• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Ambitious

B5QKNLwIMAAiPw-.jpg:large

This is the worst.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sounds like a lot of fun, but id have to find friends to play with first :(

i can't really do those games solo
lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820204&page=164

I'm one of the GLs for our guild here, join us if you ever feel like it! just post a character or account name in that thread and one of our officers will get you added quickly. We do dungeons pretty frequently, guild missions every weekend (a set of guild-only content with really good rewards, resetting weekly) and have other scheduled events every so often. Got one coming up to stomp Orr, a series of high level zones with tough events, since some of our newer members have never seen it.

I get that, and i was lucky enough to get voidfang from a legendary engram on the first weekend so i wasn't worried about armor. I find it nice though that bungie stealth sold the best weapon in the game and only those that were hardcore enough to have the coins and had the instincts to see the potential bought it. its nice having something to seek after versus just buy. its why Hawkmoon was so legendary, its why todd is going crazy trying to get praxic fire.

I definitely wasn't hardcore playing it then, but I got lucky on Strange coin drops. Even still I was bummed about not being able to afford red death the first week and made the good decision not to get sunbreakers or anything else. Think I did low level weekly to barely get enough coins to afford the Godhorn the next week haha

I'm tempted to just delete my fucking hunter to make a Titan. They just seem better

Why not just make 1 of each? I like all 3 classes, and they all seem to have their certain strengths. Hunter and Titan are my favorite, with my warlock usually getting left behind.

Decided to buy Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together on my Vita to deal with PSN being down. One of my all-time favorite series and I can now finally play it since I bought a Vita last week. Never had a PSP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't understand the kim dotcom business for a fraction of a second. Aren't you all still having trouble connecting?

E92 M3

Should I make a 3rd Hunter, guys? Not really in the mood to start a brand new grind for another class, even though I kinda want a Sunsinger.

realcZk

I don't understand the kim dotcom business for a fraction of a second. Aren't you all still having trouble connecting?

you mean his business history/current business? or how he is relevant to the current series of events?

if the latter, essentially he bribed lizard squad with free credits for his MEGA file sharing website if they would stop the DDoS attacks against XBL and PSN yesterday and they agreed. according to them, the attacks have been stopped for quite a while now and it's just up to sony to clean up the mess and get things operational again (which sony is really bad at).

hydruxo

Should I make a 3rd Hunter, guys? Not really in the mood to start a brand new grind for another class, even though I kinda want a Sunsinger.

#HunterMasterClass but I honestly think that having 3 of the same class would be even more of a grind then making a brand new class. It's already boring enough going from 1-20, at least when you do a new class you get to mess around with the subclasses you never used before.

Shito

Sunsinger is great if you wish / have to solo it a lot.
I have a hunter and a warlock, and I'm starting on a titan. Takes a lot of time, but I'm not in a hurry, and at least each legendary or exotic drop is potentially interesting to me. Also, it's nice being able to change pace with each class.

realcZk

Sunsingers are the best class. You would be wise to build one.

sunsingers are so damn powerful.

do you want to become a tank, a cooldown reduction machine for your team, or cheat death with self-revive? grab an extra grenade for free while you're at it, or maybe hover in the air while you snipe people below you. become an orb-creation machine as you knock enemies off the map with your solar grenades, or deal massive damage with your fusion grenades. apply burn dots to your enemies and feast off their delicious tears. about to die and need a shield? melee something, you don't even have to kill it.

easily my favorite class in the game

do you want to become a tank, a cooldown reduction machine for your team, or cheat death with self-revive? grab an extra grenade for free while you're at it, or maybe hover in the air while you snipe people below you. knock enemies off the map with your solar grenades, or deal massive damage with your fusion grenades. apply burn dots to your enemies and feast off their delicious tears.

You sir, understand how to play Destiny.

Deku Tree

Fuck it. Just bought Destiny on PS3...

The thirst is fucking REAL, people.

You still need the DLC on PS3 too though to do any TDB stuff. If you bought the PS3 DLC already a promotion gives you the PS4 DLC for free. I am not sure if the promotion works in reverse though.

