• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Alucrid

Banned
Is it me or does buying upgraded armor outright feels like a cheaper option than upgrading it? For eg..

Symbiote upgrade = Old Symbiote + 2 exotic shards (1 to max out later) + 7000 glimmer
Symbiote purchase = 13 coins and you can dismantle old one for shard.

So 13 coins vs 2 shards (or 14 coins) and 7k glimmer, or am I missing something?
Yep.the only advantage is a slight xp boost and the fact that Xur has more upgrades than items for sale. It's best to buy items when you can.

Is it me or does buying upgraded armor outright feels like a cheaper option than upgrading it? For eg..

Symbiote upgrade = Old Symbiote + 2 exotic shards (1 to max out later) + 7000 glimmer
Symbiote purchase = 13 coins and you can dismantle old one for shard.

So 13 coins vs 2 shards (or 14 coins) and 7k glimmer, or am I missing something?

Well, yes. Its the same for weapons.

The thing is you will have a lot of upgrade options and just one purchase option.

If you dont wanna wait, you upgrade it.

X-Frame

Welp no point moping about things I have no control over.
I guess I'll walk to the gym today and also spend some extra time there.

Gotta get back some of them real life gainz!

I'm excited about the Saint-14 and Ballerhorn upgrades. Hopefully Destiny will be restored soon.

BokehKing

Banned
No Gjallarhorn for Christmas ;(

Maybe it's time to move on. I've put in way too much time in this game to not have that gun. It is literally the only thing I want besides raid gear. My time is better spent playing something else and then popping back in to buy it if they ever sell the damn thing before the next DLC.
I feel bad reading stuff like this, got one in the chest before the gorgons in VoG and got the upgraded one in the first CE chest with my level 27 hunter dying over and over just waiting for the chest to spawn

I won't lie, I prefer the hezen Lord and wish I can upgrade that instead

If I could I would give it away to you

Yeah, but it isn't a necessary exotic, hell it's not even a Transmogrification item that could be Tower gear to show off as a cool piece

I know I have a stockpile amassed, but I don't just burn through them on willy-nilly
I do take my time to see what I think fits my role and for which classes
People want to max 3 Fatebringers and have them on each char, so no swapping, I understand, to me though that is just a waste of 42 Ascendant Energies

I max out things I use and do use daily
Not gonna go out of my way to have 3 maxed Godhorns, why drop 2 more exotic shards into them, when I can net myself 4 extra by dismantling them...

Shit after XP'ing out stuff by next week
I'll have 5 Invective, 2 Bad Juju, 2 Thorns, Universal Remote, Hawkmoon, maxed and dismantled
That's an extra 22 Exotic Shards coming my way, saving me roughly 154 Strange Coins...
(Yes I'm crazy like that)

Right now I have 272 Strange Coins, still need to do 2 weeklies, so another 18 coming, taking me to 290

Only weapons getting Triple maxed so far for all 3 chars are Eidolo Ally (Nechrochasm for all 3 chars when I earn 3 Cruxs) and Murmur due to swap elemental abilties

Primary:
My Warlock is Scout Rifle/Assault Rifle
My Titan is Assault/Pulse Rifle
My Hunter is Hand Cannon/Scout Rifle

I'm not giving lump of coals and get scorned for giving such an awful present

I'm at 65 coins, and I'm buying NLB just to have it. My thoughts are you never know when an exotic will get a buff, so might as well get it while I can.

Deku Tree

Now PS3 version says I do not own TDB. Can't buy NLB.
I bought digital guardian edition on PS3.
What do I do to fix it?

Edit: oh I had to download an unlock file.

Shito

I will only consider getting the PS3 version if things are still not sorted out by the end of next week... I need my CE solo cheese. :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm at 65 coins, and I'm buying NLB just to have it. My thoughts are you never know when an exotic will get a buff, so might as well get it while I can.

That fucking thing needs an Ultra Buff, it has no redeeming qualities for me
Just looking at that NF video and the molasses bolt action turned me the fuck off

Save 17 Strange Coins, don't lose an exotic shard, if I ever earn it through a drop, max, dismantle, net me 2 Exotic shards & +5 to Grimoire score =D

k1t4j

Does anyone still need nightfall and weekly?

I just got my fresh warlock to 27 and wanted to try my luck with him

On PSN

For new page, i have a 31 hunter with full Void load out wouldn't take long.

At least just the nightfall :p

Manp

Bungie does what Bungie wants. They have our money already and they couldn't care less now - or at least it certainly feels like this at times unfortunatly.

I have given up trying to connect again, will try later to see if any joy.

if they proved anything with their "we're listening" is that they don't give a shit :|

So what's the lowest light level you need to get into Crota's End. I just got my Titan to 26 and was thinking of grabbing the first chest. I'm assuming it's 29 right?

