• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

It's a slow bolt action sniper rifle that takes a primary weapon slot. It is slow and the reload is as well. The iron sights are really odd to use. If you can get the timing right, it provides a short range 1 shot kill to the head.

But that is not easily done.
Alright no problem, appreciate it. Knew nothing about it so I'm glad I checked. Guess my coins will build up for another week then.

If we do not see these connection issues ending by the end of today then we should all be Tweeting and posting here and in gaming to extend Xur and make up for lost Eris rep and bounties.

This is bulkshit.

Hawkmoon upgrade is a big deal and for those with old Gjallerhorns that is too.

Bungie come on!

Sullichin

Great, now the chore of farming glimmer to upgrade Hawkmoon. Actually got on PSN but turned the game off in frustration. So mad he's selling GH upgrade before selling it again.

gdt

Keep trying to sign into PSN from the options....that's the trick that apparently works right?

This is monumental horeshit. I just wanna upgrade my Ghorn.

phen0m24

Great, now the chore of farming glimmer to upgrade Hawkmoon. Actually got on PSN but turned the game off in frustration.
Dang Sulli an hour ago rawr and I were trying to glimmer farm the gatekeepers by ourselves (Edit: on hard mode) and it sucked. We went to the Hive Room under earth instead. With a third we could have done the gatekeepers easier. :(

I've been logged in since 3:45. My son was able to switch characters and I am guessing we're not logging off anytime soon. Sorry guys. Sucks that it's still acting up.

I still cannot get on PSN.

This is ridiculous. I could have been playing again since 9pm last night. It's not been 3 days since I played.

2 days of Eris bounties I logged on just to grab and put in my inventory. Couldn't get on yesterday so I wasn't able to complete the old and grab the new.

Haven't been to Xur.

This is fucked.
I hear ya. I am very disappointed with PSN for a myriad of reasons, and this whole two-day fiasco is just icing on the cake. Wasn't PSN down last Christmas, as well?

Bloomberg is reporting on the issue, so it's definitely going to get a lot of coverage. As it should. Especially following the Sony Pictures hack, I hope this really motivates Sony to step it up.

If we do not see these connection issues ending by the end of today then we should all be Tweeting and posting here and in gaming to extend Xur and make up for lost Eris rep and bounties.

This is bulkshit.

Hawkmoon upgrade is a big deal and for those with old Gjallerhorns that is too.

Bungie come on!

If I can't upgrade my hawkmoon, I'm going to lose it. I still have to farm glimmer before I can afford it, which I would have done yesterday. This has been the one weapon I've wanted to upgrade the most, since I got it so close to the DLC that I never actually used it. It's going to be my hunter's main exotic.

Keep trying to sign into PSN from the options....that's the trick that apparently works right?

This is monumental horeshit. I just wanna upgrade my Ghorn.

I've tried that all last night, 4am reset for Xur and now with no luck.

I just installed Dragon Age Inquisition that I got for Christmas and the patch is downloading and installing. Wtf???

Namikaze1

I've tried that all last night, 4am reset for Xur and now with no luck.

I just installed Dragon Age Inquisition that I got for Christmas and the patch is downloading and installing. Wtf???
I woke up at 2 AM EST just to have a chance to get in. Logged in to PSN fine but took 2-3 minutes to finally get into Destiny.

DJ88

Seriously? I thought it was slowly coming back up. This shit better be fixed before Xur leaves the tower, I'm not missing the chance to upgrade the horn.

qTiJhbF.png

lol

Namikaze1

Upgraded Helm of Saint-14 fully maxed out. If I don't get the raid helm and just the boots, I'll have a helm ready for 32. Still would prefer to keep my Ruin Wings equipped.

Dammit I was too drunk last night to remember to join in on DrunkGAF
Sadly, Drunk DestinyGAF wasn't in the mood to post last night. Damn lizards.

DrunkGaf was much more tame last night. Hahahaha
Well, we couldn't play drunk last night.

TP-DK

Sigh, I still cant log in to psn. Guess There will be no Ghorn upgrade for me.

Funny thing is if I write the wrong psn password its perfectly capable to tell me its wrong, but if its the right password it teeminates the connection.

And I can log in on the PS app. So usefull..

Sullichin

I just tried and I can get into the PS4 version again. Hopefully it comes back for others soon so they can buy this bad sniper rifle.

gdt

Still can't get in. Hopeful PSN starts to come together today. This is crazy. Almost 2 days of wonky service. God....if they can't get it fixed and Xur leaves......I will rage.

TO: BUNGIE - DESTINY PLAYERS WANT YOUR ATTENTION

Most MMO type games like Destiny do not require the reliance on a third party service like PSN or XBL to provide the means for people to play.

WoW and others run off Blizzards own servers and while you do the same for the Destiny side of things, the requirement of PS+ and XBL along with their servers for the player side of things, there is a dependence.

With these DDoS attacks on their servers, and as a PS4 Destiny player, I have been trying to log on for days with no results.

Xur is in the tower with upgrades I need, I've lost days of Eris rep, Vanguard and more. Not to mention days lost for the usual reset week.

I play your game daily and have 3 characters at 31 and 1 is 12 radiant shards away from 32. A few days missed is a big deal.

Solution
Extend Xurs stay and provide extra bounties to Eris and the others so we can at least grab more to do.

This is unacceptable in the realm of games like these.

Fix this!!!!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
THEY WERE WEARING THE SAME DAMN SWEATER! I WAS TOO DRUNK TO TELL THEM APART! GOD!

Why does my girl have an aftershave taste to her...

TO: BUNGIE - DESTINY PLAYERS WANT YOUR ATTENTION

Most MMO type games like Destiny do not require the reliance on a third party service like PSN or XBL to provide the means for people to play.

WoW and others run off Blizzards own servers and while you do the same for the Destiny side of things, the requirement of PS+ and XBL along with their servers for the player side of things, there is a dependence.

With these DDoS attacks on their servers, and as a PS4 Destiny player, I have been trying to log on for days with no results.

Xur is in the tower with upgrades I need, I've lost days of Eris rep, Vanguard and more. Not to mention days lost for the usual reset week.

I play your game daily and have 3 characters at 31 and 1 is 12 radiant shards away from 32. A few days missed is a big deal.

Solution
Extend Xurs stay and provide extra bounties to Eris and the others so we can at least grab more to do.

This is unacceptable in the realm of games like these.

Fix this!!!!

Double XP Bonus! + Xur stays for the whole week, his wife can take the kids

GobFather

It's a bolt action sniper rifle with slowass bolt action and perks. Utterly worthless in PVE but viable in PVP if you're good at landing headshots.
In other words..... Universal remote > No Land Beyond.

But I'm gonna buy it if I can log in Destiny lol.
Lol! Sadly i cant waste too much strange coins lol :p. Thanks for the info

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Do you still have the gorgon checkpoints?

Need to run those vex runs ASAP once things are working.

Don't worry Cos, I got you covered, I have all 3 chars @ Gorgons <3

Won't do any VoG related thing till you online and your 3 chars get checkpoint

gdt

Cannot connect to the server within the time limit.

Merry Christmas

Top Bottom