• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle to play Rick James in Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtrip

http://www.mediasharx.com/index.php/news/2331

chappelle.jpg

Chappelle Could Get His Freak On
By Scott Nance

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is in talks to secure movie rights to MEMOIRS OF A SUPER FREAK, the autobiography of one-time funk maestro Rick James.

Meanwhile, David Chappelle (CHAPPELLE’S SHOW) is in early negotiations to star in the Paramount Pictures film. Chappelle has played James on his TV series.

Best known for his hit "Super Freak," James in more recent years has been in the news for his run-ins with the law.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Matlock

Banned
I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH: THE MOVIE

Production Budget: 20 million
Marketing Budget: 24 million
Total Gross: $3,098,290,498

arter_2

u think maybe this is getting a little out of hand maybe a little bit. eh whatever ill probably go see it anyway. im soooo weak.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Star Power said:
Chapelle is annoying.

HEATHEN!

2 hours of Rick James slapping people, messing up couches, and looking at titties?

SOLD!

robochimp

Star Power said:
Chapelle is annoying.

Dude, Have you seen the commercial where the roomba steels his pants??!!

He's all drinking pepsi or something

and the vacuum is all like "damn I want some of that"

Dave is like "no way dude"

and the vacuum takes his pants

hobbitx

So will it just profile many of his different cocaine fueled antics, or are they going to make a serious drama? Seeing Chappelle do drama would be quite the scene.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Im sure this will suck, but Chapelle isnt making much off of his TV show, and it looks like there wont be a third season.. so its cash in time. Too bad they didnt give him a real movie.

KingGondo

Banned
StoOgE said:
Im sure this will suck, but Chapelle isnt making much off of his TV show, and it looks like there wont be a third season.. so its cash in time. Too bad they didnt give him a real movie.

Actually, I hear he's shopping the show around to premium channels like Showtime. Am I way behind?

Oh god no... Rick James was one of the only funny skits from Season 2 of Chappelle Show. The rest of it sucked major ass. Everywhere I go I hear 50 retards saying "I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH!" It was funny the first week, but now it is getting old.

andthebeatgoeson

KingGondo said:
Actually, I hear he's shopping the show around to premium channels like Showtime. Am I way behind?

say it ain't so
say it ain't so
say it ain't so
say it ain't so
say it ain't so
say it ain't so

Seriously, why the fuck do I keep hearing about how there won't be a 3rd season/he's moving.

HBO, PICK HIS ASS UP. Maybe it needs to be HBO, not just regular ass TV

StoOgE said:
I believe he's also working on something like Dave Chapelle's Family's History of the World.

AeroGod

Cerebral Palsy said:
Oh god no... Rick James was one of the only funny skits from Season 2 of Chappelle Show. The rest of it sucked major ass. Everywhere I go I hear 50 retards saying "I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH!" It was funny the first week, but now it is getting old.

I think the quote "Is Wayne Brady gunna have to choke a bitch" fits well here.

However I do agree that Season 1 was better overall then Season 2, but 2nd still had some great moments and was still better then 95% of the other shit on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom