• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demonoid has been resurrected (again)!!!

ArynCrinn

Banned
Don't even know if I should be posting this on one of my public forums, since they might not want all the exposure just yet. But apparently the original Admins and Owner are still detained in Mexico, but are supporting the website and tracker's comeback. The FULL database is intact as well as all username/password credentials since the site went down.

So if you were already a member of Demonoid, no need to sign up again, your credentials will still work! It's still in beta so some things still need to be fixed and tweaked. Obviously it'll take some time to reproduce the seeder base, but cheers of joy. Especially in the wake of the absolutely heartbreaking UG shutdown.

Cheers!

Edit: Sorry, clicked the wrong fucking tab, could somebody please move this to Off-Topic?

Old news, the so called "new site" was up back at the end of April

People are still skeptical to even use it though since the owner and admin are still detained.

IMO, Demoniod got too big that it became almost like a public tracker because almost everyone had an account for it.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Old news, the so called "new site" was up back at the end of April

People are still skeptical to even use it though since the owner and admin are still detained.

IMO, Demoniod got too big that it became almost like a public tracker because almost everyone had an account for it.

Yes, but it's been confirmed through FTN/other trackers like Revolt AND TT this new site has their full support and trust.

But I agree on the got too big part, they need to stay 20,000/30,000 or below to have a healthy system economy like old Demo.

Bet you it's a honeypot.

Same could be said of any tracker that was shutdown and came back either under new management or original management. None were honeypots, and I've been in the game since 2004.

In fact when BCG went down after a long downtime (when the servers were in Hong Kong) people were screaming honeypot when news it was coming back. Look at them now, last surviving dedicated gaming tacker with a great community and owner.

Top Bottom