• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathedral of the Deep may be my favorite level design of the whole series. Brilliantly designed. It unfolds in such a cool way with the introduction and resolution of the
Giant chained dudes

Labyrinthine passages and shortcuts with a lots of secrets in a cool aesthetic.

KAOz

Short bus special
Soooo is there a simple way to grind out covenant items? I've been trying to get stuff for
Watchdogs of Farron
but I only very rarely get summoned.

Go to the Bonfire "Keep Ruins" in Farrons Keep. Pop a Rusty Coin. Kill those three enemies on the bridge and pray for a drop. Sit down at Bonfire. Rinse and repeat until driven mad.

Farming Proof of Concord Kept later on almost drove me insane. Enhoy.

daninthemix

Oddly it seems like there's currently no walkthroughs on YouTube that don't use pyromancy on those Lothric knights. I've yet to witness someone beating them through melee, and I certainly can't.

Erm, seems impossible. I can get one strike on him before he transforms, but that doesn't do it.

Oh yeah,
the transformation effect gives them hella resistance. It only ever worked for me on one-hit kills before they react.
There's another way, though it's expensive:
Firebombs! Or maybe fire weapons. Regular weapons were useless and high risk, from what I observed.

aravuus

Cathedral of the Deep may be my favorite level design of the whole series. Brilliantly designed. It unfolds in such a cool way with the introduction and resolution of the
Giant chained dudes

Labyrinthine passages and shortcuts with a lots of secrets in a cool aesthetic.

Yeh, one of my favorite areas

Auctopus

Is it okay to post an item description and some speculation? The item is something a lot of people have already seen, it doesn't spoil any item or boss or anything.

twisteh

As a Knight im putting points into strength and vigor, and occasionally into endurance and Vitality. Is this OK or am i doing things wrong?

Jyrii

Banned
"Hmm that looks like it could be a boss area"
1 step forward
music starts
"oh shit"
Barely beat the 4th? boss
Crystal Sage

J-Rod

Just a heads up, if you kill certain mobs that transform before they get a chance to, you won't get their item drop.

rdytoroll

So I have been using the
Wolf
Greatsword for a few hours, but I'm not feeling it. Some of the enemies are too fast and it's are not that great for PVP imo. Back to the
Irithyll
Straight Sword. Also, does anyone know if the
Barbed
Sword is worth upgrading?

Manu

I've only fought him once so far, but P
ontiff Sulyvahn
is an asshole.

Looks like I've found my first roadblock boss.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I hate how some weapons won't let me use L2 to parry, but instead use their arts. What is the best stat to dump into to improve poise? I'm getting staggered constantly.

From needs to fix whatever is going on with the servers. When you invade your enemy doesnt animate they just slide around. I remember this being a problem when all the streamers got the early release PC version as well.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've been playing for a few hours the game is awesome but I can't say I like fighting those mutated enemies. They're just illegible nonsense and the camera can't handle it, either. Is this a common sentiment? (I haven't been following the discussion much because I wanted to get into the game first.)

From inside, yes. It is reminiscent of an invasion, but believe me it's totally a bug/engine quirk.

Seems to me that it's intentional. On the off-chance the outside world is taking longer than normal to load when warping to Fire Link, the fog appears in order to cut back on loading screen times. I'm thinking that FROM expects the outside world to load and the fog to clear by the time the player spawns and walks over there. What's your reasoning behind saying it's a bug?

Steel

Banned
Asking again. Is there a speed or damage boost when holstering my shield as a knight?

Two handing weapons gives a damage damage and impact(easier to get through shields) boost, it also changes the swingset. Addtionally, pressing L2 will use the weapons special ability, but that uses MP and stamina.

KHlover

Banned
Seems to me that it's intentional. On the off-chance the outside world is taking longer than normal to load when warping to Fire Link, the fog appears in order to cut back on loading screen times. I'm thinking that FROM expects the outside world to load and the fog to clear by the time the player spawns and walks over there. What's your reasoning behind saying it's a bug?

Well it needs like 10s to disappear if you stand already right beside it on PC. That's way too long considering all other areas in the game don't block you off like that.

Mandelbo

I hate how some weapons won't let me use L2 to parry, but instead use their arts. What is the best stat to dump into to improve poise? I'm getting staggered constantly.

Probably best to find a better shield rather than pump stats. The Lothric Knight shield has quite high stability and you can get it in the High Wall.

johnny505

Oddly it seems like there's currently no walkthroughs on YouTube that don't use pyromancy on those Lothric knights. I've yet to witness someone beating them through melee, and I certainly can't.

Just dodge towards their shield when they attack for close up or move just out of their range during their 3 strike combo and attack then. If you stagger them you should be able to get 2 - 3 hits in before dodging back, letting stamina recharge and repeat.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Are there any estus shards in the early areas? Went through the tutorial area and High Wall and haven't found any. Not sure if I missed or not.

I've been playing for a few hours the game is awesome but I can't say I like fighting those mutated enemies. They're just illegible nonsense and the camera can't handle it, either. Is this a common sentiment? (I haven't been following the discussion much because I wanted to get into the game first.)

I don't know about common but I personally completely agree with you. I felt like me beating the mutated form of the tutorial boss was more brute force/luck and not thought-out strategy. The camera can't handle it and the patterns seemed to be a bit ridiculous to try to read with how much crap is going on at once.

Roll into their attacks and/or kick their shield to break guard. Get the timing right and they go down easy.

Jobbs

Banned
Where did you find dark blade?

you know the sorcerer guy who can "Draw out your inner strength?" after you do that, you'll increasingly hollow each time you die. as you hollow more you can do that more times.

eventually he'll die and then a new npc shows up who has the dark miracles tome

Sullichin

you know the sorcerer guy who can "Draw out your inner strength?" after you do that, you'll increasingly hollow each time you die. as you hollow more you can do that more times.

eventually he'll die and then a new npc shows up who has the dark miracles tome

Fuck. I somehow messed up that quest this time.

I leveled from him, but probably didn't do it fast enough. He's dead and the new NPC never showed up this time. She showed up in my last game.

Not a fan of these NPC quests when there are things I want locked behind them :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom