• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

Yes I need three shots at Gjallarhorn before Xur leaves with the upgrade. Would love to do Gorgons to Atheon HM on PS4 three times lightening fast if PSN ever goes back up.

phen0m24

Xur's wares:
Armamentarium Titan 138 disc 13 coins
Aclyophage Hunter 87 disc 13 coins
Claws of Ahamkara Warlock 49 disc 49 str 13 coins
No Land Beyond (crap primary sniper) 17 coins
Exotic shard 7 coins

Upgrades:
Alpha Lupi hunter 7607 glimmer
Ahamkaras spine hunter 7127 glimmer
Helm of Saint 14 7841 glimmer
Inmost Light 7451 glimmer
Praxic Fire 7297 glimmer
Suros 7789 glimmer
Red Death 7307 glimmer
The Last Word 7559 glimmer
Thunderlord 7681 glimmer
Super Good Advice 7817 glimmer
Gjallarhorn 7933 glimmer
Hawkmoon 7793 glimmer

Pulse, fusion and MG telemetry
Plasma drive/void drive for sparrow

Greenymac

Assuming this PSN stuff gets sorted out, anyone want to run Vault of Glass a couple of times? I want to see if I can get a Hawkmoon from the gorgon chest to upgrade now that Xur has it.

Also, farm the Gatekeepers for glimmer.

Im down for this...I need a Hawkmoon and I need to max Glimmer.

Shito

Part of me thinks Sony doesn't really care and they will offer an apology and maybe give out something and then call it a day.
Why would they offer something?
And why only talk about Sony?
Both Sony and Microsoft got attacked, and it's not like they can do anything about it. Xbl is doing better because Microsoft have way more servers than Sony, but it's because it's part of their business.
And I'm quite sure they both care and are equally pissed about all this: you can't be happy about your stores being down in that period of the year. ^^

I'm all for mocking Sony when they are doing a 7 hours maintenance during europe's prime time, but right now they don't have any responsibility in what is happening.

forrest

formerly nacire
How are people getting in the game? Are you guys all on XboxLive? I haven't been able to get on PSN since Christmas Eve.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On the other hand, if you do still have time when it does come back up, everybody make sure to do your Nightfall and grab the first CE chest on all your characters before throwing down any coins at Xur. I need'em all.

At the weekly reset opened the chest in the first part of CA raid on all 3 chars. Got the Dragons breath and rad shards on my titan, upgraded truth and rad energy on warlock, and upgraded hawkmoon and shroud of flies cape on my hunter main. Uhhh..... I'm legit speechless. Amaze!!!

Why does my girl have an aftershave taste to her...

Double XP Bonus! + Xur stays for the whole week, his wife can take the kids

You do know that Xur does not have a wife or kids?

Xur is most likely rocking hot twin goth chicks and spends his weekdays in his dungeon listening to death metal.

Rahool however is most probably a bitter husband, with a wife that is cheating on him and he takes it out on us.

boofa

Neo Member
It is depressing that I've played since launch and didn't buy either ghorn or icebreaker when they were sold because I didn't have coins or didn't want to waste them on a sniper I'd probably never use. The only exotics I've ever gotten from chests/drops are a Monte Carlo from a purple engram, a new Red Death last week from the 1st CE chest, Hunter Alpha Lupi this week from Nightfall and 2 Mythoclasts from back to back runs a month or so ago. Every other exotic I have, I did a bounty for or bought from Xur, all of which were pre-DLC. Almost everyone I play with regularly has either IB or Ghorn if not both, and most of them weren't bought either. Hell, my brother-in-law who barely plays got Icebreaker from a freaking DAILY HEROIC STORY! FML, why do I still play this game, lol

boofa

Neo Member
At the weekly reset opened the chest in the first part of CA raid on all 3 chars. Got the Dragons breath and rad shards on my titan, upgraded truth and rad energy on warlock, and upgraded hawkmoon and shroud of flies cape on my hunter main. Uhhh..... I'm legit speechless. Amaze!!!

Congrats bro! That's awesome. Only ever gotten Red Death and class items for any raid chest, VoG or CE, so count yourself VERY VERY lucky.

Yes I need three shots at Gjallarhorn before Xur leaves with the upgrade. Would love to do Gorgons to Atheon HM on PS4 three times lightening fast if PSN ever goes back up.

Im down for this...I need a Hawkmoon and I need to max Glimmer.

Okay, so that makes three of us for VoG runs when PSN goes back up. Anyone else?

I wish I had a Hawkmoon to upgrade :(

Join us for the VoG runs. It's our only shot now.

