• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly, those
four-winged chimera things in the forest /swamp
keep fucking me up! Especially when the mage versions aggro them.

k1t4j

Man the weapon art of the Uchigatana is so fucking cool and useful.

I absolutely love how a well timed L2 + R1 goes low enough to dodge the most frontal attacks (the knights with spears and sword) and it's just so dam satisfying to see it.

I can see myself using this weapon for a very long time, at the moment my blind, naked (started deprived) swordsman is giving me great enjoyment.

Citadel

I feel terrible.

I summoned a phantom on the roof, right before
fighting that dragon-headed.. slime.. enemy
. I basically ran right into the enemy without seeing him, and the phantom was absolutely destroyed within 10 seconds. Although his death gave me the diversion I needed to throw a few firebombs and take him out. So it all worked out in the end. This guy was a bitch to take down. Haven't died yet, though. I'm afraid of what's to come.

I'm really digging the Dark Souls 1 feel I'm getting. Definitely darker than what DS2/Majula was.

Praise.

1337Sauce

How do I go about inviting a friend specifically? Are there limitations on this?

Furthermore, if I wanted to go about helping random people, how would I do it. Joined the
Warrior of Sunlight Covenant.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Quick question if someone doesn't mind.

I'm in the undead settlement and I'm not sure what to do next. I think I have unlocked all of the Bonfires and have the choice of what looks like 2 paths,
both of them being huge churches which look like they might contain bosses. Is there some way I should go first? Also can I sprint past the huge arrows?

Hystzen

I absolutely love how a well timed L2 + R1 goes low enough to dodge the most frontal attacks (the knights with spears and sword) and it's just so dam satisfying to see it.

I can see myself using this weapon for a very long time, at the moment my blind, naked (started deprived) swordsman is giving me great enjoyment.

That L2-R1 is also a parry it easier to parry with that then a shield

pls rate my messages i need this

The weapon arts in general are a lot more interesting and (potentially) useful than I thought they'd be. If only I remembered to use them... which is my biggest problem right now.

Jobbs

Banned
Nice. I'll be trying that out. Where is that found?

I was happy with great magic weapon as well

I believe dark blade produced a 42% increase in sword damage output. For a long duration buff and under the new mana system this is incredibly useful.

iddqd

The area after
Crystal Sage
is crazy.
No bonfires? 9383 Skeletons. And then double blade lady shows up.

KAOz

Short bus special
How do I go about inviting a friend specifically? Are there limitations on this?

Furthermore, if I wanted to go about helping random people, how would I do it. Joined the
Warrior of Sunlight Covenant.

For both; use the White Sign Soapstone. It's your summon sign.

If you want a friend; set the same password in Network Settings. Coordinate area. Place Summom-sign. The host needs to be Embered. And there is no level holding you back, no restrictions with a password.

Finally beat A
byss Watchers
and man was that rough. So few openings but so many follow ups. Even with an Uchi it wasn't easy so I'd hate to do that with something like an ultra greatsword.

1337Sauce

For both; use the White Sign Soapstone. It's your summon sign.

If you want a friend; set the same password in Network Settings. Coordinate area. Place Summom-sign. The host needs to be Embered. And there is no level holding you back, no restrictions with a password.

Where do I find one of those?

finalflame

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Mid-early game spoilers.

How the FUCK DO YOU FIGHT this dog-creature on the bridge at the entrance to Ithyrill?
Tips? I have too much pride to summon and it's just so goddamn aggressive.

Also, can anyone tell me where to turn in my sunlight medals? Or if I just haven't reach the place yet?

pixxxelz

Are there any greatswords early in the game? (I'm still at
undead settlement
atm).

I'm using a sharp uchigatana right now, it gets the job done but I miss my mlgs.

Jobbs

Banned
undead settlement
atm).

I'm using a sharp uchigatana right now, it gets the job done but I miss my mlgs.

There's a claymore laying on the bridge area where the drake is breathing fire. Just run to it and take the damage, if you go straight for it you should be fine.

undead settlement
atm).