I got destiny digitally for the ps3, got the ps4 version free. I don't know if it works the other way too.

This is what I did too. Would be surprised if it works in reverse.

E92 M3

Sunsingers are the best class. You would be wise to build one.

I wish I could buy HE for warlock armor, then I would in a heartbeat.

#HunterMasterClass but I honestly think that having 3 of the same class would be even more of a grind then making a brand new class. It's already boring enough going from 1-20, at least when you do a new class you get to mess around with the subclasses you never used before.

Really how so? I know new subclasses will be fun, but there is material that's needed and everything.

Sunsinger is great if you wish / have to solo it a lot.
I have a hunter and a warlock, and I'm starting on a titan. Takes a lot of time, but I'm not in a hurry, and at least each legendary or exotic drop is potentially interesting to me. Also, it's nice being able to change pace with each class.

It just requires acquiring brand new materials and having 3 shots at raids is so tempting.

Go Titan. Ruin Wings are my favorite exotic armor piece. Soo good.

They are my favorite piece too, and I don't even have a Titan. It's the grind that scares me.

I'm tempted to just delete my fucking hunter to make a Titan. They just seem better

Do it!!!

I have created all 3 and I enjoy my Titan and my Warlock allot but I cannot seem to enjoy the Hunter at all... look, I throw a plastic knife at you!!! sigh.

Defenders and Sunsinger as way more useful to help out a team in PVE than anything Hunter can muster.... oh oh I turn Invisible oh oh heeee.

I hate my Hunter, he is staying low level forever.

Titans and Warlocks are more fun and more rewarding and are actually useful to Fireteam squad for support.

Titan Striker crowd control, punch in the face, AOE Super. Titan Defender keeping the team alive, buffing shields or weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
LordofPwn said:
find it nice though that bungie stealth sold the best weapon in the game and only those that were hardcore enough to have the coins and had the instincts to see the potential bought it
Yeah I certainly wasn't playing that hardcore at the time, I had exactly 17 coins on me when I looked at Xur's inventory.

I looked over its upgrades on the sale screen and decided that I would be a lunatic to pass it up. HOW SILLY THAT WAS.

Here's my post from back in OT3 where I just bought it. note my fawning over wolfpack rounds despite having not yet come close to unlocking them XD

I then did have to sit through a week or two of people who bought it because they had the coins but didn't perceive the magic, talking about how shitty and unremarkable it was before leveling it up -_-

This entire go over to the PS4 side of Destiny and play with Gaffers plan is blowing up in my face at the moment...

Step 1- Get PS4
Step 2- Purchase Destiny again
Step 3-.... Stupid ass freaking connection errors POS ARRGHH.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus fuck, from 10 to 20 on the Cleansing Light bounty (kill 3 enemies w/ Super, 20 times)
Venus Loot Door

22 Green, 11 Blues!
10 minutes of work
GAWD DAMN!
MIVWjU3.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you mean his business history/current business? or how he is relevant to the current series of events?

if the latter, essentially he bribed lizard squad with free credits for his MEGA file sharing website if they would stop the DDoS attacks against XBL and PSN yesterday and they agreed. according to them, the attacks have been stopped for quite a while now and it's just up to sony to clean up the mess and get things operational again (which sony is really bad at).
I meant the current goings on.

I don't really understand. If a distributed denial-of-service attack has been stopped, what does sony have to do restore functionality?

Xamdou

do you want to become a tank, a cooldown reduction machine for your team, or cheat death with self-revive? grab an extra grenade for free while you're at it, or maybe hover in the air while you snipe people below you. become an orb-creation machine as you knock enemies off the map with your solar grenades, or deal massive damage with your fusion grenades. apply burn dots to your enemies and feast off their delicious tears. about to die and need a shield? melee something, you don't even have to kill it.

What kind of setup to I need to achieve Sunsinger god status?

Shito

I then did have to sit through a week or two of people who bought it because they had the coins but didn't perceive the magic, talking about how shitty and unremarkable it was before leveling it up -_-
Can't wait for people to unlock The Master and realize how much it makes No Land Beyond an OP weapon!
Ha ha ha.

Top Bottom