• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wait till you read this lol.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...to_try_it_out/
Bungie really need to buff up No Land Beyond.

Would be funny down the line, that there is a hidden effect we find out that while under the influence of a Darkness material (ether seed, resupply code, etc.) gun becomes godlike lol
The way Bungie will do it is make Ascendant Energy/Shards a consumable for it, 6 hour per use, NLB becomes IB with Black hammer White Nail Ability lol

So the Hunter boots make your double jump into Triple jump, so you can move the perk bubble away from triple to either boost/focus, interesting

I wonder how good the upgraded dragons breath is? I haven't seen anyone with it yet and I'm curious to see the solar flare ability.

Best deterrent RL in the game
Kills enemies and keeps the one pushing forward @ bay
Hilarious in PvP, drop it on a flag being captured, watch the kills rack due to morons thinking flare won't kill them...

Okay, so for VoG runs as soon as PSN goes up we have:

1. GalacticToast (cloud945076)
2. DekuBleep
3. Greenymac
4. Da_1_hated_tito
5. Jayforone
6. Daraman

Edit: Added PSN IDs.

realcZk

Do you use thorn in PvE? I'm a handcannon fan, but haven't had one to use since the DLC. Going to upgrade my hawkmoon, wondering if I should grind out my thorn bounty to compliment it.

yea thorn is great in pve now after the buff. its got a faster RoF and more range than hawkmoon with send it. four less rounds in the clip but the reload is alright.

GraveRobberX

Okay, so for VoG runs as soon as PSN goes up we have:

1. GalacticToast (cloud945076)
2. Deku Tree
3. Greenymac
4. El_Fenomeno
5. Jayforone
6. Bunta

PSN is up, it's the handshake that's the problem!

Xur has a big pile of shit. Repeats and crap no one asked for. Thanks bungie. Dec 26, the day I quit Destiny.

See you next Tuesday for reset and NIF bonanza!

Those are hunter boots. :)

Yeah I edited, saw the Warlock is description and was saying the fuck?

If you guys want to be lazy, I have the gorgon checkpoint HM :p
giphy.gif

HighOnPCP

I can't be bothered to try and log-in every 10-15 minutes I'm just gonna rely on you guys here. If it's actually back to normal like more than 10 people able to log-in without problems let us know lol

I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition while I wait. It downloaded the patch easily and quickly, which is odd.

Really upset this is the second day I can't play.

lol Ghallarhorn and Inmost Light/Saint-14 are shit

okay buddy

Upgrades for those are great for the ones that already have it. But repeats for purchasables are bs. Armamentarium, really? Symbiote again? Are claws of ahamkara the new sunbreakers? Everyone says how shit no land beyond is. So yeah, xur brought shit. It's fucking day after xmas. Xur should have had a new titan piece, praxic, a new hunter piece, and gjallarhorn.

I'm been playing since day one. Finally fed up and ranting. By all means take care and have fun. Not saying you can't enjoy the game.

realcZk

I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition while I wait. It downloaded the patch easily and quickly, which is odd.

Really upset this is the second day I can't play.

careful, the more you play DAI the less upset you'll be
its a great game and makes it easy to forget about destiny for a while

GraveRobberX

Upgrades for those are great for the ones that already have it. But repeats for purchasables are bs. Armamentarium, really? Symbiote again? Are claws of ahamkara the new sunbreakers? Everyone says how shit no land beyond is. So yeah, xur brought shit. It's fucking day after xmas. Xur should have had a new titan piece, praxic, a new hunter piece, and gjallarhorn.

I'm been playing since day one. Finally fed up and ranting. By all means take care and have fun. Not saying you can't enjoy the game.

Deej will write a poem with subtle hints he only understands and send it out in your honor

We will be still playing whenever you want to come back!

Rixa

lol Ghallarhorn and Inmost Light/Saint-14 are shit

okay buddy
Yes they are crap if you dont have them. Ive been playing Destiny over 1 month and this week Xur has nothing for me.
So as for me, Xur sells craploads of shit and few upgrades I dont need cause I dont have those.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah that's correct Brian.

