• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Where? I have a hard time believing they would choose what they have. Sunbreakers were on sale for three straight weeks. Heart of Praxxic Fire hasn't been sold yet. If Bungie really does control what he sells, they are seriously playing mind games with their audience and that is deplorable.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/81026799/0/0

Deej and other Bungie employees were streaming Crucible on Twitch and talked about how Xur wasn't random but didn't elaborate much further. Initially the stream was archived and you could still watch it on Twitch.

Bungie has since gone back and deleted the video after that forum post was made, so feel free to make your own conclusions from that.

Edit: also, Xur sold GHorn the 2nd week, not the 1st. I knew plenty of people with enough SCoins to buy it but most of them said "you want to save your exotic spot for a primary since you can only have one, not waste it on a heavy" haha

FyreWulff

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/81026799/0/0

Deej and other Bungie employees were streaming Crucible on Twitch and talked about how Xur wasn't random but didn't elaborate much further. Initially the stream was archived and you could still watch it on Twitch.

Bungie has since gone back and deleted the video after that forum post was made, so feel free to make your own conclusions from that.

Edit: also, Xur sold GHorn the 2nd week, not the 1st. I knew plenty of people with enough SCoins to buy it but most of them said "you want to save your exotic spot for a primary since you can only have one, not waste it on a heavy" haha

Broadcasts ( /b/ in the URL) now autodelete after a certain period of time

Highlights/Clips ( /c/ ) don't.

I am one of those that hope Xur stops selling exotics.

Gjallarhorn is awesome, I got it from a nighfall way back. its my go to exotic in every situation and I am super happy we got the upgrade today.

Sad to see that we DIDNT GET a christmas gift..

Broadcasts ( /b/ in the URL) now autodelete after a certain period of time

Highlights/Clips ( /c/ ) don't.

Ah, that's cool, I'm sure that's true if you are saying that's how it works. Just strange that the page says "The page could not be found, or has been deleted by its owner." Obviously the page can be found which only left "deleted by its owner" as an option. Strange that it wouldn't say something about being auto-deleted instead.

Doesn't matter too much either way for the "xur not being random" discussion though.

FyreWulff

Ah, that's cool, I'm sure that's true if you are saying that's how it works. Just strange that the page says "The page could not be found, or has been deleted by its owner." Obviously the page can be found which only left "deleted by its owner" as an option. Strange that it wouldn't say something about being auto-deleted instead.

Doesn't matter too much either way for the "xur not being random" discussion though.

There was actually a huge kerfluffle over them doing that recently. Used to be everything saved forever. Happened at about the same time they got bought.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/

I think Xur's selection is part random and part Bungie's doing.

I think it's initially random and then Bungie reviews it and decides if the selection is satisfactory to them. They see Gjallarhorn and praxic fire and immediately roll the dice again on those two items. Once it comes up on something they deem acceptable then they trot Xûr out.

I wanna believe it's like this because I just can't fathom any reason that Bungie would want to sell armamentarium again.

Though this method sounds almost just as fucked as them just straight up choosing voidfang for the billionth time.

FUCKING BALLERHORN!! WOW Now just got to farm glimmer

Congrats! That is awesome, you deserve it as much as anyone. More GHorns in the reset-raid group, the better!

I GOT VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX

OVER 40 CLEARS I FINALLY GOT A VEX!!!!

lol ditto to you (although 40 clears is pretty n00by, haha)

There was actually a huge kerfluffle over them doing that recently. Used to be everything saved forever. Happened at about the same time they got bought.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/

Hmm yeah that is interesting, my understanding was exactly what you said: that they were supposed to be saved permanently. I used to spend more time on Twitch but haven't been there for a while, thanks for the info.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OMFG!

Hawkmoon #2
oC84ynX.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Now do I upgrade 2 Hawkmoons? or shard 1fully maxed to net me 2 extra exotic shards
No reason to have 2

Ok so Vog hard again. We have 3, who's up for it? Starting from Gorgons.

Damnit, I should have brought my PS4 on vacation just so I could get in on some of this action. Hate missing out on good VoG runs ;_;

Now do I upgrade 2 Hawkmoons? or shard 1fully maxed to net me 2 extra exotic shards
No reason to have 2

Definitely don't upgrade them both. Only reason to have 2 is to keep one maxed then upgrade the other when they pull this shit for House of Wolves. That way you always have one with the perks for Crucible, etc.

Fitts

Oh cool. So some are able to jump on PSN fine now? Or is there some trick to it?

It's still down for me. (Rochester, NY)

Zakalwe

Banned
Selling exotics is stupid, sure. But then again so are random loot drops.

I've done raids over 40 times now on both normal and hard and I've done Nightfalls every week but I haven't seen one Ghorn. Yet random guy x goes 0.3 K/D in crucible and gets one. Surely you can see why people are irritated.

Seen just as many higher ranking players get exotics as lower.

Rixa

Damnit, I should have brought my PS4 on vacation just so I could get in on some of this action. Hate missing out on good VoG runs ;_;

Your first HM thingie would be to try log in to Destiny. Atleast in EU we cant log in :(.
I dont have much time to play, but plan was to get 1st chest from Crotas End for my 3rd char. Oh well, maybe later today (when back in home with glass of wine & beer).

One of our cats wishes merry christmas to everyone:

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Just finished Crota's End in under an hour - about to start another fresh run on it. Have room for 2, anyone 30+ with a mic want in?

Top Bottom