• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Date A Live (JP) |OT| Love A Over

dal001vyupd.jpg

HgkIv7n.png

Date A Live: Rinne Utopia
Platform: PS3
Developer: Sting
Publisher: Compile Heart (website)
Genre: ADV / Visual Novel
Original Character Design: Tsunako
Release: 27 June 2013
Price: 7,140¥ (standard edition), 9,240¥ (limited edition), 6,300¥ (digital)

mwmGb29.png

It's an ADV game. I sure hope you like text.

yW6jHLr.png

Date A Live background:

Thirty years ago a strange phenomena called a "spacequake" devastated the center of Eurasia, claiming the lives of at least 150 million people. Since then, smaller spacequakes plague the world on a irregular basis.

Shidō Itsuka, a seemingly ordinary high schooler, comes across a mysterious girl at the ground zero of a spacequake. He learns from his sister, Kotori, that she is one of the "Spirits" who are the real cause of the spacequakes, which occur when they manifest themselves in the world.

He also learns that Kotori is the captain of the anti-Spirit organisation Ratatoskr. She recruits him to make use of his mysterious ability to seal the Spirits' powers, stopping them from being a threat to mankind. However, there is a catch: to seal a Spirit, he must make her fall in love with him.

"I don't ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world."

As for the story for the game itself, it's this:

My nonexistent command of the Japanese language tells me there are waifus involved.

nupjUAh.png

Itsuka Shido
Main character. No other redeeming features.

Yatogami Tohka
Lead heroine of the main series, making her the inevitable 'winner'.

Sonogami Rinne
New girl on the block. Presumably the game's lead heroine.

Itsuka Kotori
Main character's little sister. Honest.

Tobiichi Origami
Strike witch. Unpopular with fans of the anime, for reasons that'll doubtlessly become clear when I watch it.

Yoshino
Rabbit season.

Tokisaki Kurumi
Killer. Seductress. Psychopath. Why is she so perfect?

---

This'll never get a western release, but like hell that'll stop me buying it.

cajunator

Banned
Kurumi > Tohka > Kotori > Reine > Yoshino > Mana > Teacher > Origami

Kurumi is a goddess so this ranking is not fair to the others.

Origami is cute but...worst girl.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tohka > Kotori > Yoshino > Origami > Kurumi.

Kurumi is so god damn awful. Show went from enjoyable ride to downright awful once they introduced her.

Rinne looks interesting.

Acosta

Kurumi>Kurumi>Kurumi>Kurumi>Kurumi

Knowing I won't be able to play this makes me sad. 12 episodes was way too short.

Mh, it's on my list of games to pick up when I've got a bit more money. Liking the novel, and I'm curious to see how the story's going here.
Plus, the character design from Chou Jigen Game Neptune is giving it a sweet visual flare.

He also learns that Kotori is the captain of the anti-Spirit organisation Ratatoskr. She recruits him to make use of his mysterious ability to seal the Spirits' powers, stopping them from being a threat to mankind. However, there is a catch: to seal a Spirit, he must make her fall in love with him.

"I don't ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world."

So... TWGOK?

Hexa

It has come to the point that I think several times a day I would enjoy life a lot more if I knew Japanese. :/

Rosetta Stone here I come.

Andrefpvs

Seriously loved the tone of the OP. OP seems like a very funny person. Will read more posts from OP. Added OP to NeoGAF friends list (why does this even exist).

Top Bottom