• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Grinchy said:
I have hit 80% so far! All I have to do is get a +5 mercurystone weapon, get a few of the special weapons, and then get a few more spells. It's so close I can taste it. I just have to have this game platinumed before Dark Souls comes out.

How many hours you put in so far?

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
oracrest said:
I hit platinum on my 30th birthday. Such a great gift, and I never give a shit about game trophies...

I've been playing it for about a year now and I've yet to aquire the plat. Only grinding remains... (bladestone + others :p).

Will get 'em in the end, but I'd rather get the plat making appropriate builds than grinding them in succession just to get a trophy. Don't want to "cheat" by holding someone else's weapon either.

manzo

SonicX_Zero said:
If the bridge wont appear then you'll have to get it in NG+ since BP + Primeval Demon would still be a level short of PBWT and you dont have any boss left to kill.

God damnit.

I knew it. Oh well, 'twas probably my fault anyway. Time to troll people as the boss of 3-3, now it won't matter anymore mwahahah

oracrest

manzo said:
God damnit.

I knew it. Oh well, 'twas probably my fault anyway. Time to troll people as the boss of 3-3, now it won't matter anymore mwahahah

You could achieve it through a glitch, if you haven't killed primeval demon yet...

Sword Familiar said:
I've been playing it for about a year now and I've yet to aquire the plat. Only grinding remains... (bladestone + others :p).

Will get 'em in the end, but I'd rather get the plat making appropriate builds than grinding them in succession just to get a trophy. Don't want to "cheat" by holding someone else's weapon either.

Yeah, I hate to cheat as well. The only thing I did was farm a pure bladestone for hours, and then ask if anyone had an extra to share.

Svartnatt

oracrest said:
Yeah, I hate to cheat as well. The only thing I did was farm a pure bladestone for hours, and then ask if anyone had an extra to share.

Count me as another, I can proudly say that my plat is 100% legit. Never asked, or even considered, duping, asking someone else to hold a weapon, etc. Farmed every single stone by my lonesome self. I think I'm clocked in at over 100 hours.

Of course I did consult faqs for stuff about the world tendencies, character tendecies, black phantoms, etc. This game would literally be impossible to plat without some kind of guidance in those areas, as the game doesn't tell you shit about any of that.

Sword Familiar

Svartnatt said:
Of course I did consult faqs for stuff about the world tendencies, character tendecies, black phantoms, etc. This game would literally be impossible to plat without some kind of guidance in those areas, as the game doesn't tell you shit about any of that.

Yeah, I've consulted faqs for a lot of stuff, like upgrading, tendencies etc.. Basically stuff that would otherwise be a waste of my time. Strategies for bosses and monsters however, I would never look up.

Besides, I finished the game in offline mode, not consulting anyone about anything, on my first two runs, so I think I can forgive myself for using the faq ever so frequently now. :D

Alright fuck this game I am done with it. Hard as shit. I been playing the same level over and over to just earn souls and level up but apparently I still can't beat this dragon god asshole. Fuck him or it, whatever the hell it is. Fuck him with a ten inch pole wait no he's a big asshole....fuck him with a 500 inch pole.

Grinchy

Banned
bdizzle said:
How many hours you put in so far?
My faith character is at around 100 hours, but I have like 4 or 5 builds I mess with. If you go in with a plan, you can plat the game in much less time, though. I didn't care about the plat at first, since I never thought I'd be able to get it.

spiderman123 said:
Alright fuck this game I am done with it. Hard as shit. I been playing the same level over and over to just earn souls and level up but apparently I still can't beat this dragon god asshole. Fuck him or it, whatever the hell it is. Fuck him with a ten inch pole wait no he's a big asshole....fuck him with a 500 inch pole.
That's one battle where patience is key. You're not supposed to attack him. Make sure to equip the Thief Ring and move behind the pillars. Also pay attention to his eyes - when they turn red, it means he's about to attack. If you have enough HP, you can afford to get hit once and let him destroy all the debris in your way for you. This way you can quickly get to the two cannon thingies. It took me about 10 tries, but once I got the hang of it, it just became a matter of figuring out the rhythm. When you've activated both cannon thingies, he's basically incapacitated and you can safely kill him with ranged attacks.

I've received so much help in this thread, glad to finally contribute for once! :-D

Leona Lewis said:
That's one battle where patience is key. You're not supposed to attack him. Make sure to equip the Thief Ring and move behind the pillars. Also pay attention to his eyes - when they turn red, it means he's about to attack. If you have enough HP, you can afford to get hit once and let him destroy all the debris in your way for you. This way you can quickly get to the two cannon thingies. It took me about 10 tries, but once I got the hang of it, it just became a matter of figuring out the rhythm. When you've activated both cannon thingies, he's basically incapacitated and you can safely kill him with ranged attacks.

I've received so much help in this thread, glad to finally contribute for once! :-D

I'm trying that but one punch and I am dead and it happens every time I get close to this glowing ballista looking thing.

edit: and I try predicting the punches but it hard BECAUSE HE SO DAMN BIG

Grinchy

Banned
spiderman123 said:
If you play a mage, you can use a bow to line up your shots with soul arrow. So you can aim the bow at the wreckage that's blocking your path, then use soul arrow to destroy it (so you can just sprint all the way through).