Fucking Xur. Worst week ever. (Not including godhorn + hawkmoon upgrades) for me anyway.

Can anyone even log onto PSN? I'm just can't be bothered anymore

Shito

That fucking thing needs an Ultra Buff, it has no redeeming qualities for me
Just looking at that NF video and the molasses bolt action turned me the fuck off
When it comes to using it, my main beef comes from that awful iron sight: shit is so hard to use and get criticals with...

Shito

So what's the lowest light level you need to get into Crota's End. I just got my Titan to 26 and was thinking of grabbing the first chest. I'm assuming it's 29 right?
You can solo it from 27.
No need to be 30. I started soloing that chest at 28, and seen videos of people doing it with a 27 character.

Omg no horn. Selling the upgrade so the rich get richer lol.

Well that's some bullshit right there. I really wanted to run the VOG last night and try for a 1.0 just in case they offered the upgrade. That didn't work out.

At least I got GTAV for Xmas. Having a blast, and just wishing Bungie and R* would collaborate. R*'s worlds with Bungie's shooting would be the perfect game.

Is no land beyond sniper good? Being able to equip in primary slot isn't that useful is it?

It's the worst sniper rifle in the game. Imagine that and no primary weapon to pick up the slack. You might even find yourself equipping it and an actual good sniper and finally coming to the realisation, "What the fuck am I doing?"

Buy it

jk don't

Defuser

Is no land beyond sniper good? Being able to equip in primary slot isn't that useful is it?

It's a bolt action sniper rifle with slowass bolt action and perks. Utterly worthless in PVE but viable in PVP if you're good at landing headshots.
In other words..... Universal remote > No Land Beyond.\

But I'm gonna buy it if I can log in Destiny lol.

I still cannot get on PSN.

This is ridiculous. I could have been playing again since 9pm last night. It's not been 3 days since I played.

2 days of Eris bounties I logged on just to grab and put in my inventory. Couldn't get on yesterday so I wasn't able to complete the old and grab the new.

Haven't been to Xur.

This is fucked.

Is no land beyond worth using? Currently have no exotic weapons or armour, only piece of armour I need right now is a helm,then once upgraded I will be 30. I'm a Titan so no helm at xur this week. Sitting on 26 strange coins, 27 motes of light, 108 vanguard marks and a commendation waiting for Tuesday reset to get 12 more marks and purchase the helm from the vanguard handler.

Is no land beyond worth using? Currently have no exotic weapons or armour, only piece of armour I need right now is a helm,then once upgraded I will be 30. I'm a Titan so no helm at xur this week. Sitting on 26 strange coins, 27 motes of light, 108 vanguard marks and a commendation waiting for Tuesday reset to get 12 more marks and purchase the helm from the vanguard handler.

It is the worst first exotic you could get. Takes a lot of time and practice to use it right. Not worth the exotic slot.

Deku Tree

I still cannot get on PSN.

This is ridiculous. I could have been playing again since 9pm last night. It's not been 3 days since I played.

2 days of Eris bounties I logged on just to grab and put in my inventory. Couldn't get on yesterday so I wasn't able to complete the old and grab the new.

Haven't been to Xur.

This is fucked.

Got a PS3 and the PS3 version including TDB?

Got a PS3 and the PS3 version including TDB?

I saw your posts. I have a PS3 but not that version of the game. Got the PS4 Ghost Edition.

The digital deal for cross buy was nice at launch.

I guess the trial wouldn't work...

So for those who were online at 4am EST when I checked here and tried to log on for Xur, are you still on?

Truphenom

C'mon Son, 1 slot taken away from 10 isn't a huge burden

All 3 of my chars have multiple exotics running

Warlock has 4: Bad Juju, Thorn, Invective, and 1 Mission that can't be opened because it's the same mission that I'm already an doing lol

Titan has 3: Bad Juju, Invective, Thorn

Hunter has 2: Thorn, Invective

I still manage my Eris + Vanguard +Crucible bounties daily

Yea, at this point the bounty shows up daily since i cash in all bounties at once. Guess I'll just grind it out instead of wasting the glimmer. Need it all for the ghorns anyway I guess

I still can't believe Xur is selling the worst exotic in the game on Christmas. I guess I should have expected that.

It's a kick in the teeth since the screen they used that showed how Xurs new inventory would work for upgrades in one of the weekly updates had Dragons Breath for sale.

Bungie seriously better extend Xur if this keeps up.

It is completely unfair if we cannot use Xur this weekend. I need that Hawkmoon upgrade!!!!!!!

Top Bottom