• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Shito

They've sold Sunbreakers how many times? That seems random to you?
Seeing how we don't know what their exclusion list is, yeah, it could very well be random.
Anyways, we'll never know for sure, but I'd rather believe in it being random than in someone deliberately choosing all those stupid repeats and calling it "a plan". Makes me feel better about humanity. ^^

Seeing how we don't know what their exclusion list is, yeah, it could very well be random.
Anyways, we'll never know for sure, but I'd rather believe in it being random that in someone deliberately choosing all those stupid repeats and calling it "a plan". Makes me feel better about humanity. ^^

Xur is probably for the casual player who will be happy with sun breakers like we were when they were sold the first time. It's probably meant to help out and not provide the players with every exotic armor/weapon in the game

I only have Voidfang, Sunbreakers and Claws, I never saw a Praxis ever sold

That's what he is saying. Of the original 6 Warlock Exotic armors, 2 of them have never appeared in Xur's inventory. Same for 1 Titan item. Hunters have had all original exotic armors available for sale prior to the DLC.

Anyways, we'll never know for sure, but I'd rather believe in it being random than in someone deliberately choosing all those stupid repeats and calling it "a plan". Makes me feel better about humanity. ^^

Why would they exclude Warlock armour from the loot table when they've sold every piece of Titan and Hunter armour on at least one occasion?

There's no way it's not purposeful.

coy

I got into Destiny just before midnight PST and almost thought about calling in sick knowing that I may not be able to get back on if I shut it down. I chose to be responsible and come into work this morning and well nobody is a sucker except me because others called in sick. I also have a holiday party that will take up my whole weekend which makes in-game time all the more valuable. I should've called in.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
When it comes to using it, my main beef comes from that awful iron sight: shit is so hard to use and get criticals with...

The iron sight is why I want it. Just because.

On another note, who says the DS4 has poor battery life? Two days and still fully charged even with hitting the X button hundreds of times.....

Shito

Why would they exclude Warlock armour from the loot table when they've sold every piece of Titan and Hunter armour on at least one occasion?

There's no way it's not purposeful.
I've seen people here complaining about getting 3 or 4 times in a row the same weapon drop from Crota. RNG can produce repeats, especially when dealing with a low pool of possibilities, on a low set of tries.
But yeah, we'll never know.

Looking at that list, I'm pretty sure I bought nothing the week Gjallarhorn was sold. I was content with my Crest of Alpha Lupi. :lol

So glad I got it from an engram like the week after.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got into Destiny just before midnight PST and almost thought about calling in sick knowing that I may not be able to get back on if I shut it down. I chose to be responsible and come into work this morning and well nobody is a sucker except me because others called in sick. I also have a holiday party that will take up my whole weekend which makes in-game time all the more valuable. I should've called in.
i'm nearly alone here too heh

Been logged into PSN and playing Exclusion Zone for the last 3 hours.
And that's not the last time i'll be doing that today :/

Is that really worth it?

I was running the ROC playlist last weekend for cash, and it seems so much faster. The original strikes seem to net you about 1700 glimmer in roughly 12-15 minutes, not to mention other loot and materials that could be useful.

The two new strikes seem to get you around 2000-2200 glimmer in a run, but their times fluctuate. Undying Mind has an area that drops no loot, but you can practically skip it and go straight to the boss.

I wish we could just select whatever strike we want to play in the Strike playlist. I didn't want to play Ceberus Vae the first time and I sure as hell don't want to play it for the third time.

This thing has been cycling through the Black Garden strike and the Valus Strike the last five times.

realcZk

It would seem that an item can't occur twice in a row, or am I mistaken?

it happens all the time

weeks 1-2, sunbreakers
weeks 6-8, armamentarium
weeks 7-8 and 10-12, voidfang vestments
weeks 12-13, plan c
weeks 14-15, ruin wings
weeks 15-16, claws of ahamkara

Namikaze1

Warlock Armor
Week
1 Sunbreakers
2 Sunbreakers
3 Apotheosis Veil
4 Sunbreakers
5 Voidfang Vestments
6 Light Beyond Nemesis
7 Voidfang Vestments
8 Voidfang Vestments

9 Sunbreakers
10 Voidfang Vestments
11 Voidfang Vestments
12 Voidfang Vestments

13 Light Beyond Nemesis
DLC
14 [Voidfang Vestments
15 Claws of Ahamkara
16 Claws of Ahamkara
Bungie loves Voidfangs.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Didn't believe Deej at the time, and still don't believe him now.
Like someone said earlier, to me Xur is random, but they can override it when they want to, like they did for that Suros poll one time.

It's random with an Override from someone higher up

If they sold all the exotics at least once by now, most of us would be bored xur doesn't have anything interesting

Some items I guess they want to keep the rarity as one of those exotics that very hard to come by

It's not like there's 10+ exotics per slot

So I think game just rolls whatever, then if it's something too good, it gets swapped

Top Bottom