I'm psyched to upgrade red death too for my titan to start messing with since I missed it the first time.

lots of time to game today but if the servers ain't up by quitting time I guess it's some DS2 progress and maybe some snowball fights in gw2.

Didn't you have the chance to get the Gjallarhorn if you were playing since day one?

realcZk

I'm psyched to upgrade red death too for my titan to start messing with since I missed it the first time.

lots of time to game today but if the servers ain't up by quitting time I guess it's some DS2 progress and maybe some snowball fights in gw2.

btw, hows the end-game in gw2? is it just snowball fights or are there raids too? i've have it sitting around unopened for months now, should probably play it sometime

Didn't you have the chance to get the Gjallarhorn if you were playing since day one?

woah now... lets not talk about those days bud, biggest mistake of my life...

Shito

Don't go that road...
A lot of people, including myself, played since day one but were not hardcore enough to be able to afford Gjallahorn when Xur had it on week 2.
I was advancing slowly and didn't even know about Xur at that time, only caught up to him the week after...

Been playing this game since launch and I've yet to acquire a legendary void fusion rifle. Had to bring a maxed rare one to the nightfall which actually worked pretty decent, but still, where's the legendaries! I know they exist in the game but are they really this rare or am I one unlucky guardian?

LordofPwn

Yup, and lots of people were like "lol, when am i ever going to waste my exotic slot on a heavy weapon" and i was like tracking clusters seems legit. should be able to kill anything i aim it at. Now i laugh at them. also everyone should have known Ice Breaker was good, and you only needed 17 coins for it. to not have bought it is stupid.

ocean

Banned
Nobody knew it was OP back then. I, as well as many others, thought spending coins on Armor should take priority (it was the low level 20s phase) - specially over a Heavy weapon.

I passed on the Horn to get Inmost Light. Worst part is I didn't even know it was a poor decision until much later. Until Atheon rape videos started popping up Gjallarhorn wasn't seen as THE weapon. People were more interested in Ice Breaker and SUROS Regime.

Xbox Live is working fine on my Xbox One and 360.

PSN works fine on my Vita and PS3.

What the fuck, the PS4 is the only one not working now.

My titan is running around with red death. Since he's my alt,I haven't leveled it too much yet. It's a fun medium range gun.

Hoodbury

Get home late last night from Christmas stuff, not played in 2 days, tired, it's late, but just want to play a bit. Get can't connect to PSN.... Great. Remember there were talks of that Lizard group wanting to bring down PSN on Christmas so check GAF real quick and sure enough. Ugh.

Remember I got GTA5 on Christmas Eve so figure I'll see if I can play that game. Seems to be working. Then it starts doing an install which takes like a half hour. Ugh.

So fun night, played GTA5 for like 20 minutes. Wife yelled at me and called me a perv for going to the strip club.

Now I'm at work all day. PSN better be back up tonight. I still need to do Nightfall/Weekly on 2 characters and Crota still.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Based on ipviking, this won't be cleared up any time soon. Now news sites and channels are saying stupid things about it.

realcZk

My titan is running around with red death. Since he's my alt,I haven't leveled it too much yet. It's a fun medium range gun.

i think i'll upgrade mine as well... not looking forward to the glimmer farm but luckily it goes by fast with a buddy at the VOG gatekeepers checkpoint.

Get home late last night from Christmas stuff, not played in 2 days, tired, it's late, but just want to play a bit. Get can't connect to PSN.... Great. Remember there were talks of that Lizard group wanting to bring down PSN on Christmas so check GAF real quick and sure enough. Ugh.

Remember I got GTA5 on Christmas Eve so figure I'll see if I can play that game. Seems to be working. Then it starts doing an install which takes like a half hour. Ugh.

So fun night, played GTA5 for like 20 minutes. Wife yelled at me and called me a perv for going to the strip club.

Now I'm at work all day. PSN better be back up tonight. I still need to do Nightfall/Weekly on 2 characters and Crota still.

lol i was showing my dad how people could stream games on the PS4 and we watched some, i clicked on a GTAV stream and it was some guy idling in the strip club getting a lap dance. i dont think my dad understood

Top Bottom