• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

ethomaz

Banned
It's a crutch. You don't need it. I used Fireborn mostly before I made a Titan and Hunter and playing with them made me more cautious and not rely on self res. I still prefer Sunsinger but you can definitely do without Fireborn. Being a tank is much more fun.
I found my Sunsinger more a tank than Titan due the flame shield... the Melee is so much better too.

Deku Tree

So like someone else posted. Could I rent Destiny PS3 transfer the save upgrade my horn and re transfer back to ps4 when everything is back up?

No save transfer needed. Your save is on Bungie servers. As soon as you boot up Destiny with the same PSN ID it loads up your latest progress on either Console.

Sounds like he said something that he wasn't supposed to say and now he is denying it IMO. Bungie also removed that video from their servers. I heard it and DeeJ sounded 100% sure of himself when he said it. DeeJ even talked about having conversations with the people who manage Xurs stock.

This sounds the most likely. This is also the perfect week to offer the Horn upgrade. Get a bunch of high level people out of the raids (no-one wants to raid without wolfpack rounds) and running around doing bounties and patrol stuffs to level up their shiny new Horn 2.0 while all of the Xmas newbs start flooding the patrol areas.

gdt

No save transfer needed. Your save is on Bungie servers. As soon as you boot up Destiny with the same PSN ID it loads up your latest progress on either Console.

Woah. If this is not sorted by tomorrow I'll definitely hit up a redbox and pick up the PS3 version.

Also it'll be interesting to see the last g en version haha.

This sounds the most likely. This is also the perfect week to offer the Horn upgrade. Get a bunch of high level people out of the raids (no-one wants to raid without wolfpack rounds) and running around doing bounties and patrol stuffs to level up their shiny new upgrades while all of the Xmas newbs start flooding the patrol areas.
A xmas newbie was following me and colonel around on earth. We let him take the sword and try to kill those 3 hive majors :p

haha wow, now i want to hear that video. iirc, i saw him confirm it on a twitch stream (iron banner maybe?) in the chat.

if bungie picks xur's stock, id love to hear their reasoning behind it. if they really pick it then i know we'll never see the gjallarhorn again.

I think I found it but I can't access it from work.

It's actually Deej speaking during an online PvP session of Bungie vs the world or whatever.

Try this link, I'm not sure if it takes you to the right spot, since I can't click on it myself at work right now.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/77391064/0/0/1

realcZk

I think I found it but I can't access it from work.

It's actually Deej speaking during an online PvP session of Bungie vs the world or whatever.

Try this link, I'm not sure if it takes you to the right spot, since I can't click on it myself at work right now.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/77391064/0/0/1

cool thanks heres what was posted:

This is from a twitch, the dev response is also voiced by Deej, responding how they did (well unless he was joking)

Deej: 'it's not random, there is a plan, but every time I ask the guys who know what Xur is selling they say'
Dev: 'are you asking as a community manager with a valid concern or are you asking as a warlock that wants another feathered helmet'
Deej: 'and I say, yeh everyone is concerned about um the warlocks getting the same gauntlets and they're like
Dev: 'that wont be a problem.'
Deej: 'And I'm like well could you set my mind at ease by telling me what you will be selling for the warlocks? and they say'
Dev: 'no'

It's a crutch. You don't need it. I used Fireborn mostly before I made a Titan and Hunter and playing with them made me more cautious and not rely on self res. I still prefer Sunsinger but you can definitely do without Fireborn. Being a tank is much more fun.

I tank still with how I'm specced out. I rely on flame shield. Radiance is just an extra life really. Not a crutch. Its especially useful when you play with people who aren't the best or aren't very cautious in nightfalls and such.

I roll with max armor and recovery, and almost no agility. Combine that with double fusion grenade, double scorch flame shield from claws, and speed boost for glide to counter act the low agility specs and I'm nearly unstoppable. PLUS I have two lives. PVP I'll roll without the self res though.

gdt

I'm getting progressively angrier thinking about my sweet sweet Gjallerhorn sitting at 300 ATK for at least another week.

Shito

Didn't believe Deej at the time, and still don't believe him now.
Like someone said earlier, to me Xur is random, but they can override it when they want to, like they did for that Suros poll one time.

Namikaze1

If they do have a say over what Xur sells, hopefully they put up Gjallarhorn for you guys next week. Though I have a feeling it might be Dragon's Breath instead.

LiK

Like someone said earlier, to me Xur is random, but they can override it when they want to, like they did for that Suros poll one time.

They can control Xur and make him not sell repeats. But they don't bother. Make people rest on their coins instead. They wonder why the community sometimes fucking hate their guts.

They can control Xur and make him not sell repeats. But they don't bother. Make people rest on their coins instead. They wonder why the community sometimes fucking hate their guts.

Feel like treating the community like shit is a part of their strategy. They can't be that stupid

since the DLC, Xur has never ever sold any of the WOW factor armors or weapons new to the DLC

Obsidian Mind? Nope.
Starfire Protocole? Nope.
Dragon's Breath? Nope

Qwell

ok caught up on the thread a little bit while I tried to login, wasn't able to play much the past 2 days, time to walk upstairs to the ps3 and get some grinding done for xur upgrades. Are there enough people to run VoG HM on PS3? that would be an adventure.

Just lost connections to destiny and can't reconnect now D: atleast I manage to upgraded all my stuff i wanted to do.
Edit: somehow I got back online after my second attempt
Edit2: got kicked trying to join you colonel.

*"random"with higher percentages for some gear, and some completely excluded from possibility. :/

I think in their mind there are multiple tiers of exotics. Ballerhorn and Thunderlord being tier 1(top). They do not want to have the top tier exotics be available for everyone, but they do want people to be able to enjoy Destiny with exotics that they haven't had luck getting from drops (teir 2, 3, etc).

Just lost connections to destiny and can't reconnect now D: atleast I manage to upgraded all my stuff i wanted to do.

How did you get on at first :( I wanted to join you for the gorgon chest and PSN was just disrespectful

todd360

since the DLC, Xur has never ever sold any of the WOW factor armors or weapons new to the DLC

Obsidian Mind? Nope.
Starfire Protocole? Nope.
Dragon's Breath? Nope

He hasn't sold 2 original warlock armors either. Praxic fire and dragon helm. Dragon helm isn't a big deal though because its shit and helmet engrams show up all the time compared to chest engram's which last showed up before I was even a guardian lord which was months ago.

I think in their mind there are multiple tiers of exotics. Ballerhorn and Thunderlord being tier 1(top). They do not want to have the top tier exotics be available for everyone, but they do want people to be able to enjoy Destiny with exotics that they haven't had luck getting from drops (teir 2, 3, etc).

How did you get on at first :( I wanted to join you for the gorgon chest and PSN was just disrespectful
No idea, it just let me in. And third attempt after getting kicked for the second time, I got back in.

They've sold Sunbreakers how many times? That seems random to you?

It can be random but they set the loot table. Let's say for this week they put 3 pieces of Warlock armor into the table and the Random part is the game picking which to sell. I doubt the entire selection of warlock armor is a possibility

He hasn't sold 2 original warlock armors either. Praxic fire and dragon helm. Dragon helm isn't a big deal though because its shit and helmet engrams show up all the time compared to chest engram's which last showed up before I was even a guardian lord which was months ago.

I only have Voidfang, Sunbreakers and Claws, I never saw a Praxis ever sold

Top Bottom