• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam: Fight for NY screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
920171_20040715_screen001.jpg

920171_20040715_screen002.jpg

920171_20040715_screen003.jpg

920171_20040715_screen004.jpg

920171_20040715_screen005.jpg

920171_20040715_screen006.jpg

920171_20040715_screen007.jpg

920171_20040715_screen008.jpg

920171_20040715_screen009.jpg

920171_20040715_screen010.jpg

Holy shit, that looks great. Can't wait. I know this has probably been asked (and answered) already, but is there CAW? Not that I didn't enjoy the stable of wrestlers in DJV, but as a sequel hopefully it will have it. Also, online play? Xbox version?

explodet

DJ Demon J said:
Holy shit, that looks great. Can't wait. I know this has probably been asked (and answered) already, but is there CAW? Not that I didn't enjoy the stable of wrestlers in DJV, but as a sequel hopefully it will have it. Also, online play? Xbox version?
There's a CAW, no online play though.

explodet said:
There's a CAW, no online play though.

Thanks.

That sucks; not even on PS2? EA has usually been an online-friendly company...were DJV's sales not robust? I would assume they'd have to be for EA to greenlight a sequel.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the PR shots for this game look HOT... but i cant imagine actual in game grabs will look anything like it.

has anyone gotten hands on with this? i didnt see it at e3 myself, but surely someone did... bish?

explodet

Sure they're hi-res, but I think it's still better than people complaining about how HIDEOS screenshots are. :D

So who'd win in a fight - Flava Flav or Evil Pimp Snoop?

rastex

Banned
DJ Demon J said:
Thanks.

That sucks; not even on PS2? EA has usually been an online-friendly company...were DJV's sales not robust? I would assume they'd have to be for EA to greenlight a sequel.

When I talked to the rep he said that they toyed around with the idea but felt in the time given they couldn't make online as good as they wanted to, so they figured might as well make the rest of the game that much better instead of just tagging on some ad hoc online mode. We then proceeded to play 4 player mode where I kicked his ass :) Not my style of game, but it'd be ok with a bunch of friends, and it looks damn nice.

Bunrout 3 is also ridiculously good :)

rastex said:
When I talked to the rep he said that they toyed around with the idea but felt in the time given they couldn't make online as good as they wanted to, so they figured might as well make the rest of the game that much better instead of just tagging on some ad hoc online mode. We then proceeded to play 4 player mode where I kicked his ass :) Not my style of game, but it'd be ok with a bunch of friends, and it looks damn nice.

Bunrout 3 is also ridiculously good :)

Ahh...thanks for the info rastex. And yes, Burnout 3 is a must-have. :D

rastex

Banned
Ya there's a HUD. You have your lifeguage. And when you get a person into holds then a hold-meter thing comes up and you have to mash the bar up. I think that's about it though, don't think there's any time or anything like that. Oh, and the rep was saying that the CAW has like 10,000 different things you can do. Not only can you choose the clothes, but you can say how they wear it. I.e. Baseball cap can be worn in at least 4 different directions, pants can be worn sagging high up, or whatever. You get the idea.

AssMan

Banned
Is the gameplay great doesn't get stale quick? I know this is EA Big, but I never played the first Def Jams game.

hooo

boooy
What does it play like? A high speed Aki wrestlter (like the last?), or something totally different? I love the virtual pro series, the kinikuman game was way too fast for me, and the first def jam was somewhere inbetween, but playable.

eshwaaz

Gamespot posted a new movie of gameplay footage yesterday, but it's for subscribers only.

I had no interest in this game whatsoever, but this new footage really got my attention. I lost interest in fighting games years ago, but Fight for NY looks like it could be a must-have. I can't think of another brawler that conveys a more brutal feeling of impact and weight.

I'm not crazy about the whole rap theme, but based on what I've seen, I think I'll get over it.

kasavin

eshwaaz said:
Gamespot posted a new movie of gameplay footage yesterday, but it's for subscribers only.

Actually, all of GameSpot's movies are completely free now. Registered users may also download them in addition to streaming them for free.

Did tables make it in? Also, I've read that there's a kick button now. Did they get rid of one of the others? I don't want this to play radically different than Vandetta.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The rappers actually look like themselves now. Good.

About those buttons...

Again, can they be re-mapped.?

Top Bottom