• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster - Previews Roundup

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like a round of previews happened with a lot of outlets and streamers getting their hands on the game.

Since I was only able to go through the first section of the game, I do still have some questions about how well the remaining hours at the mall have been balanced. Even so, my time with Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster showed me that Capcom has made the right choices in preserving the things that made the experience so unique, while still modernizing it and updating it appropriately. Everything I played felt like a mostly healthy balance, and it's one I'm looking forward to continuing very soon.

While I was upset that I could not play the entirety of 72-Hour mode, my time with Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster gave me all the information needed to feel confident that Capcom just might have knocked this more-than-a-remaster, not-quite-a-remake right out of the park. I am especially eager to see the changes, if any, made to Overtime and Infinity Mode and I look forward to playing the final build when Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster releases to digital storefronts on September 19. If you’d like a physical copy, you’ll have to wait until November 8.

While my preview time was limited, I’m looking forward to September 19 with bated breath. It was a joy to revisit one of my favorite games from another era, and this remaster looks to deliver an authentic reimagining of one of the greatest 360 library titles.

Last edited:

Pey.

I played a PC preview version. It has FSR3 (no FG), XeSS and DLSS with FG. First Capcom game to have all upscalers: https://www.pcmrace.com/2024/08/13/dead-rising-deluxe-remaster-pc-preview/ There are some 4k pics in the article.

drdr.exe-Screenshot-2024.08.10-01.22.50.86.jpg

drdr.exe-Screenshot-2024.08.10-02.36.42.76.jpg

SCB3

is the time limit still in the game? if so im out
Tbf thats a big part of Dead Rising's gameplay loop

I cannot decide if I want to bother with this, I played the PS4 re-release last year and it may have been too close to this, also if the Achievements/rewards are the same, I really don't feel like doing Zombie Genocider and 7 Day Survivor ever again

Bridges

Apparently they rewrote Cliff, the Vietnam War veteran psychopath.

In the original before the fight he would say:
"You can't tell me, can ya fella? Oh yeah, I know why. It's because you're Vietcong. You're nothing but a filthy communist!"

Now instead he says:
"You can't tell me, can ya fella? Oh yeah, I know why. It's because you're a mole. You're nothing but a filthy animal!"

Also, since they removed erotica points, now Kent shows the player a "funny" picture instead of a "sexy" picture.

None of these are deal breakers for me but these are dumb changes imo

tommib

"You can't tell me, can ya fella? Oh yeah, I know why. It's because you're Vietcong. You're nothing but a filthy communist!"

Now instead he says:
"You can't tell me, can ya fella? Oh yeah, I know why. It's because you're a mole. You're nothing but a filthy animal!"

Also, since they removed erotica points, now Kent shows the player a "funny" picture instead of a "sexy" picture.

The communist line being rewritten actually triggers me. See no point in doing it. It’s a funny veteran trope.

MDSLKTR

Now instead he says:

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Now instead he says:

lol, even fucking commies are off limits now, huh? What a farce.

calistan

Damn, I was really looking forward to this. I'd love to play Dead Rising with improved graphics and better controls, but this is totally off my radar now. Starting a playthrough of the 2016 version instead.

It looks... weird. Frank looks awkward and stocky and moves like a shortsighted man looking for his towel on the beach. And the mall doesn't look super different. I understand not even RE Engine can work miracles in a game where there are dozens of characters in the same place at the same time, but I was expecting something prettier.

tommib

Why are they calling this a remaster when it’s clearly a remake? Can’t believe even devs get confused with the terminology here.

Nickolaidas

I'm honestly surprised they kept the fat, crazy, ugly lesbian as is.

Then again, female characters are now designed like this, so they probably decided they shouldn't bother.

Hypereides

Gold Member

Now instead he says:

Holy shit, lol. Yeah, this game is completely sanitizing itself for no reason other than to appease the easily offended. The removal of "communist" sounds weirdly suspicious.

EDIT: apparently, that line may be contextual.

Last edited:

K' Dash

Not necessarily a deal breaker but… jeez I figured the original game out when I was 11 years old.

that tell you how braindead kids are today, they have the attention span of a gold fish, I see it all the time with my 17yo: he's playing something and pauses constantly to look at the phone and forgets what he was doing or where he was going...

Top Bottom