If you are a melee guy who uses a shield, you can use L2 to shield bash the debris out of your way. You may already know these things, but if you don't, they could help.

Once you beat that dragon once, you'll find that it's the easiest boss in the game. The problem may just be that you are scared of him, lol. If you hesitate before sprinting after you see his eyes go red, you'll probably get hit.

LeCapitan

Neo Member
spiderman123 said:
I'm trying that but one punch and I am dead and it happens every time I get close to this glowing ballista looking thing.

If you'd like to try something different, you can use soul arrow to break the debris. Get any bow and use it to aim at the debris, then press triangle to come out of aiming mode and use soul arrow. Soul arrow should hit wherever you were aiming with the bow. It will take a lot of soul arrow hits to break the debris, so bring plenty of fresh spice (at least 20). The only debris you will have a problem with is the one right before the second ballista. For that one you will just need to run to it and attack as fast as possible (I think as long as you have the Crescent Falchion +1 you should be OK).

Edit: gah

Started my dex/archer run last night finally. I have my compound long bow up to +3 and enough strength to hold it and the rest bumped into dex... I think sitting at about 25 or so. Working on getting the Clever Rats Ring and finishing 3-1 then its off to 2 to get my spiderstones. I really hope I will be able to manage NG+ with this character as my knight I wasn't really careful about my stats when I leveled. But I too am hoping to plat this before Dark Souls.

Grinchy said:
If you play a mage, you can use a bow to line up your shots with soul arrow. So you can aim the bow at the wreckage that's blocking your path, then use soul arrow to destroy it (so you can just sprint all the way through).

If you are a melee guy who uses a shield, you can use L2 to shield bash the debris out of your way. You may already know these things, but if you don't, they could help.

Once you beat that dragon once, you'll find that it's the easiest boss in the game. The problem may just be that you are scared of him, lol. If you hesitate before sprinting after you see his eyes go red, you'll probably get hit.

THIS IS THE EASIEST BOSS IN THE GAME, it's official I suck so hard. God man. Yah I am a knight and I bash but the problem comes when he throws those punches. I think the easiest thing I gota do is some leveling up ....so I can somehow increase my speed b/c I run out of stamina fast when I am running.

spiderman123 said:
THIS IS THE EASIEST BOSS IN THE GAME, it's official I suck so hard. God man. Yah I am a knight and I bash but the problem comes when he throws those punches. I think the easiest thing I gota do is some leveling up ....so I can somehow increase my speed b/c I run out of stamina fast when I am running.
I had the same problem when I first fought him. I was a knight too. I ended up changing to the assassin's armor so that i could have less then half my equip burden and I rolled and ran like crazy. But after that I was able to dodge better and take him down.

Johnas

spiderman123 said:

Don't feel bad, it can be a tricky battle when you're new to it. If you have to, run up and get just one hit in on the debris, then hightail it back to the main hallway so he doesn't hit you.

You've noticed he roars when he sees you, if you have the camera oriented so that you can see his eyes, they turn red at the same time. Occasionally if you get out of sight quickly enough (behind a column) he won't punch, his eyes will go yellow again and he'll calm down. Watch his movements for a little while, you'll see the farthest that he moves his head to the left, that's the best opportunity to make a run for the debris.

Having more stamina makes it some easier, but not necessarily. Stealth is still required.

Well I gotta wait till my class is over to try again. I'll equip the thief ring and do some leveling up a bit to bring up my endurance then try again

buhdeh

spiderman123 said:

Not sure what kind of stats/equip you have but if your armor is affecting your stamina, take off all your armor. The dragon god boss is really easy. Don't sprint from end to end. Hide behind the columns between you and the boss at every chance and smash the rubble like crazy when you get to the blocked path.

Just wanna say that I bought this game on GAF recommendation and it's become probably my favourite game this gen. It's utterly fantastic. I just have 1-4, 2-3, 4-2 and 4-3 left to go in my first playthrough, and it's been such an excellent journey that I'm already lusting for Dark Souls. Thanks for the recommendation, all!

spiderman123 said:
Well I gotta wait till my class is over to try again. I'll equip the thief ring and do some leveling up a bit to bring up my endurance then try again
You can do it with base stamina (8 END), but you definitely want the thief ring.

Nix

Banned
God, I hate Adjucator. I have no problem with any other boss, other than him and Allant. Seriously, fuck them.

I like to fight humanoid monsters anyway. Like, Miralda and Garl are some of the best fights in the game for me. That first black phantom with the crossbow in 3-1 was crazy my first time around.

Can I get more of that in DS^^

By the way, I always let ostravia die, but if I keep him alive, can I get his BF armour?

Nix said:
God, I hate Adjucator. I have no problem with any other boss, other than him and Allant. Seriously, fuck them.

I like to fight humanoid monsters anyway. Like, Miralda and Garl are some of the best fights in the game for me. That first black phantom with the crossbow in 3-1 was crazy my first time around.

