• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Don't worry Cos, I got you covered, I have all 3 chars @ Gorgons <3

Won't do any VoG related thing till you online and your 3 chars get checkpoint

Thanks Grave!

I haven't been able to get on at all since the 24th when I grabbed the Eris bounties and that rare ship from the ship right that was like an upgraded version of Outrageous Fortune.

I keep hammering the log in. I did it until I passed out last night while watching Netflix on my iPad. Then again when I woke up for my Xuralarm. Now doing the same.

Temidien

Neo Member
Thanks Grave!

I haven't been able to get on at all since the 24th when I grabbed the Eris bounties and that rare ship from the ship right that was like an upgraded version of Outrageous Fortune.

I keep hammering the log in. I did it until I passed out last night while watching Netflix on my iPad. Then again when I woke up for my Xuralarm. Now doing the same.

I was able to get on briefly yesterday morning before heading out for Christmas festivities, every attempt since has failed.

Now entering hour two of watching stuff on my laptop while I continually click X at the Destiny sign-on screen.

Sullichin

Lool, No Land Beyond is just unusable in PVE. it also looks ridiculous on the character screen. Can't find enough people to get into a Crucible match to try it there. A hilarious use of your coins

I'm so irrationally mad at this game right now. Fuck. I need to calm down.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yep you can assume where grave got those checkpoints from BTW :p

I soloed that shit

Soloed the door with Door trick
Just paid off the Vex with Strange Coins and told them abandon the confluxes
Bribed Oracles with Ascendant Energies (they love that battery zing after taste), Templar with Ascendant Shards (she loves to collect them for some reason!)
Tada, Gorogon's Checkpoint!

(No seriously, iRawr helped out a lot, and I helped get you your BALLERHORN!, I was present!)

realcZk

i assume the gun is worthless... but I'm thinking of buying it for fun.

I received the universal remote from a strike yesterday and kept that one for the same reason. Nothing i'd ever use on a serious mission, but for patrols or if im bored? sure.

the universal remote is a far better sniper than no land beyond
purchase it only if you have the extra coins

I soloed that shit

Soloed the door with Door trick
Just paid off the Vex with Strange Coins and told them abandon the confluxes
Bribed Oracles with Ascendant Energies (they love that battery zing after taste), Templar with Ascendant Shards (she loves to collect them for some reason!)
Tada, Gorogon's Checkpoint!

(No seriously, iRawr helped out a lot, and I helped get you your BALLERHORN!, I was present!)

And your 2nd hawkmoon :p. But that was a very smooth Atheon killed! 3 exotics drop within those few mins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ahahaha. welp. adding this junker to the collection, and upgrading red death for my titan, Hawkmoon for the hunter, and at least one Gjallarhorn, for everybody.
How is this thread past page 130 already? I thought with Christmas it would slow down, not speed up.
no kidding :p

I'll buy it, i mean they have to buff it at some point.

Or maybe it has some super hidden ability that we don't know about yet that makes it not a paperweight.

i assume the gun is worthless... but I'm thinking of buying it for fun.

I received the universal remote from a strike yesterday and kept that one for the same reason. Nothing i'd ever use on a serious mission, but for patrols or if im bored? sure.

I did before leaving for work. I hear jotting but bad things, but I have tons of coins and bad juju sucked ass for a while too at one point.

Cool, yeah I'll buy it for fun and the potential of a buff.
Edit: if I can connect to PSN

Lima

Man I have already gone through it this week when I get the new Ghorn as a drop but upgrading it is the worst. It's completely useless until you unlock the Wolf pack rounds.

GraveRobberX

I have this feeling CE HM will drop on the 20th of January, making most of our Legendary weapons from VoG obsolete =/

So 3 more weeks to enjoy VoC/FB/CM in Raid scenarios, then i331 weapons slotting in to maximize damage

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
No Land Beyond will definitely receive a buff. I wonder what Bungie designers were thinking before coming up with it... "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a World War 1 weapon in the game?"

I love you Khovstov

I am 100% sure they never tested the thing. This DLC is a pure cash grab.

