• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have plenty of shards so that isn't a problem, but you're prob right as far as wasting the glimmer tho. I just hate seeing the exotic bounty waste my slots : (

C'mon Son, 1 slot taken away from 10 isn't a huge burden

All 3 of my chars have multiple exotics running

Warlock has 4: Bad Juju, Thorn, Invective, and 1 Mission that can't be opened because it's the same mission that I'm already an doing lol

Titan has 3: Bad Juju, Invective, Thorn

Hunter has 2: Thorn, Invective

I still manage my Eris + Vanguard +Crucible bounties daily

GraveRobberX

I'd rather get NLB from a chest/drop rather than purchase it
Why waste 17 Coins for it, to add +5 to my Grimoire score...

Whenever I get it, +5 added to Grim score, max it out xp wise, dismantle for 2 exotic shards

Also I take back everything I said about Dragon's breath, holy shit is it a beast
Tried it out in Crucible, people ran through the Solar Flare and got WREKT!
Also great Equalizer if enemy trying to capture zone, such an amazing deterrent
Gets you Postmortem kills too!

And I can't log in. Pretty salty about this. I just wanted to buy that terrible sniper and upgrade my hawkmoon (it is available for upgrade, right?). I have to fit Destiny into my schedule over the holidays, would be nice if PSN would actually work.

GraveRobberX

And I can't log in. Pretty salty about this. I just wanted to buy that terrible sniper and upgrade my hawkmoon (it is available for upgrade, right?). I have to fit Destiny into my schedule over the holidays, would be nice if PSN would actually work.

Yeah Hawkmoon is available, you have till 4AM Sunday morning, don't fret

For people that cant log on.

This worked for me yesterday and today.

Log out of PSN, log in again, if you cant, keep spamming login until you can.

Once you are in, go to destiny, keep spamming login until you get in.

Took me 10 tries to login to PSN and around 10-15 times to login to destiny

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Whenever I get it, +5 added to Grim score, max it out xp wise, dismantle for 2 exotic shards

Also I take back everything I said about Dragon's breath, holy shit is it a beast
Hmm, I should max it out then.

Shito

So No Land Beyond is useless, right?
Got it Tuesday from the first CE chest: seems useless yeah.
I will upgrade it up to the precision damage perk, though, to see if it helps make it a bit better or not. My take on the weapon is that it's supposed to be doing crazy damage with precision shots, with the drawback of being hard to handle. I'm quite pessimistic this perk will make the weapon any good though...

Sofa King

No Gjallarhorn for Christmas ;(

Maybe it's time to move on. I've put in way too much time in this game to not have that gun. It is literally the only thing I want besides raid gear. My time is better spent playing something else and then popping back in to buy it if they ever sell the damn thing before the next DLC.

wbarreda

Hey Destiny-GAF,

Anybody up for the weekly Strike, right now? I’m doing “A Request From Ikorra” bounty now and the only thing I need to do is a weekly thing. No mic needed, rank doesn’t matter, and it’s on the XB1.

Add me: TheOddOne187.

Thanks!

Still need a partner?

Jinjo

For people that cant log on.

This worked for me yesterday and today.

Log out of PSN, log in again, if you cant, keep spamming login until you can.

Once you are in, go to destiny, keep spamming login until you get in.

Took me 10 tries to login to PSN and around 10-15 times to login to destiny

I have been stuck at the first step for two hours now.

GraveRobberX

Old NF Cycle
XHNYMPJ.png

Sponge Bob Valus with no Elemental Modifiers =/ next week
Then Winter's Run w/ Arc
Then I think they will place the Omnigul Strike again here right after Winter's Run, before The Devil's Lair
(Hope it has an elemental, hoping for Solar!)

Steroyd

Doesn't need to be maxed, got my universal remote past the 2nd unique perk and still gave me 2 shards, trying to find out what the absolute minimum is.

Deku Tree

Last time I saw your vault you had over 250 strange coins... That's basically infinite strange coins as far as Destiny is concerned. "Waste them?"

shem935

Banned
The Gallahorn and hawkmoon upgrade will make some people very happy. Better than nothing, and certainly better than no land beyond.

Deku Tree

Destiny seems to be cooperating on PS3.
It is installing another update now.
Maybe I can actually get some grinding done this morning on PS3 If I don't get another "boar".

k1t4j

Does anyone still need nightfall and weekly?

I just got my fresh warlock to 27 and wanted to try my luck with him

On PSN

Is it me or does buying upgraded armor outright feels like a cheaper option than upgrading it? For eg..

Symbiote upgrade = Old Symbiote + 2 exotic shards (1 to max out later) + 7000 glimmer
Symbiote purchase = 13 coins and you can dismantle old one for shard.

So 13 coins vs 2 shards (or 14 coins) and 7k glimmer, or am I missing something?

Alucrid

Banned
Destiny seems to be cooperating on PS3.
It is installing another update now.
Maybe I can actually get some grinding done this morning on PS3 If I don't get another "boar".
I'm going to be pissed if I have to go buy destiny for ps3 to upgrade my gjallarhorn

SharkJAW

Is it me or does buying upgraded armor outright feels like a cheaper option than upgrading it? For eg..

Symbiote upgrade = Old Symbiote + 2 exotic shards (1 to max out later) + 7000 glimmer
Symbiote purchase = 13 coins and you can dismantle old one for shard.

So 13 coins vs 2 shards (or 14 coins) and 7k glimmer, or am I missing something?
Nope, you got it right.

GraveRobberX

Last time I saw your vault you had over 250 strange coins... That's basically infinite strange coins as far as Destiny is concerned. "Waste them?"

Yeah, but it isn't a necessary exotic, hell it's not even a Transmogrification item that could be Tower gear to show off as a cool piece

I know I have a stockpile amassed, but I don't just burn through them on willy-nilly
I do take my time to see what I think fits my role and for which classes
People want to max 3 Fatebringers and have them on each char, so no swapping, I understand, to me though that is just a waste of 42 Ascendant Energies

I max out things I use and do use daily
Not gonna go out of my way to have 3 maxed Godhorns, why drop 2 more exotic shards into them, when I can net myself 4 extra by dismantling them...

Shit after XP'ing out stuff by next week
I'll have 5 Invective, 2 Bad Juju, 2 Thorns, Universal Remote, Hawkmoon, maxed and dismantled
That's an extra 22 Exotic Shards coming my way, saving me roughly 154 Strange Coins...
(Yes I'm crazy like that)

Right now I have 272 Strange Coins, still need to do 2 weeklies, so another 18 coming, taking me to 290

Only weapons getting Triple maxed so far for all 3 chars are Eidolo Ally (Nechrochasm for all 3 chars when I earn 3 Cruxs) and Murmur due to swap elemental abilties

Primary:
My Warlock is Scout Rifle/Assault Rifle
My Titan is Assault/Pulse Rifle
My Hunter is Hand Cannon/Scout Rifle

graverobber can buy no land beyond for a full tower and still have enough to buy the xur weapon next week.

I'm not giving lump of coals and get scorned for giving such an awful present

Top Bottom