• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December EDGE Review Scores?

olimario

Banned
Sorry GAF. it seems they are fake.

Half life 2 - 10
Halo 2 - 8
Monster hunter - 8
Eyetoy Play 2 - 8
Killzone - 8
Pro Evolution soccer 4 - 9
Gametrak - 5
THUG 2 - 7
Final Fantasy 11 - 6
Sly 2 - 6
Sega Superstars - 7
Flatout - 7

But here is the cover.
edge.jpg

olimario

Banned
I've been OA duped, it seems.
And after the cover I thought they had to be real.

Can a mod please lock and delete OA.

The latest clover give no mention of a halo 2 review, would they not al least mention that the have reviewed one of the biggest games this year on the cover if it were inside!

NewEdge.jpg

Mrbob

I think the Halo 2 score was added to incite riot.

No way they would review the game without mentioning it on the cover.

I believe the Half Life 2 score though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Scores are fake. Not all of them (I'll not say which ones), but neither Killzone nor Halo 2 were reviewed.

Moderators should lock this thread I guess.

Mrbob

TTP said:
Scores are fake. Not all of them (I'll not say which ones), but neither Killzone nor Halo 2 were reviewed.

Moderators should lock this thread I guess.

Can you give a smiley on the Hl2 = 10 score? Or better yet PM and let me know what they said! :D

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Fleming said:
OMGWTFx100
I thought it went the same path as RE:O

We all did, but Capcom Europe are going all-out to get it online. And RE:O File 2 will be online as well, for what it's worth.

SantaC

I found these on TXB.

Half Life 2..........................................Ten out of Ten
Rome Total War..................................Nine out of Ten
Tribes: Vengance.............................Seven out of Ten
Monster Hunter.................................Eight out of Ten
Bloood Will Tell.....................................Six out of Ten
Final Fantasy XI...................................Six out of Ten
Sly 2..................................................Six out of Ten
Sega Super Stars.............................Seven out of Ten
Eyetoy Play 2...................................Eight out of Ten
Flat Out.........................................Seven out of Ten
Super Mario Ball.................................Four out of Ten
Pro Evolution Soccer 4........................Nine out of Ten
Advance Guardian Hero.........................Six out of Ten
Gametrak: Darkwind............................Five out of Ten
THUG 2..........................................Seven out of Ten
Under The Skin....................................Six out of Ten

It seems that HL2 got a 10 indeed!

Shompola

Banned
Deg said:
HL2 will never score 10 in Edge. No matter how good it is.

What are you talking about mate. Edge has given games 10s in the past so why wouldn't they give HL2 a 10 if it deserves it? You think the delay and internal problems between vivendi and valve would make edge consider to give the game a lower score?

epmode

GhaleonEB said:
They gave the first Halo a 10.
i'm still shaking my head on that one. don't get me wrong, i want halo 2 more than anything ever.. it's just that the first one didn't exactly strike me as a 10/10 title. in edge, no less.

cja

On sale Thursday, October 28, issue 143 of Edge introduces a new design which maximises the visual impact of what is a fundamentally graphical medium. Moreover, changing its mission statement from 'the future of electronic entertainment' to 'videogame culture' sees Edge setting a new agenda, aggressively pursuing all that is interesting in gaming and imaginatively assessing its wider significance. With revamped game reviews and a new 'Start' section, Edge also introduces a new perspective on gaming called 'Time Extend'. This series of articles follows significant titles after the pre-release hype and the post-release criticism have died down, examining the influence they had on the people who played them and on the games that followed.
Edge have changed their scoring structure. How much a ten is worth now... we'll just have to see the frequency they're given. Three scores of 9+ and only one <5 is a worrying start. They should have scrapped scores altogether imho.

refreshZ

Found these on Rllmuk...

Half Life 2 10
Rome 9
Tribes 7
Monster Hunter 8
Bloood Will Tell: Osamu Tezika's Dororo 6
Final Fantasy XI 6
Sly 2 6
Sega Super Stars 7
Eyetoy Play 2 8
Flat Out 7
Super Mario Ball 4
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 9!
Advance Guardian Hero 6
Gametrak: Darkwind 5
THUG 2 7
Under The Skin 6

edit: oops, already posted

Chittagong

Gold Member
How did Mario Ball ever happen? Nintendo just outsourced their key franchise to a shitty developer for a few extra bucks?

Catalyst

Banned
FFXI is a fucking 8/10 at LEAST. Before I cancelled my account, a lot of Europeans started playing and most of them were horrible players, totally different "style" than the rest of the American and Japanese players. It was horrible. When/if I go back, I have hell to look forward to.

snapty00

Banned
Chittagong said:
How did Mario Ball ever happen? Nintendo just outsourced their key franchise to a shitty developer for a few extra bucks?
I'm guessing so.

If you play the game, you really will be surprised at how shitty it is. Nintendo's recent publishing record hasn't exactly been great overall anyway, but Super Mario Ball sets a new low.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
cja said:
Three scores of 9+ and only one <5 is a worrying start.

Heaven forbid that it was a good month for games, or something.

Oh, and the FFXI score is still fake.

Rodriguez

These scores are obviously fake. FlatOut a 7/10? Bitch, please. We all know FlatOut will be the first game in Edge history to score an 11/10.

SantaC

snapty00 said:
I'm guessing so.

If you play the game, you really will be surprised at how shitty it is. Nintendo's recent publishing record hasn't exactly been great overall anyway, but Super Mario Ball sets a new low.

paper mario 2, pikmin 2? Explain. I mean it's getting old. You bash Nintendo in almost every thread.

GhaleonEB

epmode said:
i'm still shaking my head on that one. don't get me wrong, i want halo 2 more than anything ever.. it's just that the first one didn't exactly strike me as a 10/10 title. in edge, no less.

Now now. But when it was released, they were far from alone in giving it a 10. It deserved it.

megateto

Catalyst said:
FFXI is a fucking 8/10 at LEAST. Before I cancelled my account, a lot of Europeans started playing and most of them were horrible players, totally different "style" than the rest of the American and Japanese players. It was horrible. When/if I go back, I have hell to look forward to.

What were the differences between European and USA and Japan players? Just out of curiosity...

pilonv1

cja said:
Edge have changed their scoring structure. How much a ten is worth now... we'll just have to see the frequency they're given. Three scores of 9+ and only one <5 is a worrying start. They should have scrapped scores altogether imho.

It just says revamped review section, I doubt they'll be changing their scoring structure.

Heres some more fuel to the "fake" fire, Edge Australia has scores for some of these games, Rome (8/10), Pro Evo 4 (8/10), THUG 2 (4/10). Now to my knowledge they've only written one new review (Fable and possibly Pokemon Red/Green), and have used the UK reviews. Fable did have the same score as the UK mag though. There's just quite a few inconsistencies with these scores, it wouldn't surprise me if they were fake. However it wouldn't really surprise me if they were real either.

MrparisSM

Banned
Catalyst said:

I absolutely LOVED this game at first. But 90% of higher levels are JPN. And they never want to group or play with Americans! There's some serious racial shit going on in that game. Also, I left the game for a little over 3 months.... Guess what? They deleted my level 45 character and my other 2 characters that I had spent MONTHS and over a hundred real dollars on. And that's not even half of it, I was gonna say oh well fuck and just start over. Since it's been over 3 months, I have to purchase a NEW GAME!!! My CD registration code and everything has been canceled. SE fucked me over good! I couldn't believe it. I have never heard of this happening for any other MMORPG. My friend has EQ and he came back after a year and his character was still there. I know it says 3 months, but DAMN. And to make me buy a whole new game? I will probably never purchase anything from SE after that. Might even report them to the BBB, because if I've purchased a game, I should still be able to play it...

refreshZ said:
Half Life 2 10
Rome 9
Tribes 7
Monster Hunter 8
Bloood Will Tell: Osamu Tezika's Dororo 6
Final Fantasy XI 6
Sly 2 6
Sega Super Stars 7
Eyetoy Play 2 8
Flat Out 7
Super Mario Ball 4
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 9!
Advance Guardian Hero 6
Gametrak: Darkwind 5
THUG 2 7
Under The Skin 6

The Other One said:
Hold on, before you lot start, I don't have the magazine but two different people (from two different places) have posted the scores and confirmed they are right.

:D

epmode

i don't think either set of scores is entirely accurate. here's an interesting post from another forum:
Mad Gear said:
Picked up the new Edge today.
Kudos to the Edge team for the DS flip up cover!! I think its to scale so you get a good idea of how it'll work out.
Most things have basiclly stayed the same (new fonts, sections headlines changes i.e Pre-screen=Hype, Test-screen=Reviews etc.
Blink and you'll miss 'em scores at the end of each review now.
Redeye/Gary Penn, Trigger Happy, Biffo have been moved to the back of the mag.
AV out is erm out and replaced with a guest column.
It seems that stress has got the best of poor old Toshihiro.
What lookes like the Killzone sign at the back of last months mag is the new Edge logo (dunno what this months is tho).
Some excellent artwork has been used for the "Time extend" retro lookback at Zelda:MM.
Interview with Mr Domonic Diamond on his new games show.
10 pages devoted to the DS and games but only 2 for the HL2 review.
The HL2 review is a bit naff (maybe they didn't want to spoil it for us?).
Interview with Kazunori Yamauchi about WTF is going on with GT4?
More on Ico2!!! (interview with Fumito Ueda)
More RE4!!!
As for the Halo2 review it seems the OXBM has TEH XclusIv£ it (due outNov4) french translation notwithstanding.
Oh and theres a monthy comic-strip!
and then in response to "Question. Is the Half-Life 2 10/10 score fake or not? There's some serious doubting going on over at Rllmuk that they've been made up...", he posted
Mad Gear said:
It sure did get a 10 and FFXI got an 8 (not a 6).
http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?p=357635#post357635

Top Bottom