GraveRobberX

Man I have already gone through it this week when I get the new Ghorn as a drop but upgrading it is the worst. It's completely useless until you unlock the Wolf pack rounds.

Hence 331 Godhorn < 300 Godhorn till Wolfpack unlock on 331 version

No Land Beyond will definitely receive a buff. I wonder what Bungie designers were thinking before coming up with it... "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a World War 1 weapon in the game?"

I love you Khovstov

I am 100% sure they never tested the thing. This DLC is a pure cash grab.

they tried so hard to not make another OP weapon like Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker that all the DLC weapons are just incredibly underwhelming. Even the Necrochasm, the Mythoclast equivalent doesn't seem at all appealing.

LiK

Wow, Xur stock kinda sucks. I'll probably pick up Armamentarium again since I sharded the old one. Should be useful for PVP at least.

I heard nothing but bad things about No Land Beyond. Not sure I'll bother.

I have this feeling CE HM will drop on the 20th of January, making most of our Legendary weapons from VoG obsolete =/

So 3 more weeks to enjoy VoC/FB/CM in Raid scenarios, then i331 weapons slotting in to maximize damage

That is my guess too.

I've got Gjallerhorn, The Devil You Don't, Icebreaker, Light of the Abyss and Vanqusiher VIII to 331 so far.

Trakan

Keep trying to sign into PSN from the options....that's the trick that apparently works right?

Where'd you hear this?

It's not even going to launch in January if they can't fix the cheese by then.

spyder_ur

Haven't been on since Monday morning really. Sounds like I haven't missed much? Can no one get on ps4? Did Bungie ever deliver that Christmas surprise they were talking about?

What a disaster for PSN - sadly I am not confident that they'll have this remedied any time soon.

That being said, Happy Holidays to Destiny Gaf. I haven't really ever been in an online gaming community like this one, and it's a cool group. Thanks for the good times.

Haven't been on since Monday morning really. Sounds like I haven't missed much? Can no one get on ps4? Did Bungie ever deliver that Christmas surprise they were talking about?

What a disaster for PSN - sadly I am not confident that they'll have this remedied any time soon.

That being said, Happy Holidays to Destiny Gaf. I haven't really ever been in an online gaming community like this one, and it's a cool group. Thanks for the good times.

January is when Christmas happens for Bungie apparently.

Really lame we didn't get snow or festive stuff to use. Other MMOs even god damn mobile ones like a Order and Chaos did a better job.

k1t4j

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130244876@N03/15491355303/
Finally :p

Edit: Dammit how do you imbue a photo here?

I keep falling at it

LiK

January is when Christmas happens for Bungie apparently.

Really lame we didn't get snow or festive stuff to use. Other MMOs even god damn mobile ones like a Order and Chaos did a better job.

Like I said during Halloween, they should release holiday shaders. Maybe a red/green one for Xmas. But nope.

Lima

Nope.

Really lame since it was helmet two weeks in a row and then nothing.

Part of me thinks they only did an exotic engram again, and helmet specifically because they forgot to add the raid helmet to the loot table like idiots.

I never understood why helmets are considered so special anyway. Why did the VoG helmet drop only on hard? Why are helmets 120 marks making them far more expensive than all other pieces?

Truphenom

I cashed in 20 bounties with telemtries to get there. It does take a while tho and I don't think I'll bother upgrading any of my maxed 300 versions. It's godly once you get it done tho!

I never understood why helmets are considered so special anyway. Why did the VoG helmet drop only on hard? Why are helmets 120 marks making them far more expensive than all other pieces?

I don't get it either, but a lot of games in the past have done it. Something about making one piece of armor slightly more exclusive than the rest.

So what armor, weapons, engrams, and upgrades is xur selling? Where is he at in the tower?

You ask every single Friday.

In the time it takes you to type that question and wait for a response, you could have easily went to the front page of the DestinyTheGame subreddit and found the weekly topic at the top.

No one wants to type out the 15 things he's selling for you.

Top Bottom