• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Ultimate screens

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
doau-on-safari-20041008114639893.jpg

beautiful! ;)

and yeah, no brad wong fucking sucks. i own with that dude.

Oh stupid DOA why couldn't you be the first online 3d fighting game like you said you would be, I could be playing you right now... but no... deceit and lies!!!

lordmrw

I really can't stand to play the games myself, but I'll be goddamned if I don't enjoy watching other people play it for an hour or so.

Docpan

Fuck, man. JUST GIVE US WHAT WE FUCKING WANT. Fuck the fighting game. Strip these girls naked and let us bang the beejesus out of them with various toys.

TheDiave said:
dead-or-alive-ultimate-20040928112125910.jpg

Water should have a reflection of them but it doesn't. TEH FLAW! :D
actually, if you've ever been to a decent beach, clear, shallow water like that won't give off much of a reflection... i should know, i lived near the beach in the cayman islands... :D

Gregory

Banned
It looks ok but I don`t see the graphical improvements over DOA3. It looks the same to me.

Is this an official sequel or just an add-on pack to DOA3?

Tellaerin

Gregory said:
It looks ok but I don`t see the graphical improvements over DOA3. It looks the same to me.

Neither. It's a remake of DOA2 with DOA3-level visuals and online play, plus a few gameplay enhancements cribbed from DOA3.

Chi-Town

Gregory said:

DOA Ultimate consists of...

Dead or Alive 1 in it's original Saturn form
Dead or Alive 2 with improved graphics
Both playable online

Tellaerin

Chi-Town said:
DOA Ultimate consists of...

Dead or Alive 1 in it's original Saturn form
Dead or Alive 2 with improved graphics
Both playable online

Didn't mention the Saturn port of DOA 1 in my post, mainly because I don't think most people are interested in that part of the collection. I think the idea of including it was probably inspired by the VF 10th Anniversary mode in VF4: Evo, except that in all fairness, the original DOA doesn't have nearly the nostalgia value that Virtua Fighter does. It's probably something most people will pop in once or twice out of curiosity and forget about.

LAMBO

Fighters usually do have some of the best graphics, they can focus all the power of the on just a few characters and a relativly small area.

By the way, I forgot to mention that some new videos went up of DOAU on Kikizo this week, including the THATRE ON FIRE stage!

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200410/012.asp

"These showfloor gameplay videos show off several new background stages in the game, including the phenomenal burning theatre stage, along with the recently unveiled African wildlife environment and even a disco of some kind. ...

We took some stills of the game in order to give you an idea of the content of the videos - which are all offered at sixty frames per second and will require a decent PC with either Windows Media Player 9 or 10 for best playback results - although of course the game looks much better in direct feed, which we're aiming to provide nearer to the game's release.
"

Usual Kikizo 60fps issue applies ;-)

COCKLES

being watched
Itagaki = God walking amongst us mere insects!

Absoultely....fucking....amazing.

Can you imagine Tecmo on NextBox or PS3?

Oh my...

Top Bottom