• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 3 Reportedly Cancelled

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It'll be interesting to see what Bungie has on it's plate if D3 is truly cancelled and Sony took on a bunch of Bungie employees to make a new game.

Right now it's still Destiny 2 and Marathon. If all they got is Marathon in the hopper and it bombs, then what?

Then there'll be lots and lots of people fired, because you don't need 850 people working on Destiny 2 and Marathon.

Sony made a terrible, very costly mistake buying Bungie for $3.6 billion. What a waste of money if all they got out of this purchase money was a dead franchise, a remake and one single new game that's now entering full development.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This...This was a terrible buy. I don't know what Sony was thinking but this was a bad buy imo and it's all buggered

Last edited:
To this point I'm still trying to understand the purpose of this acquisition for both parts involved.

Confused What The GIF by Sesame Street
'to this point'? it never made sense to me from day 1. if you're gonna acquire bungie, at that price, you do it somewhere between destiny 1 & destiny 2. anything else? at that price? moronic...

Last edited:

Mythoclast

I smell BS. Parson’s letter mentioned they are now focusing EXCLUSIVELY on Destiny and Marathon. If anything this confirms D3 will come at some point.

Nydius

Destiny 1 started well
Sarcasm?

Because vanilla Destiny 1 was such a mess it almost sunk. It took The Taken King expansion to right the ship for the rest of the game’s history. Much like it took Forsaken to fix vanilla Destiny 2.

Saber

Probably being cancelled for them to use resources creating 2 GaaS Horizon games and 3 Horizon remasters, because we probably haven't got enought of Horizon, the best Sony IP according to Hermen.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Destiny was second fiddle to other games for whatever reasons and in a sense it’s good for Bungie who can still do something.

Muffdraul

Wake me up when they announce Bungie is making a new game with a proper solo campaign.

FUCK YOU for leaving me out in the cold for the last 10 years, Bungie. Assholes.

sendit

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Good.

Absolutely loved D1, it was peak shooter with The Taken King.
Destiny 2 was meh and it's easy to see why Activision broke the deal.

Let it die, start something fresh and don't let em fuck up again.

Raven117

Im not sure I believe this. Or its some sort of semantics.

Its like...the only thing that is making Bungie money.

Last edited:
I thought they were shelving Destiny for a while anyway, to focus on Marathon. Which felt like a logical step forward after Destiny, until those prats started talking about hero characters. Hopefully that us given a stern look.

Last edited:

nashman

Herman hulst cancels D3. Putting all their eggs in the Marathon basket. A little sketchy, what if it Concords???

To Bungies credit thou they usually do just work on a single IP. Let’s see if they still got it!

Destiny 2 is fucking infuriating with its bloat. Because the base game is so damn good. In regards to Marathon, their content strategy honestly worries me more than the hero aspect

Top Bottom