Can I get more of that in DS^^

By the way, I always let ostravia die, but if I keep him alive, can I get his BF armour?

The armour is also in 1-1 if you have PWWT if I remember correctly!

EasyMode

It's too bad I can't watch that video at work...

Nix said:
God, I hate Adjucator.
How are you fighting him? I just two-hand a sword and attack his wound until he falls down. His meat cleaver attack is slow enough that you can just walk away from it.

Ostrava's fluted armor can be found in 3-1 on the same floor as the prisoner horde.

Forgotten realms torn apart by the greed of the old kings. boletaria will never be the same.
our savior to prevail gain the souls of the lost withdrawn from its vessle. each archstone brings you one step closer to freeing you from your torment, the nexus, the place you now call home.
Soul of the mind, the key to life's ether
may the maiden guide you through the light and may strength be granted so the world might be mended, so the world might be mended.
but you will fail again and again, your soul in eternal pain and your journey everlasting.
all of this cuz i fucking i deam it to be so for i am the old one, i will break you. in blood filled water, you will remain. you may have a heart of gold but i will take it from you.

lol. so the world might be mended.

Nix said:

You can just walk counter-clock wise next to him when he turns. That way he will never ever hit you, and be the easiest boss in the game.

Andrew.

Banned
To all of you who havent played it......welcome to the biggest addiction you will ever feel. Ive never thought more about a game in my life. Now that Ive beaten it.....yes Im one of the ones who get through the whole thing, i have a gaping hole in my soul that was left by the lack of this game. It is a blessing and a curse hidden cleverly in one of the best games I've ever played in my life!

Dibbs

Aconn1283 said:
To all of you who havent played it......welcome to the biggest addiction you will ever feel. Ive never thought more about a game in my life. Now that Ive beaten it.....yes Im one of the ones who get through the whole thing, i have a gaping hole in my soul that was left by the lack of this game. It is a blessing and a curse hidden cleverly in one of the best games I've ever played in my life!

Fucking amen to that

spiderman123 said:

I thought that boss was easy. If you were able to beat some of the others dont give up on this boss. Increase your vitality, or kill the boss on 4-2 to get a demon soul which you could trade for a spell called second chance. It does what ou think it does.

Ill be honest, it takes a family to get somebody to beat demon souls. And or me, the amefaq boards did a good job of that. Theyll help u out.

Also, who is garl and how do fight him. Also, could somebody mention the pwwt zones? I know of some of theme, ie miralda, guy in prison cell, dbs, thats about it.

Does each zonr a particular world have a pwwt zone?

Aconn1283 said:

thats what new game+ is for son.

JumpingTheGun said:
thats what new game+ is for son.
I honestly hope in the sequel they add more to the NG+ game, like enemies with buffs/immunities/etc like Diablo's Nightmare/Hell difficulties. I want to be punished for my conceit. :D

elfinke

"Props to oracrest"

sogood.gif

I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a game. Maybe MGS2 on PS2 all those years ago? Maybe GT3 on PS2? I dunno, but it was a long time ago.

Sword Familiar

bone_and_sinew said:
There better be an enemy in Dark Souls named "Dark Demon" so that when we kill it, we end up with the Dark Demon's Soul.

At this rate we'll get oracrest as a demon and end up with Oracrest's Soul ^^

mattp

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLtWTEV4bOc&feature=player_embedded

Forgotten realms torn apart by the greed of the old kings.
Boletaria will never be the same.
Our savior to prevail gain the souls of the lost withdrawn from its vessle.
Each archstone brings you one step closer to freeing you from your torment, the nexus, the place you now call home.

Soul of the mind, the key to life's ether
may the maiden guide you through the light and may strength be granted
so the world might be mended,
so the world might be mended.

But you will fail again and again,
your soul in eternal pain and your journey everlasting.

All of this cuz i fucking i deam it to be so
for i am the old one,
i will break you.

In blood filled water, you will remain.
You may have a heart of gold but i will take it from you.

oracrest

Fought and took down BP Scirvir for the first time last night. Pretty hard getting used to his spells, since one fires immediately, and the other is a second delay. I died a handful of times. But on the last run, I think he ran out of mana eventually.

I believe he was the last BP for me to fight with for the first time. However many playthroughs later, still doing new content sometimes :)

oracrest said:
Fought and took down BP Scirvir for the first time last night. Pretty hard getting used to his spells, since one fires immediately, and the other is a second delay. I died a handful of times. But on the last run, I think he ran out of mana eventually.

I believe he was the last BP for me to fight with for the first time. However many playthroughs later, still doing new content sometimes :)
The first BP I encountered was Selen lol, this was on my first playthrough, when I didn't use wiki/faqs etc. I had no idea wtf happened.

oracrest

I remember a few times, when I didn't fully understand the mechanics, I ran into that meat cleaver BP in the swamp, who promptly killed me. Then, I go back, thinking that was just another player, and they would be gone by now, and there he is again, ready to plant my ass into the dirt. I must have quick quit that area 4 times before I realized it was just an AI character.

Top Bottom