Deku Tree

PS3 version of Destiny is garbage compared to the PS4 version.
Slower. Uglier. Frame Studder. Menu's load horribly slow. Ugh.
Only redeeming quality was that I could log in and get some grind done.
I had 2 friends online on PS3. None playing Destiny.

Congrats bro! That's awesome. Only ever gotten Red Death and class items for any raid chest, VoG or CE, so count yourself VERY VERY lucky.
Right before that I did the nightfalls with some buddies and got zilch. Had work in the morning and said f it I'm staying up to open the raid chests. Needless to say I recorded opening those chests. Wanted the hawkmoon for soo long and finally got the upgraded version. I wonder how good the upgraded dragons breath is? I haven't seen anyone with it yet and I'm curious to see the solar flare ability.

realcZk

Right before that I did the nightfalls with some buddies and got zilch. Had work in the morning and said f it I'm staying up to open the raid chests. Needless to say I recorded opening those chests. Wanted the hawkmoon for soo long and finally got the upgraded version. I wonder how good the upgraded dragons breath is? I haven't seen anyone with it yet and I'm curious to see the solar flare ability.

I've been testing out dragon's breath. It's not that great, but it has a fast RoF for a rocket launcher. It's easy to spit out three rockets very quickly and it does decent damage against single targets that don't move much. The solar flare only lasts for 3/4 seconds or so though. It ticks pretty fast but most mobs just walk out of it. It's better than a regular RL or an RL with cluster bombs against targets that don't move, otherwise its not worth the exotic slot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Why would they offer something?
And why only talk about Sony?
Both Sony and Microsoft got attacked, and it's not like they can do anything about it. Xbl is doing better because Microsoft have way more servers than Sony, but it's because it's part of their business.
And I'm quite sure they both care and are equally pissed about all this: you can't be happy about your stores being down in that period of the year. ^^

I'm all for mocking Sony when they are doing a 7 hours maintenance during europe's prime time, but right now they don't have any responsibility in what is happening.

I'm not going to get into it here. All I can say as someone who deals with dozens of companies the amount of care they exhibit all boils down to business. If you think they actually care about you as an individual you have a lot to learn.

void666

Banned
Trade hawkmoon for gjallarhorn.

Probably an unpopular opinion around here but i'm not a fan of hawkmoon.
For me it's like suros. It's effective but not fun. Thorn is fun with its piercing bullets and dot. Fate bringer is fun with its precision exploding targets and lightning fast reload.
Hawkmoon hits hard and that's about it.

I'll upgrade it regardless but will probably use thorn or fatebringer a lot more.

Shito

I'm not going to get into it here. All I can say as someone who deals with dozens of companies the amount of care they exhibit all boils down to business. If you think they actually care about you as an individual you have a lot to learn.
Where did I say they cared about me?
I said they cared about their shops being down. That is to say their money.
Don't you think Sony is actually bothered about the psn shop being down that long during Christmas? That's why they "care".

If they offer compensation for being attacked by a ddos, they will create a bad precedent, and more groups will start doing the same to get free shits out of it.

realcZk

Trade hawkmoon for gjallarhorn.

Probably an unpopular opinion around here but i'm not a fan of hawkmoon.
For me it's like suros. It's effective but not fun. Thorn is fun with its piercing bullets and dot. Fate bringer is fun with its precision exploding targets and lightning fast reload.
Hawkmoon hits hard and that's about it.

I'll upgrade it regardless but will probably use thorn or fatebringer a lot more.

hawkmoon is awesome, but id trade mine for a gjallarhorn any day since gjallarhorn is the op broken god tier jesus rifle

my thorn does just fine in the exotic hc slot

I post a Xûr Whisper on Friday mornings, and chat Destiny with people. Guy I talked to today is gonna Redbox a PS3 copy to do his Xûr business. Better than nothing I suppose.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Assuming this PSN stuff gets sorted out, anyone want to run Vault of Glass a couple of times? I want to see if I can get a Hawkmoon from the gorgon chest to upgrade now that Xur has it.

Also, farm the Gatekeepers for glimmer.

I would do it if I could get on.

hawkmoon is awesome, but id trade mine for a gjallarhorn any day since gjallarhorn is the op broken god tier jesus rifle

my thorn does just fine in the exotic hc slot

Do you use thorn in PvE? I'm a handcannon fan, but haven't had one to use since the DLC. Going to upgrade my hawkmoon, wondering if I should grind out my thorn bounty to compliment it.

Top Bottom