?

zma1013

Loving this helm on my thief

thrall_hood.png

tTc9cKQ.gif

Ferr986

Beat the tree! Question regarding transposition:

I'm eyeing the Hollowslayer Greatsword, and also Pontif's Left Eye. Is Left Eye basically the Bloodborne regain mechanic?

no, the eye only works after some ocnsecutive hits. It's useless. Trust me I have it u_u

After failing to kill the naked katana man outside Firelink numerous times I ran back to grab my souls and do something else. As I'm booking it back to the bonfire the dumbass falls off the edge and dies so now I have his katana and filthy rags.

Ended up taking like 8 attempts on him sadly when the boss before him only took me like 4. I only ended up beating him because I went crazy on him and then we both fell off the cliff.... still felt awesome even though i cheesed him lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Namco Bandai EU has the shittiest fucking support I've ever witnessed, all genres, period.

God the variety of builds in this game is so good compared to Bloodborne. I'm using a heavy spear / shield / bow / medium armor / miracles and I don't feel gimped at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oh yeah there are builds in this build after Fume UGS was heavily nerfed :lol

this fucking game.. THIS FUCKING GAME

Zocano

3- I don't know why, but no matter what covenant I'm equipping I always get a pale tongue after killing the host!! don't know if it's a bug or not, but it's not the item I need :/

If you have the finger covenant equipped you'll always get a pale tongue no matter the activity.

Oh oops, didn't read right. :/

Their region matching must be have improved greatly from previous games because I've been having a ball with PVP. I normally hate it because the enemies would teleport behind me and backstab me, or be 20 feet away and hit me etc from lag. I've been dominating in this game. The closest call was a good Uchi player and a guy with a bow that was very adept at doing this shot roll when I approached. He wasted a shite ton of arrows though and I killed him without using a flask.

The spear returns small bits of health to you on attack. The Greatsword does 50% extra damage against hollows. Although I didn't notice that damage increase on hollowed appearing enemies. So I'm not exactly sure what constitutes a hollowed enemy. Maybe only a hollowed player (non embered?)

no, the eye only works after some ocnsecutive hits. It's useless. Trust me I have it u_u
Alright, cheers. I thought I read that it was pretty much useless a few pages back but just wanted to clarify. I'm definitely falling back into the proper rhythm for this, but I was totally missing the regain mechanic for a while lol

God the variety of builds in this game is so good compared to Bloodborne. I'm using a heavy spear / shield / bow / medium armor / miracles and I don't feel gimped at all.

Agreed, BB changed things up at least with the life leach, but it still felt like it was lacking something due to the lack of options weapon/armour/build wise.

masterkajo

I have a questions regarding weapons and its special abilities. So I just found a dagger and love its battle art
quickstep. Feels like bloodborne evansion.
Is there a way for me to wield it offhand and still get the battle art? So far it only seems to work if I either dual hand it or use a shield in the left hand that has the battle art of the right hand weapon. Is there no way to get a battle art from the left hand weapon? It works with shield
parry battle art
too. I don't need the battle art of the right hand weapon.

Jln1221

Banned
How viable would it be to start out as knight but, as the game progresses, move towards pyromancy with strength? In DSI I ended game with a strong strength/pyromancy build.

C
athedral of the
D
eep
Patches isn't moving to Firelink (which he should be doing, apparently). There's no further talk options and I've beaten the boss which is meant to move him automatically. Did I break it?

Cat Party

I got a "deep battle ax" in the High Wall. Am I right that this weapon is pretty incredible for the early game? Doesn't appear to have any scaling, but deals dark damage.

masterkajo

I got a "deep battle ax" in the High Wall. Am I right that this weapon is pretty incredible for the early game? Doesn't appear to have any scaling, but deals dark damage.

Just got this too. Is pretty good for an early weapon has it has low stat requirements and huge damage thanks to dark stat. Also I am guessing a lot of enemies don't have much dark defense right now.

