• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

CatPee

Tdog987 said:
Any tips on successful invading?

I'm 0/4 and haven't come close to winning yet.

What's your equipment? It's best to use tactics that suit their strength. Speed and mobility is also key, so don't just wear all heavy armor.

Tdog987

CatPee said:
What's your equipment? It's best to use tactics that suit their strength. Speed and mobility is also key, so don't just wear all heavy armor.

Purple flame shield +5
Winged Spear +6
Wooden Catalyst (Soul arrow, Flame toss, poison could)
Ancient King's Mask
Ancient King's Breastplate
Ancient King's Gauntlets
Ancient King's Leggings
Cling and Eternal Warrior's Rings.

Stats are...

Vitality 24
Int 18
End 26
Str 27
Dex 12
Magic 11
Faith 11
Luck 7

Invest in Second Chance and upgrade your weapon to something that hits harder, like a dragon Mirdan Hammer or large sword. I wouldn't bother with a shield when invading unless it's a dark silver.

Are you using the shield raised and poking with the spear? You'll get backstabbed or guard crushed (whatever that's called in the game) a lot of you're doing that with multiple opponents running around.

CatPee

Tdog987 said:
Purple flame shield +5
Winged Spear +6
Wooden Catalyst (Soul arrow, Flame toss, poison could)
Ancient King's Mask
Ancient King's Breastplate
Ancient King's Gauntlets
Ancient King's Leggings
Cling and Eternal Warrior's Rings.

Stats are...

Vitality 24
Int 18
End 26
Str 27
Dex 12
Magic 11
Faith 11
Luck 7

You've got high strength and low dexterity, so a winged spear isn't really the best weapon to use. A Crushing(Greystone) weapon would be suited to you far better. Try upgrading a Bastard Sword or a Great Sword if you've got one. Once you have it, combine with either Sticky White Stuff or Enchant Weapon.

2 more things: What's your SL and are you able to roll quickly? My SL135 has 30+ endurance and still can't roll fast with the complete OKD armor set, so I'm just wondering on your end.

Tdog987

CatPee said:
You've got high strength and low dexterity, so a winged spear isn't really the best weapon to use. A Crushing(Greystone) weapon would be suited to you far better. Try upgrading a Bastard Sword or a Great Sword if you've got one. Once you have it, combine with either Sticky White Stuff or Enchant Weapon.

2 more things: What's your SL and are you able to roll quickly? My SL135 has 30+ endurance and still can't roll fast with the complete OKD armor set, so I'm just wondering on your end.

54 I think.

Tdog987

macuser1of5 said:
Invest in Second Chance and upgrade your weapon to something that hits harder, like a dragon Mirdan Hammer or large sword. I wouldn't bother with a shield when invading unless it's a dark silver.

Are you using the shield raised and poking with the spear? You'll get backstabbed or guard crushed (whatever that's called in the game) a lot of you're doing that with multiple opponents running around.

Yes, and thats been happening a lot.

ZeroRay

Try ambushing and luring if you can't get kills fighting one on one.

I recommend using a lighter armor so you can roll, as that makes quite a difference in PvP.

Yo Gotti

Banned
One of my favorite things to do lately has been to invade peoples worlds and just troll their playthrough with the thieves ring, w/o actually killing them, but I will punish them with a backstab or Gods Wrath if they let their guard down. Sort of like playing the roll of a mini-boss to keep them on their toes. Sometimes I'll randomly help them out by rushing ahead of them and killing a few of the tougher NPC's. I think they get souls from the enemies I kill.

Towards the end I usually end up giving them a good fight one one one or alongside the Black Knight NPC's where I don't use herbs or magic refills. I don't have a PVP build (still learning how to properly level, equip, etc) so I rarely win head to head fights, plus killing them would defeat the purpose of me helping them out, and it's hella fun to just be a random threat in the game that could potentially kill them anytime and ruin their playthrough.

The only thing about PVP is the lag really bugs me. I don't think I've had a single game with good hit VS detection and I'm probably at 30+ matches. This is probably my biggest complaint with the game so I really hope they get the netcode down for Dark Souls.

kizmah

Three hours in and I just beat my first demon, Phalanx, pretty easy blob. Met the Monumental and upgraded my charachter. So far I am loving the game. Great and rewarding gameplay that's fun in and of itself.

CatPee

Yo Gotti said:
The only thing about PVP is the lag really bugs me. I don't think I've had a single game with good hit VS detection and I'm probably at 30+ matches. This is probably my biggest complaint with the game so I really hope they get the netcode down for Dark Souls.

Unfortunately, the lag probably isn't going to be fixed anytime soon unless From can come up with some godly netcode and servers are of the utmost highest quality. I compared the lag with Demon's Souls and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and they're pretty close to each other. Of course, it's far more noticeable in Demon's Souls since you're fighting one-on-one up close and personal making individual hits with a medieval weapon rather than unleashing a stream of bullets.

GDHamell

Unconfirmed Member
Since I am terrible at blocking in games, I'd probably be terrible at this game. The premise seems cool, though.

Tdog987 said:
Yes, and thats been happening a lot.
Yeah you're probably not going to kill anyone doing, what, 90 dmg a hit or whatever it ends up being? :p The other problem with using a spear as an offensive weapon is the complete lack of attack arc or hitstun (it might exist, but I've never been caught in hitstun by a spear). No offense, but when I see a host with a shield and spear I laugh a bit :p

Ideally, you want to do at a minimum, 250-350 a hit (weapon depending), at that level range. Given your stats, I would build a Crushing weapon of some kind in the long-term, probably a claymore, since the attack arc is pretty wide along with the hugely annoying hitbox (those who know, know lol). You could also quickly make a Meat Cleaver just so you can see the potential of the larger weapons vs a spear. Regarding the shield, I would just use it on your back and 2h whatever weapon you end up using. Blocking is going to hurt you unless you have something that is particularly strong against ranged magic.

I wouldn't bother with the stamina ring personally, since your armor isn't stamina reducing. If you stick to a crushing weapon and don't use the shield you won't give off an aura, so using a thief ring would be tactically advantageous.

Don't bother with anything but area-effect spells (poison/acid/death), since they aren't dependent on stats for damage. I would drop soul arrow and flame toss and use death cloud in combination with acid cloud. Acid cloud will scare people away if you need a breather, while death cloud will let you track people through the level as their health ticks away (also exposes cloaked characters), is more annoying that poison, and will either make people recklessly aggressive or needlessly defensive. Also, the area effect will hit multiple people at once. Practice dropping them without locking on to anything so you get a feel for where they end up. I get a lot of people behind doors/below me/etc this way.

Since I am terrible at blocking in games, I'd probably be terrible at this game. The premise seems cool, though.
Dodging and spacing are much more important that quickly timed blocking. I haven't used a shield in this game in the last 1.5 years.

macuser1of5 said:
What level? If you're ~40s I can jump on tomorrow and give you a hand.

Well I'm level 27 or 28 I think. I'm on the PAL servers so if you are too and don't mind helping me that would be great. Also anyone else on the PAL servers who'd like to help out at any stage please do here is my PSN: RyujinZX

Make them chase you until before the enclosure with the stairs. When they walk back to their posts the dragon will roast them.

Huh...for some reason I never thought of that. It seems so obvious now. Of course I'll still need to be careful of the Dragon's fire myself.

Gonna give this a go again today, probably for most of the day haha. I'm getting loads of different weapon types and some with special effects, the problem I guess is that I only know a few enemies weaknesses in terms of weapon types so far, but I seem to be learning.

I'm also going to try going two handed against some enemies with strong defense because I hear it helps with guard crush.

Also it seems that depending on how good your weapon is it will give you certain stat boosts to attack/dexterity etc... normally written as a grade "D, E, C" etc... so I'm assuming that this stacks on top of the weapon's normally stated stats, for example if my weapon has 109 attack, then with a stat bonus of "C" to my attack I'll get even more damage potential.

I did my first multiplayer games with mixed results. Out of 3 invasions I killed one host, only because the rock throwers in 2-1 caught him! It was actually quite funny we'd been back and forth on the bridge, and my soul arrows were giving him enough trouble that he kept his distance to heal, and as a lowly Thief, I couldn't get too close to his sword and armour combo. I ran through the rocks and turned around to see him splattered on the floor :D

I had more success as a Blue Phantom, it feels fun to team up, I helped the host and another Blue Phantom in 4-1 until the host died (arrow traps, doh!)

It seems easier to find players who to invade as Black rather than help as a Blue, which is a shame since my character is so physically weak. I'd love to try another more physical based character if the servers are still active by the time I finish this play through.

Orayn

Red Liquorice said:
I did my first multiplayer games with mixed results. Out of 3 invasions I killed one host, only because the rock throwers in 2-1 caught him! It was actually quite funny we'd been back and forth on the bridge, and my soul arrows were giving him enough trouble that he kept his distance to heal, and as a lowly Thief, I couldn't get too close to his sword and armour combo. I ran through the rocks and turned around to see him splattered on the floor :D

I had more success as a Blue Phantom, it feels fun to team up, I helped the host and another Blue Phantom in 4-1 until the host died (arrow traps, doh!)

It seems easier to find players who to invade as Black rather than help as a Blue, which is a shame since my character is so physically weak. I'd love to try another more physical based character if the servers are still active by the time I finish this play through.
Atlus is rolling in the dough after Catherine, so another server extension would not surprise me at all. The announcement they made in December 2010 included a quip about how Atlus was more worried about running out of money, period, than running out of money to keep Demon's Souls online. Cross your fingers!

Argonis

Quick question:

Does the Morion Blade, Insanity Catalyst, Ring of Magical Sharpness, Clever Rat's Ring and Monk's Head Wrappings all stack?

Argonis said:
Quick question:

Does the Morion Blade, Insanity Catalyst, Ring of Magical Sharpness, Clever Rat's Ring and Monk's Head Wrappings all stack?
Morion Blade and Clever Rat certainly do, and I'm pretty sure the ring and head wrap stack as well. Not sure about the insanity catalyst but I wouldn't be surprised if it stacked also. What kind of spells are you looking to boost haha?

Played again today, used the lure strategy on one of the Blue Eyes and got them killed by the Dragon, killed the other one myself. Went in to fight the boss....

WTF?? I'm in a room surrounded by archers and with a fat flame magician? AND I have to fight this gigantic knight? Fucking hell. So I try my best to kill him but my attacks don't seem to do much damage at all so I got killed having barely damaged him at all. Might try my luck with some magic and see how that works

So then I went back to 1-1 and farmed Crescent Moon Grass and souls, this time I wondered if I killed the red dragon near the bridge beside the sleeping dragon would he stop showing up in 1-2? So I decided to go back and buy 200 arrows and just outside his range I started firing and doing between 9 and 14 dmg each hit. Took a little while but I eventually damaged him enough that he flew away. But it seems the one in 1-2 is a different dragon?? How convenient....

Ran further along and got the Purple Flame Shield. Also went over to the swinging tale and got the Strength Ring or whatever that increases my max equip burden.

So I then decided, screw it, time to take on the Red Eyes Knight and see how I measure up. Got killed at first but figured out an interesting strategy. With theif's ring equiped I can get close enough to launch a spell before he notices me. So I use soul arrow and he starts charging, I keep firing and after 3 hits I break his guard and do some good damage, he's almost dead but almost has me.

So I run away and he starts walking back with his back exposed, I try to hit him again but he notices me and starts charging. I run outside to the catapults and he follows me, I dodge his attack somehow, back away and keep hitting him with Soul Arrow. I killed him! Yes! My first Red Eyes Knight.

So I go past where he was on guard and I open the Mausoleum doors, a voice starts challenging me about the Kings Sword and obviously an enemy that is really strong there I have to beat. So I'm weary but decide to half try, hit him with soul arrow but very little damage, fire again and....he dodges? This guy can roll??

That is when I realized that this guy was on a different level to the enemies I've fought so far, I have no chance of winning and I understand it so I leg it and decide to come back when I'm stronger.

Made my way over to 4-1. Not too bad, but the flame spear enemies do allot of damage and have good range. Flame Toss seems to work well against these enemies. Found a Talisman so now I can use Miracles if I want, not sure if I will bother with them much but I'll wait and see how it turns out. Went past the shop lady and found a big troll thing with lots of HP. Decided to run upwards diagonal and used the terrain to my advantage, got to a space he couldn't get up but that I could fire down at him from above so I spammed him with magic till he died.

Got a bit further but got killed by some random flame spear enemy before I had a chance to heal.

Argonis

macuser1of5 said:
Morion Blade and Clever Rat certainly do, and I'm pretty sure the ring and head wrap stack as well. Not sure about the insanity catalyst but I wouldn't be surprised if it stacked also. What kind of spells are you looking to boost haha?

I'm on NG(5+) - Soul Level 283 - Magic @ 65.

I just want to see how much, or how quickly, I can kill the bosses using Soul Ray/Fireball/Fire spray.

Argonis said:
I'm on NG(5+) - Soul Level 283 - Magic @ 65.

I just want to see how much, or how quickly, I can kill the bosses using Soul Ray/Fireball/Fire spray.
Firestorm will be the best bet, since the larger bosses 'step' on multiple pillars at once. For general/pvp use, if you're going hypermode and high stat boosting, firespray is godly.

Argonis

macuser1of5 said:
Firestorm will be the best bet, since the larger bosses 'step' on multiple pillars at once. For general/pvp use, if you're going hypermode and high stat boosting, firespray is godly.

I think your right, plus with firestorm you have to get up close and personal. I think I'll go try it out in a little bit. Thanks!

So I decided to learn Soul Ray and holy shit this spell is strong. I also gave the red hot demon's soul to old Ed.

Now the other souls such as Hero's Soul etc... I've been saving most of them in case I can use them to forge weapons or learn spells, but I'm starting to think that's only boss souls. So should I just use all those souls to add to my soul stock?

Anyway seeing how strong Soul Ray was gave me an idea. So I killed the Red Eyes Knight with 2 direct hits from Soul Ray, damn that's cool. Equiped the ring of Magical...whatever the one that boosts magic attack and lowers defense.

So I can get one shot off on the Kings Guardian guy before he starts moving, but then if I run away he doesn't follow. So with Theif's Ring and Ring of Magical Sharpness equiped I fired soul ray, ran away, came back and rinse repeat. Once I got about 1/5 of his HP down I couldn't lock onto him anymore, I thought it was a bug.

As I slowly walked forward ready to dodge at any moment, the king starts speaking and telling me I impressed him and to take his sword. Got Demonbrandt! Awesome. Can't use it yet for a while though. Not bad for Soul Level 28, eh?

Also I've started rocking it two handed with a shield on my back, starting to like it. But if I have a shield equiped on my left arm does it increase my passive defense to physical attacks? And does that passive defense stay if I have the shield on my back? And if I have the shield on my back does it protect me from rear attacks?

Anyway I might try taking on the dragon in 1-2 now with a shitload of arrows and Soul Ray to get him off my back. Then off to fight the boss again.

Ryujin said:
Now the other souls such as Hero's Soul etc... I've been saving most of them in case I can use them to forge weapons or learn spells, but I'm starting to think that's only boss souls. So should I just use all those souls to add to my soul stock?
Yeah only boss souls / colorless souls are used for magic and weapons. unknown, storied, and legendary hero and soldier souls are just for getting more souls.

Wow a lot of new things occurred today. Witnessed a double KO as a host, I invaded someone's world just as someone else was too, 2 BP's.

And noticed Sasuke(i) is waiting on the first wall above even before you have PWWT. Neveer noticed that before, crazy!

What's the best use for the Yellow Demon's Soul? As a magic user I was thinking about the Insanity Catalyst, but taking 50% MP away is a big minus, so Homing Soul Arrow seems a better choice of all on offer.

Also used a Blue Stone in 3-2, says being summoned, then I get a cutscene and I'm a BP - Uh-oh! But I won really easily and got a funky hat :D

Ryujin said:
So I decided to learn Soul Ray and holy shit this spell is strong. I also gave the red hot demon's soul to old Ed.

Anyway seeing how strong Soul Ray was gave me an idea. So I killed the Red Eyes Knight with 2 direct hits from Soul Ray, damn that's cool. Equiped the ring of Magical...whatever the one that boosts magic attack and lowers defense.

So I can get one shot off on the Kings Guardian guy before he starts moving, but then if I run away he doesn't follow. So with Theif's Ring and Ring of Magical Sharpness equiped I fired soul ray, ran away, came back and rinse repeat. Once I got about 1/5 of his HP down I couldn't lock onto him anymore, I thought it was a bug.

As I slowly walked forward ready to dodge at any moment, the king starts speaking and telling me I impressed him and to take his sword. Got Demonbrandt! Awesome. Can't use it yet for a while though. Not bad for Soul Level 28, eh?

Also I've started rocking it two handed with a shield on my back, starting to like it. But if I have a shield equiped on my left arm does it increase my passive defense to physical attacks? And does that passive defense stay if I have the shield on my back? And if I have the shield on my back does it protect me from rear attacks?

Anyway I might try taking on the dragon in 1-2 now with a shitload of arrows and Soul Ray to get him off my back. Then off to fight the boss again.

Kill that guy for armor set.
Gotta play tomorrow, slacking too much ffs

JackSmithy said:
And noticed Sasuke(i) is waiting on the first wall above even before you have PWWT. Neveer noticed that before, crazy!
I have gotten sooo close (maybe 100 hp short >:/) to killing him with a hyper arrow. I might try a rotten arrow in the future. I just want to see what happens if he dies up there.

Ryujin said:
I did this with Soul Ray and a bunch of Fresh Spice to replenish MP. The method I used was to run to the end of the first bridge, and when the dragon swoops, use Soul Ray, then immediately target, since there is a short delay in casting the spell. Targeting, then casting usually resulted in missing since the dragon had already flown overhead.

So much less hassle to cross 1-2 once it's gone :)

Grinchy

Banned
You guys may already know this, but the 1-2 dragon is really easy to kill if you get Poison Cloud. All you do is stand at one of the towers and get him poisoned a couple times. You can't get hit and he will just die over time. It's another Sony opportunity to make a sandwich.

So I stored up a load of arrows, hid on the first tower and just kept shooting the red dragon in 1-2 until he eventually died. Went back to the nexus and used all my stored non-demon souls, had over 30,000 souls and upped my stats and learned a few spells.

Used the Ring of Strength to up my equip burden, equiped some heavier armour that had stronger physical defense, put a shield on my back and rocked 2-handed with a short sword. Returned to my real body and used Theif's ring as well. I figured otherwise the enemy archers/mage would wreck my day during the boss fight.

So while rocking two handed I went for his feet and then he falls over, MASSIVE damage to the torso. Just be good at dodging, have a lot of healing grass and rock two handed for max damage, smashed him in no time. Although I definitely felt the extra damage from not having the shield in my left arm.

And after killing him I realized you can run up the stairs, kill enemies and hide for safety/use ranged attacks. If I had realized this DURING the fight it would have been allot handier haha.

So I have his soul now, not sure if I should make a spell or try to make a weapon or something, I'll keep it till later. Damn I love this game. Also now that I'm rocking two handed the Blue Eyes are no hassle now, don't even let them hit me. I should have been doing this from a while ago.

I'm going to carefully choose how I switch between shield/two handed to use the best strategies. Also I never seem to try and parry any more, just seems like a waste considering you can probably kill most enemies with 2/3 hits anyway and the damage you would take just ruins it.

Might try becoming a parry master later with daggers/rapier but I'll see what happens.
Damn I love this game.

Nolimit_SS said:
Kill that guy for armor set.
Gotta play tomorrow, slacking too much ffs

I might try that with my soul ray/retreat strategy, only problem is I can't lock onto him until I attack him first to make him hostile. I'll try with arrows to get him angry then run away and soul ray, see if that works.

Ryujin said:
I might try that with my soul ray/retreat strategy, only problem is I can't lock onto him until I attack him first to make him hostile. I'll try with arrows to get him angry then run away and soul ray, see if that works.
You can 'hard aim' soul ray by setting your reticle with a bow and carefully switching to your wand, without adjusting your direction, and firing.

Bollocks

I'm really glad I choose the royality class with its magic, it's usually 1hit kill, whereas it takes me 2 with a sword and I'm exposed to enemy attacks, made my way through Stonefang tunnel on my first try now there's a giant fog wall and something big with red eyes behind it as far as I can see, don't know if I'm ready yet^^

Is there some way to make your spells stronger? Like you can upgrade a weapon but haven't found the same for magic, I can only learn new spells?!

Also the gate was open to Executioner Miranda, first time she took me by surprise, read about her but didn't know where she was located. So I died, went there again and she was nowhere to be found :/

Ryujin said:
You can also run up and hit him once to get him to follow you. He won't go agressive for a while, I think until he is down to 1/3 health then when he sees you he will be able to lockable.

Bollocks said:
I'm really glad I choose the royality class with its magic, it's usually 1hit kill, whereas it takes me 2 with a sword and I'm exposed to enemy attacks, made my way through Stonefang tunnel on my first try now there's a giant fog wall and something big with red eyes behind it as far as I can see, don't know if I'm ready yet^^

Is there some way to make your spells stronger? Like you can upgrade a weapon but haven't found the same for magic, I can only learn new spells?!

Also the gate was open to Executioner Miranda, first time she took me by surprise, read about her but didn't know where she was located. So I died, went there again and she was nowhere to be found :/
More magic stat = more magic damage. The newer spells are also a lot stronger as well.

Re Miralda, she probably rolled herself off the stairwell. It happens. You aren't missing much if your character is male.

cj_iwakura

I'm on my third 'get the rest of the trophies' run, which means I need to kill BP Selen and Garl. Not looking forward to that.

Also, I sniped Astraea this time, and Garl was still there waiting afterward. Go figure.
(And he ruined my PWWT by killing me right after I revived from killing her.)

oracrest

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
...it makes me wish I could go back and play the game again for the first time and have everything be new.

This is the essence of the game, and the reason it is so brilliant.

To play through a first time, and know nothing, you will LEARN enough to have a solid, balanced playthrough. Then, on return to it, you will have curiosities and things you picked up on to make NG+ more than just a second run, but a fresh experience in many ways. And that could go on over and over.

9, 10, however many playthroughs in, to still be engaging in new content is simply amazing.

Hell, after my first SL1 playthrough, playing online with Canova was when I first discovered that a
shortcut from the end of 5-2, to the start even existed, haha

Incredible, incredible game design...

cj_iwakura

macuser1of5 said:
Thankfully, Rydell runs out of mana after a bit of time. :D

I managed to snipe Selen while she was trying to heal, from the rafters. It was pretty crazy.

I wonder if I can kill Rydell and still go after the Primeval in one go. I hate that warping back reverts the WT to neutral.

The easiest way would be to kill him, get his loot, and roll off the ledge to die. This way you don't have to crawl back through the entirety of 2.2 to get to 2.1.

oracrest

cj_iwakura said:
I wonder if I can kill Rydell and still go after the Primeval in one go. I hate that warping back reverts the WT to neutral.

You can, you have to start with Rydell, and then move on the the demon in order to do it. world 3 is the only one where you can't go back to the first area without going through the Nexus first.

cj_iwakura

oracrest said:
You can, you have to start with Rydell, and then move on the the demon in order to do it. world 3 is the only one where you can't go back to the first area without going through the Nexus first.

You can't get from 2-1 to 2-2 after killing Fool's Idol though, at least not to my knowledge.

I went after the demon first. Time to die some more!

Tdog987

macuser1of5 said:
Yeah you're probably not going to kill anyone doing, what, 90 dmg a hit or whatever it ends up being? :p The other problem with using a spear as an offensive weapon is the complete lack of attack arc or hitstun (it might exist, but I've never been caught in hitstun by a spear). No offense, but when I see a host with a shield and spear I laugh a bit :p

Ideally, you want to do at a minimum, 250-350 a hit (weapon depending), at that level range. Given your stats, I would build a Crushing weapon of some kind in the long-term, probably a claymore, since the attack arc is pretty wide along with the hugely annoying hitbox (those who know, know lol). You could also quickly make a Meat Cleaver just so you can see the potential of the larger weapons vs a spear. Regarding the shield, I would just use it on your back and 2h whatever weapon you end up using. Blocking is going to hurt you unless you have something that is particularly strong against ranged magic.

I wouldn't bother with the stamina ring personally, since your armor isn't stamina reducing. If you stick to a crushing weapon and don't use the shield you won't give off an aura, so using a thief ring would be tactically advantageous.

Don't bother with anything but area-effect spells (poison/acid/death), since they aren't dependent on stats for damage. I would drop soul arrow and flame toss and use death cloud in combination with acid cloud. Acid cloud will scare people away if you need a breather, while death cloud will let you track people through the level as their health ticks away (also exposes cloaked characters), is more annoying that poison, and will either make people recklessly aggressive or needlessly defensive. Also, the area effect will hit multiple people at once. Practice dropping them without locking on to anything so you get a feel for where they end up. I get a lot of people behind doors/below me/etc this way.

Dodging and spacing are much more important that quickly timed blocking. I haven't used a shield in this game in the last 1.5 years.

Thanks. I'll go with the Claymore.

Tdog987

Question about upgrading weapons...

Lets say I want to upgrade my Morning Star +3 to a Dragon Morning Star +1...from reading the wiki...I have a Morning Star +3 and the 4 dragon stone shards to upgrade, but I don't see a choice to upgrade to that.

How do I upgrade to that?

I'm taking it to Blacksmith Boldwin btw.

Top Bottom