• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Tribe |OT| F2P SMT-like Demon-raising MOBA RPG for iOS, out now.

Goli

nvatspx.png

Trailer
http://youtu.be/mFPO0rUwDBw
SEGA’S EPIC BATTLE ARENA CCG
Destroy the demon invasion threatening the world in SEGA’s epic free-to-play battle game.
Rival tribes compete for glory. And all is not what it seems.

Demon Tribe thrusts you into an intense real-time blend of MOBA, Card Collection and RPG gaming.
Build a powerful team of fighters by capturing demons and fusing them into the ultimate power: magic that transforms you and your tribe into the very demons you must vanquish.

BECOME A WARRIOR OF THE DEMON TRIBE
- Play as any number of unique, individualized fighters
- 250+ unique demons to capture and collect
- Fuse demons and unleash their powers in battle
- Master melee and range weapons; use alchemy to create and strengthen weapons
- Manage the battle for a secret base and send fighters on missions to acquire new technology and resources

INTENSE REAL-TIME MULTI-PLAYER BATTLES
- Co-op and competitive MOBA-style battles
- Up to six players in 3v3 synchronous battles
- In-depth player and clan ranking and reward system
- Includes single player missions to hone skills, capture demons, new weapons and technology

JOURNEY INTO A MASSIVE DARK FANTASY SCI-FI WORLD
- Created by SEGA legend, Masayoshi Kikuchi, producer and director of the Panzer Dragoon series, the Yakuza series and Jet Grind Radio
- 1.1gigabytes of gaming and graphics; 41MB initial download
- Features 3D rendered world and character art, animated cut scenes and full score

PLEASE NOTE: Demon Tribe is completely free to play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you do not want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings.

Note: A network connection is required to play
Download here: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id576970363
http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/demon-tribe/

Screens from the app store with horrible text all over:
Note: The game appears to be slowly rolling out worldwide according to TA, but for now the only place I know for sure it's out is in Japan, where it's been out for a while now, except now it got updated with English support. I just downloaded the app from the Japanese store and am downloading the rest now

*: Logo from an older version? Couldn't find an updated one.

Goli

That art... iOS developers are truly shameless.

Sega made it, and they own Atlus now so it's less shameless?
The game is quite popular in Japan apparently, so I'm excited to give it a try... but the download is taking forever.

Avallon

This game is fun, but I'm getting connection issues every time I try to start a mission after the tutorial. I'm on wi-fi.

ZeroAKA

I just started playing this and I'm still not completely sure what's going on, but I might have just made a NeoGAF clan. o_O

Started playing this a bit just now. First impressions:
- This game needed way more QA; I'm talking obvious grammatical typos and text box overruns everywhere.
- There's a help menu in Options that gives a few explanations about game mechanics. Might want to check it out if you're confused.
- It claims it will resume where it left off if you quit the app while it's downloading the big 1.1GB update, but when I did so it stopped working so hard I had to reinstall the entire app.
- Yep, this game is IAP Hell, with magic crystals and multiple paid gachas for you to roll. So far it seems generous in terms of giving you free stones to roll with, but who knows at what point that will dry up.
- True to Japanese F2P fashion the game gives you one free sapphire roll at the beginning. If you've ever wandered into the PAD thread you know what that can mean... I got a Valkyrie as my Sapphire roll; who knows if she's even good in this game. Can't find a shit list on any of the Japanese wikis and of course there's no English information on the game yet.
- There's a referral system in place that gets the referrer a Loki demon and the referees ten crystals. Let's start a referral chain - my link is https://pre.sega-net.jp/invite/inputcode?cid=demontribe_invite&code=40bbf942

Top Bottom