There's a zweihander available there, you should see two enemies holding them. One closer to the entrance, one closer to the boss. the fastest one to farm is probably the one near the boss.
Spawn near the sewers and run up to where the guy hurls spears. instead of entering the building head left and a goblin like thing should drop down holding one.

Btw if anyone knows which I should pick between Farron Greatsword and Wolf Knight Greatsword would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna burn the soul on the weaker one.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
If from wanted me to use more than one armor set they shouldnt have given me the
fallen knight set
like an hour into the game!

daninthemix

There's a surprisingly easy answer to this, actually, lol.
Kill it before it transforms to begin with.

Ooh that's possible?! (goes back into game to try)

EDIT: p.s. FROM, no sh*t it looks like I didn't quit properly - if you're going to make me quit to menu before I can quit the game, I'm alt-F4ing your ass.

Vuze

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Mid-early game spoilers.

How the FUCK DO YOU FIGHT this dog-creature on the bridge at the entrance to Ithyrill?

Also, can anyone tell me where to turn in my sunlight medals? Or if I just haven't reach the place yet?
I haven't had too much trouble using my curved sword tbh? Took a few tries. One tip tho:
If you can hit its head properly, it will stagger and allow for an awesome criticl belly stab.

I think you can only redeem them
very late in the game, after you have beaten
three lords of cinder + dancer.
Unless you sequence break the dancer, then you *should* be able to access it early on if you're damn good.

I'm a dumbass, was testing out some pyromancy next to the frilelink shrine and somehow I managed to aggro Sirris and thus forced into killing her, welp, hopefully I don't miss much from her absence .
Not sure about other stuff but she's the only way to get
the Mound Makers covenant if you missed the pre-tree boss opportunity.

Played for a few hours this morning:

Killed the Tree boss in 1 try, can't believe some of you guys had trouble with it. Then I finished off the Sage and found myself outside the Deep Cathedral.

Damn, just trying to enter the Cathedral from the rear rooftops was pretty tough. But I made it in, explored, and killed those giants! I also found some nice armor
Drang
, Thief Mask looks good with it. Gonna save the boss for later.

Soooo is there a simple way to grind out covenant items? I've been trying to get stuff for
Watchdogs of Farron
but I only very rarely get summoned.

I'm a dumbass, was testing out some pyromancy next to the frilelink shrine and somehow I managed to aggro Sirris and thus forced into killing her, welp, hopefully I don't miss much from her absence. Well on the bright side, I got a fancy looking armor from her sacrifice.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Mid-early game spoilers.

Lure it to the gate you entered the bridge of, and spam at it from where it can't attack until it despawns. Rinse and repeat, he doesn't heal inbetween de/re-spawn so long as you don't leave the area.

finalflame

I haven't had too much trouble using my curved sword tbh? Took a few tries. One tip tho:
If you can hit its head properly, it will stagger and allow for an awesome criticl belly stab.

I think you can only redeem them
very late in the game, after you have beaten
three lords of cinder + dancer.
Unless you sequence break the dancer, then you *should* be able to access it early on if you're damn good.

Thanks for the multi-part spoiler in the last one; stopped reading after very late in the game :)

pixxxelz

There's a claymore laying on the bridge area where the drake is breathing fire. Just run to it and take the damage, if you go straight for it you should be fine.

There's a zweihander available there, you should see two enemies holding them. One closer to the entrance, one closer to the boss. the fastest one to farm is probably the one near the boss.
Spawn near the sewers and run up to where the guy hurls spears. instead of entering the building head left and a goblin like thing should drop down holding one.
Thanks guys

Lemonheap

Banned
Quick question if someone doesn't mind.

I'm in the undead settlement and I'm not sure what to do next. I think I have unlocked all of the Bonfires and have the choice of what looks like 2 paths,
both of them being huge churches which look like they might contain bosses. Is there some way I should go first? Also can I sprint past the huge arrows?

The one with the flowers in them (around where the guy is shooting arrows you can evade) is an optional boss which is pretty hard. The other one has a miniboss in it which you can sprint past and this is the way to the next area.

KHlover

Banned
If you "Toast" the Fireshrine Keeper she spins around. Let's see if there's more gestures she reacts to :D

EDIT: If you curl she's sniffling her nose. Aww she's so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom