• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki: Winning Eleven 8 first week sales numbers, etc.

Socreges

Banned
Konami should have included online play. That would have made up for the loss.

[edit] Hm, Konami suspects they'll sell 1.5 million copies of WE8 (for whatever reason). I wonder if it's just a fluke launch or a lack of interest this year.

Meier

Socreges said:
Konami should have included online play. That would have made up for the loss.

[edit] Hm, Konami suspects they'll sell 1.5 million copies of WE8 (for whatever reason). I wonder if it's just a fluke launch or a lack of interest this year.

I imagine they expect there will be some added interest with the Olympics. The babelfish translation mentioned something about Athenian such and such in it. I think 1.5 million is out of reach though for this version -- I fully expect it to do about the same as 7 and top off around 1.15 million.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"extra boos"

ha - the unintentional comedy given the fact that everyone in China boo'ed every time a japanese player touched a ball through out the competition....

Miburou

I wonder if the slowdown might have given some gamers second thoughts, and made them wait for the International version, instead?

cvxfreak

DCharlie said:
"extra boos"

ha - the unintentional comedy given the fact that everyone in China boo'ed every time a japanese player touched a ball through out the competition....

Don't remind me. XD

cvxfreak

Miburou said:
I wonder if the slowdown might have given some gamers second thoughts, and made them wait for the International version, instead?

I think that'd be the practical thing to do. Winning Eleven 7 International was already great, do they need another one this soon? If I were interested in the series I'd stick to waiting for INT versions.

Socreges

Banned
Miburou said:
It's sad to say, but I think the slowdown is just that bad. Insofar as it would actually prevent people from buying the game. Fucking Konami. Oh well. Game still rox.

Top Bottom