• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

f@luS

More than a member.
Just played 1h. I hate the frame rate like in bloodborn it doesn't feel 30fps at all. I finished BB loved it though. I find Gfx at least beginning underwhelming. The ds2 remastered felt better with 60fps. Oh well will play more of course

explodet

MAN do I miss Bloodborne's pebbles for picking apart mobs.
Are throwing daggers any different?
I didn't use them in Dark Souls I or II but after Bloodborne & how useful pebbles were, I felt the need to use something for pulling and throwing daggers seemed to work okay the couple of times I used them.

Mandelbo

Holy shit, Ald
ritch ate Darksun Gwyndolin!?
That was such a cool moment - I saw the boss' name, heard the music and saw it's head and it all clicked!

What's the opinion on boss souls? Use some for leveling or save them all for items? I'm early in the game (just finished my third boss) and wondering what would be the best thing to do. I'm using an average build; started with warrior, have focused on strength/endurance with some dexterity, vitality, and vigor. Thanks!

Anyone? :)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
All of mobile GAF hates you now. Thanks for the spoiler.

Alright I took it down. I didn't know spoiler tags don't work on the mobile site because I always use the superior desktop version on my phone.

But if spoiler tags don't work aren't you all seeing a ton of spoilers in here anyway? lmao

Are throwing daggers any different?
I didn't use them in Dark Souls I or II but after Bloodborne & how useful pebbles were, I felt the need to use something for pulling and throwing daggers seemed to work okay the couple of times I used them.

I just creep slowly forward or fire an arrow :)

zma1013

Alright I took it down. I didn't know spoiler tags don't work on the mobile site because I always use the superior desktop version on my phone.

But if spoiler tags don't work aren't you all seeing a ton of spoilers in here anyway? lmao

It's specifically images and video links. The text spoiler quotes work fine.

Don't fret, a darkly lit
castle
area isn't exactly a surprise in a Souls game.

Persona7

Banned
This was on PC.

I might've just done it at a bad time against some laggers or something. Or else their servers are straining from the Soulsian hype. (some bloodstains still done trigger, for instance)

Yeah, it is probably server strain due to launch. I was lagging a bit and the connection would drop when I was trying to summon or invade yesterday night.

A
byss
W
atchers
doesnt seem to be that difficult of a fight.

My +4 Raw Astora's Straight Sword does pretty good damage. I'm liking the presentation though.

bidguy

Banned
i cant get summoned like. ... ever. no matter where i go

im sl 86 could that be it ?

cant even invade anyone because it searches and searches without ever finding anything

Shredderi

Goddammit. I'm now at the
Swamp area with the giant enemy crabs
and I'm still unwilling to upgrade weapons because I keep holding out for something good. I just want a Zweihander or something already :D

Okay I lied about A
byss
W
atchers
. That
phase two
damage is real haha.

Day One:
17.6 hrs on record

This game is going to end me.

Same here im 16.5 haha. I dont see how people finished this in 24 hours. Im not even half way through.

I should clarify, actually:

(sorta early game spoilers):
You should have found the covenant *item* to be a sunbro but not the place to turn the medals in

Yea I got that thanks!

Hagi

and I'm still unwilling to upgrade weapons because I keep holding out for something good. I just want a Zweihander or something already :D

You can buy one of those post undead settlement I think

Derpot

Btw, does the game automatically go in NG+ when you finish it? Or is it like in DSII and you activate the NG+ yourself?

Btw, does the game automatically go in NG+ when you finish it? Or is it like in DSII and you activate the NG+ yourself?

I would also like to know this. If expansions are planned, I don't want to run into a huge spike in difficultly like the Old Hunters was with a fresh New Game + save.

W Hudson

What item do you use to increase the healing powers of the estus flask? I've gotten a few shards to increase charges but don't know what I need to get more healing out of each use

vladdamad

Damn, the boss A
ldritch
has some ridiculously annoying attacks. Every time he
(she?) enters the animation to fire arrows I know that I am basically dead, especially in the second phase where the arrow rain is combined with the giant magic ball projectiles.

Jobbs

Banned
Where in the sun's name can I find the lightning spear miracle?

in farrons keep swamp area there's a ladder that leads somewhere and it's off the path of some broken bridge or something.

I wouldn't bother though, it's completely useless (unless they buffed it recently)

Mupod

Still waiting to get the whip. Going to play through this Castlevania style!

shouldn't have to wait long, I found one fairly early on.

I think I found it in undead settlement...in a side building near where the fat cleric is up on a bridge shooting at you

Manu

[Story Spoilers]

Jesus christ that room in I
hyrill

The paintings of Gwynevere and Nashandra. Smough's Hammer. Ornstein's ring. The Silver Knights.

That was an amazing moment.

Lemonheap

Banned
After Curse-Rotted Greatwood, I don't know where to go. The girl who we have to give the ring is in this map?

I skipped Greatwood initially, he is optional. Explore the sewers.

As for the ring, you are supposed to loot bones in town and give them to the thief in Shrine. You may already have the bones.

Hystzen

I got my Zweilhander and I'm at same area it can be unlocked to buy with a quest line.

Zweilhander with Soliare armour is crazy looking but loving it

What's the secret to beating (Late Game Boss)
The Nameless King. When the Dragon jumps in the air and breaths fire on the ground it strikes me twice and completely kills me.

KAOz

Short bus special

Like DS2. You get a choice right after the Credits. (And those Credits are skippable. Booooyah.)

So guys! Anyone of you up for some Vertebrae Shackle farming tomorrow through password?

Lemonheap

Banned
If anyone is finding the limited sword usage frustrating, invest in a rapier. You can actually hack n slash your way through most enemies at least early game. It is very very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom