• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Dante316

Had close crota runs but alas couldn't do it, will probably try tomorrow or if I see another team fighting him. Will do nightfall tomorrow as well.

Had close crota runs but alas couldn't do it, will probably try tomorrow or if I see another team fighting him. Anybody up for Nightfall?

We just did it in 4 attempts. The last one took maybe 5 minutes. Having a level 32 helped a lot but damn that fight was easier than hell.

Damm, sorry Kayo I got stuck in trying to conecct to the party chat even I restarted the console with no result, I guess Crota hate me for that and gave me shards =(

hydruxo

After the holidays I hope Bungie addresses the glimmer situation we have right now. If they're going to make us spend 7k for exotic upgrades and 11k for Iron Banner gear, they need to 1) raise the glimmer cap 2) give us new opportunities to gain glimmer other than grinding the same shit.

We shouldn't have to do Exclusion Zone and Gatekeeper checkpoints over and over again to get glimmer.

E92 M3

I am expecting in Hard mode that every time Crota kneels there will be an Oversoul. Or an Oversoul every few minutes or something. Either way, the Oversoul will be utilized much more in Hard mode.

All I need is a higher glimmer cap and more vault space.

basically confirmed by DeeJ in the update, referencing "things we've been asking about". I'm sure they're going to be all gung ho about it too even though it's a no brainer. Wouldn't be the first time I saw an MMO intentionally set an unrealistically low cap to introduce it as a "feature" somewhere down the line, but whatever.

Not enough dedicated buttons on the controller. How about moving that crap to a submenu and doing something useful like binding Ammo Synth to the D-pad.

eh, it makes sense, but i'd rather they find a way to optimize the load time for the menus and take off the shared cool down. or maybe they can use the touchpad menu as a shortcut (if it doesn't conflict with the voice controls).

emotes aren't that important, but moving them from d-pad would make my screenshot endeavors a lot harder.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Adding in more pre-existing gimmicks to artificially increase difficulty is not what I'm looking for. *sigh* Hard Mode is going to suck if this is the case.

E92 M3

Adding in more pre-existing gimmicks to artificially increase difficulty is not what I'm looking for. *sigh* Hard Mode is going to suck if this is the case.

What do you mean by gimmicks? In the raid armor there is a perk directly relating to the oversoul; doubt it's there for no reason. Hard mode, if like VOG, will just require more team work and strategy.

--

Hawk do you stream anymore?

We shouldn't have to do Exclusion Zone and Gatekeeper checkpoints over and over again to get glimmer.

Careful what you wish for. They might just nerf those area's to "reduce difficulty of encounter" so you have even less efficient options for glimmer.

I think the Exotic and IB gear just needs to come down in glimmer costs about 30-50% and we have a good balance. In an ideal world, we just consume our glimmer buff for Strikes or Dailies and get a good steady feed doing our normal activities instead of having to setup special Glimmer Farming runs. It has just replaced destination mat farming as the onerous and necessary boring grind. They fixed the former, now they just need to fix the latter.

shem935

Banned
The new grind is how many times I needed to press x to log onto destiny. Upwards of a hundred times I would say. Curse you bungie!

eh, it makes sense, but i'd rather they find a way to optimize the load time for the menus and take off the shared cool down. or maybe they can use the touchpad menu as a shortcut (if it doesn't conflict with the voice controls).

emotes aren't that important, but moving them from d-pad would make my screenshot endeavors a lot harder.

Like suggested earlier, just move them to a context menu. Hold down one button and offer a list of several more for the emotes.

They could do something similar to Dark Souls, where there is a dedicated button for consumable, and you can put up to 10 items in that slot and just cycle through them with a single D-pad button. Since consumables are used frequently, but not so much that they all need dedicated buttons, this would work well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well fucking hell. i just got home is it even worth trying at the moment? Anyone logged in in the lat 15 minutes?

Like suggested earlier, just move them to a context menu. Hold down one button and offer a list of several more for the emotes.

They could do something similar to Dark Souls, where there is a dedicated button for consumable, and you can put up to 10 items in that slot and just cycle through them with a single D-pad button. Since consumables are used frequently, but not so much that they all need dedicated buttons, this would work well.

yea i can see that working really well. press touchpad and maybe circle brings up a consumable menu. i heard the inventory menu is really laggy on last gen so they have it worse.

i'd also like an option to reorganize items in my inventory, or at least have them automatically organized by importance. it organizes by "most recent", which is kinda annoying when the consumables move around.

Namikaze1

mxmb.gif

Have a wonderful Christmas day, DestinyGAF. I'm heading off to bed since PSN is still having problems.

Iirc it only measures the time since your last "fun" drop (whatever the fuck that means). It doesn't actually try to be smart about duplicates or anything.

Shouldn't all drops be "fun"? What a weird way to word that statement

Well fucking hell. i just got home is it even worth trying at the moment? Anyone logged in in the lat 15 minutes?

Wasn't psn down last xmas as well? Fucking aye

phen0m24

Am typically a pretty peaceful person but am thinking disturbingly evil thoughts about these hacker idiots about now. All these people buying consoles for tomorrow...

Grrr

Top Bottom