• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Decision time (Ps2 rpg)-- opinons?

CygnusXI

I'm stuck between LotR and Bards Tale...

Now I love both Action rpg's, and Turn based...

I've heard Bards tale is funny and that LotR is...well.. a linear, short, FFX rip off.. LOL.
I don't care...

Which would YOU recommend for my bucks?
(Need one after finishing Shadow Hearts 2, and Dog's Life(haha-- fling poo!))

madara

From what people are saying(opened minded ones too) either of those are worth 49.99 pricetag, maybe half that. But sure get few more experienced replies. Seems rpgs will be heating up around feb, should be decent stack them then.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I'd say the Bard's Tale. I'm more interested in something fresh, original and witty than a FFX-esque game in the LotR world, even though it's a very pretty rip-off.

Soul4ger

I would wait until they're both $20...

If you don't mind spending $50, get Shadow Hearts: Covenant. That's turn-based, with a twist, and great fun.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'd say pass on them all and get Druaga!
Game is fucking tough, I still can't get pass this one floor. I think its like 17 or 18. The damn spiky thing keeps kicking my ass.
And those fucking ropers can go to hell.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Rei_Toei said:
I'd say the Bard's Tale. I'm more interested in something fresh, original and witty than a FFX-esque game in the LotR world, even though it's a very pretty rip-off.

From GameFAQs:

The Bard's Tale (C64)
The Bard's Tale Electronic Arts 01/01/85 NA

DaBuddaDa

Wait for Suikoden IV :lol

But if you really want one of those two, I'd say Bard's Tale now, and get LOTR when it drops to $30 or $20.

ferricide

yeah, uh ... why are you picking between two of the more middling-quality PS2 RPGs this fall instead of one of the better ones? SMT nocturne and shadow hearts covenant are better picks than either of those games IMO. and if you want a hack/slash, xmen legends > bards tale. bards tale is on the $20 express train, i bet, as well.

Top Bottom