Sylas

I have a questions regarding weapons and its special abilities. So I just found a dagger and love its battle art
quickstep. Feels like bloodborne evansion.
Is there a way for me to wield it offhand and still get the battle art? So far it only seems to work if I either dual hand it or use a shield in the left hand that has the battle art of the right hand weapon. Is there no way to get a battle art from the left hand weapon? It works with shield
parry battle art
too. I don't need the battle art of the right hand weapon.

Nope. Battle Arts cannot be used from left hand weapons.

Neoweee

It is good if you aren't getting anything from your scaling, but there's a nuance of damage reduction that makes it worse. Damage Reduction is a flat reduction applied to each element, and Damage Absorption is a % reduction to remainder. So you kind of get double hit by the Reduction effect.

The Blue Sentinel covenant is amazing in DS3. I can hardly walk two steps before I'm in demand.

Been wearing it for hours with not even a single summon.

Everything after A
byss
W
atchers
has been pure crack. Played up to the I
rithyll
D
ungeon
and here are some thoughts

The catacomb with that weird ball of skeletons. I busted out laughing after it did the tired roll down behind you trick then a moment later this thing starts rolling back up. After that there's of course, snowy totally not Anor Londo. I knew there was something up but then I found that room with the Silver Knights and what's her face bosom lady on the wall, someone definitely did some renovating but that's it alright. Then to make it clear there are those chests with the Wolf Ring and Smough's Hammer. I think I unlocked a boss encounter at the top of that area but I took off the other way and found the Irityll Dungeon. This place is fucking Tower of Latria weird spooky jailers and all. Opened up a few shortcuts now. This area seems to only have one bonfire so far. Love when they do that

silva1991

If you have the finger covenant equipped you'll always get a pale tongue no matter the activity.

Oh oops, didn't read right. :/

Yeah I'm equipping blade of darkmoon currently and just beat the host and again got a tongue

don't know what caused the bug in my game.

I have like 50 tongues and nothing else as far as covenant items go lol.

Dimmle

It is good if you aren't getting anything from your scaling, but there's a nuance of damage reduction that makes it worse. Damage Reduction is a flat reduction applied to each element, and Damage Absorption is a % reduction to remainder. So you kind of get double hit by the Reduction effect.

Weird. I started wearing it immediately after receiving it and it's been a nonstop gankfest.

jaaz

Against my better judgement, I went pure magic and rolled a sorcerer. I feel like I'm playing deprived...lol But loving every second of it, so far anyways. But I sense the pain train is coming...

Sullichin

When I'm lucky enough to get a 1v1 invasion, it can be pretty awesome.
Mostly feel like I'm fighting people near bonfires though. Haven't really had an invasion where it feels like I'm stressing them out between bonfires and fighting through the level.

KHlover

Banned
The enemies with the pot seem to have pretty alright drop rates for Titanite Shards. That or I got extremely lucky.

Btw where does Onion Bro chill after you talk to him on that elevator? I talked to him a couple times but it seems I didn't do it quite right. Now he's gone and he didn't take me demon hunting :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

It worked well for me super early in the game, in Lothric. As soon as you get past that either no one uses Way of Blue or something? I have had zero luck with it past the low levels too.

Sullichin

Without spoilers how far into the game until you get an item that increases item discovery? The fashion is calling me.

It's possible to go through the whole game and easily miss it, considering I never found the
gold serpent ring
but it does exist. Also the
mimic helm
is back. It's a rare drop but it's amazing for farming.

You can use rusted coins but they honestly suck. They don't last long enough.

Not a fan how enemies can hit you when you're down.

Maybe that's enough for today. Starting to get a bit frustrating lol.

Roll!

Yeah I'm equipping blade of darkmoon currently and just beat the host and again got a tongue

don't know what caused the bug in my game.

I have like 50 tongues and nothing else as far as covenant items go lol.

Have you tried swapping to another covenant? Do you get different drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom