• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Ultimate boxcover

NotMSRP

doafront.jpg
doaback.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Deku Tree said:
What's on the second disk?

Dead Or ALive 1 (Saturn Version)?

I would have preferred the arcade DOA1 or DOA1 given the "Ultimate Treatment," but it doesn't matter anyway; no one's going to bother playing it with DOA2 included. :p

when everyone says they would prefer the arcade doa1, did they even play it or just hear that it looks better?

because the game engine physics in the arcade game are pretty off kilter compared to the saturn, psx and doa++

the whole feel of the game is way off

BUT IT LOOKS BETTER OMG!

Miburou

The Faceless Master said:
when everyone says they would prefer the arcade doa1, did they even play it or just hear that it looks better?

because the game engine physics in the arcade game are pretty off kilter compared to the saturn, psx and doa++

the whole feel of the game is way off

BUT IT LOOKS BETTER OMG!

Well, the whole reason for anyone being interested in DoA1 at this point is to see how the series started. Tecmo could've easily included the original arcade DoA1 with the gameplay of the console ports as an option.

Miburou said:
Well, the whole reason for anyone being interested in DoA1 at this point is to see how the series started. Tecmo could've easily included the original arcade DoA1 with the gameplay of the console ports as an option.
then it wouldn't be the original, now would it?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Its a collectors edition in that its 2 old dead or alive games in one new package, though i guess you could argue adding online play makes it much much more than a collectors edition.

Boxart is cool, no downloadable content by the looks of things, guess theres no hurricane pack this time round.

And are those quotes from unpublished GMR, EGM and XBN reviews? Positive scores inbound?

Soul4ger

Ghost said:
Its a collectors edition in that its 2 old dead or alive games in one new package, though i guess you could argue adding online play makes it much much more than a collectors edition.

Boxart is cool, no downloadable content by the looks of things, guess theres no hurricane pack this time round.

And are those quotes from unpublished GMR, EGM and XBN reviews? Positive scores inbound?

Wouldn't that make it a "Collection," not a "Collector's Edition?" Might be trivial to you, but, typically, something that's considered a "collectable" is something that's "special." This is just another compilation, with online play. I wonder if SNK Neo Geo will call the KoF 2002/2003 compilation for Xbox a "Collector's Edition!!!11" too.

IJoel

Looks nice, but why the heck is this priced at $54.99?

Weaksauce blatant ripoff. Too bad I'm getting it regardless, but still, this sux.

WarPig

Itagaki said he put in the Saturn version 'cuz it's the only one they never released in the US. Also, he doesn't much like the Model 2 version anymore...

Oh, and the quotes are most likely from preview coverage.

DFS.

Soul4ger

WarPig said:
Itagaki said he put in the Saturn version 'cuz it's the only one they never released in the US. Also, he doesn't much like the Model 2 version anymore...

DFS.

I'm actually pretty sure he heard that the Saturn version is the version that the reviewer from Gaming-Age (who covered Ninja Gaiden) likes the least. That's why he's doing it. He's still real mad. And he'll tell you, if you ask.

*Edit - Response to Miburou*

Touché, good sir, touché.

DarkCloud

Soul4ger said:
How the shit is it a collector's edition?

The initial print run is coming as a double case slip covered set with a seperate manual for each game...just like the GTA Double Pack. Also has some form of trading card deal (like DoA Voleyball had) After that run sells through the game will be run through as a Dual DVD case like the Shenmue II release which will become standard.

At least that's what I've gleamed from the various hands on/interviews I's seen for this game.

Hey, I still regret selling my copy of part 1 for the Saturn, so I don't mind the game being included for old time's sakes. Though I've never played the Model 2 version and I have to wonder how much worse it could be compared to the Saturn iteration.

I wonder how he feels about the PSOne version.

WarPig

FortNinety said:
I wonder how he feels about the PSOne version.

In an old interview with GMR, he agreed that the mis-coloring of Kasumi's hair on the cover was unfortunate. I'm not sure what he thinks of the game, though.

DFS.

Soul4ger

DarkCloud said:
The initial print run is coming as a double case slip covered set with a seperate manual for each game...just like the GTA Double Pack. Also has some form of trading card deal (like DoA Voleyball had) After that run sells through the game will be run through as a Dual DVD case like the Shenmue II release which will become standard.

At least that's what I've gleamed from the various hands on/interviews I's seen for this game.

Well, that explains it! Thanks for clearing things up for me, sir. I'll definitely need it if the packaging is like that.

Top Bottom