• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathrow(XBOX) is awesome!

thorns

Banned
It's amazing how low under the radar this game flew..
Graphics are amazing! The game is very fast paced and fun.

Any of the more recent xbox owners should give this game a try.

sim-deathrow-0005.jpg

sim-deathrow-0024.jpg

sim-deathrow-0009.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yeah, deathrow is really really cool. amazing what a talented small team can do still these days. graphics still look great.

by the way, that girl team in pic 3 (seacats?) fucking suck.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Borrowed it from a friend but haven't played it yet. I'll check it out soon

Was this game released for Xbox only?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wario64 said:
Was this game released for Xbox only?

Ya Xbox exclusive.

Kickass game, had tons of fun playing through and unlocking everything.

I like the Ninja team the best.

screenshot_016.jpg

screenshot_017.jpg

blackdragons_screen003.jpg

blackdragons_screen002.jpg

blackdragons_screen007.jpg

Sysgen

Got it when it first came out and didn;t really give it a chance. Played it again a year later, gave it time and it rocked, though after playing through with a second team it got old. Where is the Xbox Live version? This game screams online.

COCKLES

being watched
Indeed.

Remember to check out the other two in the Xboxes golden nugget chest of overlooked titles.

Buffy (Original)
Enclave

This just in! Powersauce..

TN_powersauce.JPG

is awesome!

Oh, and Enclave is horribly overrated. I tried looking for Deathrow in EB so many times, but no one ever traded it in :(

B E N K E

The sad thing is this was so utterly overlooked the team has yet to announce a new project. I think they worked on the Xbox Live components for XIII, but they deserve to get the green light for a new game of their own.

element

B E N K E said:
The sad thing is this was so utterly overlooked the team has yet to announce a new project. I think they worked on the Xbox Live components for XIII, but they deserve to get the green light for a new game of their own.
sadly I think that has to do with the size of their team. I think Deathrow was 11 to 14 people, which is super small. Publishers see that and can't imagine a developer that small actually making a quality title on time.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Enclave rocks....it's very challenging, but it's awesome. Same developer as Chronicles of Riddick for Xbox BTW.

I would recommend the PC version of Enclave over the Xbox version though; it controls better and got a few small tweaks to make the game a little less frustrating at times. Get it either way.

Deathrow's awesome too, although I can't really recommend Buffy anymore. Felt too choppy last time I tried playing it...

I'd love to see a Deathrow sequel with Live play enabled. And all the teams rock...you get better players as you go through the main mode anyway. I love using the Seacats because of their Russian accents and lines like "I hope you've picked out a dress to wear for after I've CRUSHED YOUR BALLS in." Gotta love the cussing in Deathrow.

thorns

Banned
element said:
sadly I think that has to do with the size of their team. I think Deathrow was 11 to 14 people, which is super small. Publishers see that and can't imagine a developer that small actually making a quality title on time.

If you check their page http://www.southend-interactive.com they 're already hiring people for a new game, which means they have a publisher now.. I think this game is going be multiplatform though because they're searching for people with PS2 experience as well.

Top Bottom