• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Ultimate Confusion

Okay... Dead or Alive Ultimate has DOA 1 and an upgraded version of DOA 2 right? I was under the impression that meant that no new characters from 3 would be in it. However, on one of the new movies on Gamespot there is a movie on one of the new levels that has Hitomi playing. Does this mean all the new characters in 3 will now be in Ultimate? That rocks if true!

914836_20040720_screen006.jpg

Alex

I STILL think a collection of DOA 1 + 2 is silly. A best of "DOA: Ultimate Edition", with all stages, all characters, and with some added flash + online play would make the most sense.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hitomi rocks...

but i hope brad wong is in as well, as hes the ultimate doa bad ass

I think Tecmo is feeling a little heat from Konami due to Rumble Roses. I mean... DOA doesn't have mud wrestling. Though that first screen shot is close I guess...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
nitewulf said:
wait its not gonna have the hot british assassin? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it has hitomi, so, i'd say theres at least a good chance that christie will be in as well *shrugs

Alex said:
I STILL think a collection of DOA 1 + 2 is silly. A best of "DOA: Ultimate Edition", with all stages, all characters, and with some added flash + online play would make the most sense.
DOA Ultimate Hardcore

Hitomi is the only doa3 character so far, they said because she's user friendly.. wai! Hitomi!

Bebpo

Banned
anotheriori said:
DOA Ultimate Hardcore

Hitomi is the only doa3 character so far, they said because she's user friendly.. wai! Hitomi!

Wait, DoA has characters that aren't user friendly?... :p

Soul4ger

A guy that works in Gamestop here was telling a guy that he'd have to pre-order two separate copies of DOAU if he wanted both DOA and DOA2, because they'd come in different volumes.

Although it might have the DOA3 characters included, I'm thinking that it's just Hitomi that's been added to DOA U. Hitomi is basically Ein from DOA2 and in DOA 3, Ein, who's actually named Hayate, is given mostly new moves. Hayate's sister, is of course, Hitomi, is added to DOA 3 with Hayate's DOA 2 form, Hayate -- meaning that Hitomi is probably just a skin for Ein in the game... Uhhh...anyway, I hope Brad and Christie are in....

ANyway that didn't make sense, did it? uhhh..never mind me.

kiryogi

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Although it might have the DOA3 characters included, I'm thinking that it's just Hitomi that's been added to DOA U. Hitomi is basically Ein from DOA2 and in DOA 3, Ein, who's actually named Hayate, is given mostly new moves. Hayate's sister, is of course, Hitomi, is added to DOA 3 with Hayate's DOA 2 form, Hayate -- meaning that Hitomi is probably just a skin for Ein in the game... Uhhh...anyway, I hope Brad and Christie are in....

ANyway that didn't make sense, did it? uhhh..never mind me.

Err.. isn't Kasumi Hayate's sister?

Uhhh...yeah...I was going to delete the post, but was too lazy... heh. Anyway, Hitomi is just a girl version of Ein, with basically all of his moves.

Miburou

So if this is an improved version of DoA2, does that mean that it will not have the new moves and techniques introduced in DoA3?

Miburou

And if they're only including one swimsuit per girl, then it's a shame they didn't give Tina the one featured in the US boxart, and Hitomi the one on the JP box.

Top Bottom