• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Is that really worth it?

I was running the ROC playlist last weekend for cash, and it seems so much faster. The original strikes seem to net you about 1700 glimmer in roughly 12-15 minutes, not to mention other loot and materials that could be useful.

The two new strikes seem to get you around 2000-2200 glimmer in a run, but their times fluctuate. Undying Mind has an area that drops no loot, but you can practically skip it and go straight to the boss.

I was getting roughly 3000 glimmer per 10 minute resupply code, i'd say it was worth it.
Remote play and Football on the TV helps a lot too.

Ghazi

Getting a 76mb update on my xboner, I assume it's christmas/holiday stuff that'll go into effect in January. Probably snow in the tower and a couple blue engrams.

bungie give me praxic and give me ballerhorn
and let me transmog my praxic to look like the crota raid chest
pls

wtf dude are you serious?

Ok so progress from PS4 to PS3 is shared due to being on Bungie servers correct?

Would that mean that the same account can be accessed on other consoles?

Yeah, it's pretty bad. The funny thing is that Sunbreakers is probably the 2nd or 3rd best exotic for Warlocks but we've seen it so many times, we want to destroy it.

Trolling to the fullest. Catering to no one.p

Fact is, it ain't even that good in the first place either.... Imo the only good thing about is its looks

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I guess we were bad guardians this year guys. Xuranta brought us coal. :(

im pretty happy actually because I didn't have the money to upgrade TLW and my hunter arms last time and was kicking myself for it...

todd360

im pretty happy actually because I didn't have the money to upgrade TLW and my hunter arms last time and was kicking myself for it...

Just farm glimmer on exclusion zone if you want to upgrade bad enough.

Kamina

Golden Boy

I liked the Hawkmoon gift he had for me...

Sullichin

You from EU?
no. I'm in NJ USA at the moment.

Got a legendary ship for bringing that terrible gun into control! Yeah, it's not a viable PVP weapon, still don't understand what Bungie was thinking we should use it for. I got some kills but it at least needs unflinching. It is so cumbersome to aim. You miss that first shot you are fucked. Which I suppose makes sense. I don't see how The Master perk would help in PVP at all. Maybe if it makes the next body shot a 1 hit kill, but even then.

Some guy on my iron banner team only used NLB and wrecked with it. You probably just have to leave your comfort zone and adapt. I am definitely buying one.

void666

Banned
Well, time to play evil within. Or shadow of mordor. Or GTAV. Or alien isolation. Or Dragon Age. Or the first victim, dead rising 3. I was playing DR3 when destiny was released. Never touched DR3 again. Or i'll just keep trying to log in...

This is getting ridiculous. If Bungie doesn't extend Xur I will be really disappointed with them. Not fair at all

I'm more concerned with not being able to play salvage before the reset and missing out on the lordship. Should have played earlier in the week when friends offered. I wouldn't be surprised if this went on for a couple of days

Namikaze1

So for the one who can log in, what is Xur selling this week?
Xur's wares:
Armamentarium Titan 138 disc 13 coins
Aclyophage Hunter 87 disc 13 coins
Claws of Ahamkara Warlock 49 disc 49 str 13 coins
No Land Beyond (crap primary sniper) 17 coins
Exotic shard 7 coins

Upgrades:
Alpha Lupi hunter 7607 glimmer
Ahamkaras spine hunter 7127 glimmer
Helm of Saint 14 7841 glimmer
Inmost Light 7451 glimmer
Praxic Fire 7297 glimmer
Suros 7789 glimmer
Red Death 7307 glimmer
The Last Word 7559 glimmer
Thunderlord 7681 glimmer
Super Good Advice 7817 glimmer
Gjallarhorn 7933 glimmer
Hawkmoon 7793 glimmer

Pulse, fusion and MG telemetry
Plasma drive/void drive for sparrow

Mindlog

Would immediately upgrade Gjallarhorn if I could log on.
Thunderlord is mildly tempting, but I rarely use it and when I do the extra damage doesn't seem worth the grind. Hawkmoon is nice, but I hate the sound it makes. Needs a quick satisfying 'boom' without all the top end noise. It's extremely grating on headphones and fatigue sets in before the first clip is empty.

Would look at the Warlock Claws and just shake my damned head. That passive agressive hatred of Warlocks can't stop our shine.

Sullichin

Some guy on my iron banner team only used NLB and wrecked with it. You probably just have to leave your comfort zone and adapt. I am definitely buying one.
i did well with it last match actually but I still think it's terrible. Would have done better with another weapon and the people I was playing against were bad. It is a fun novelty though. I like how it feels different from the other weapons

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
No Land Beyond should've been an awesome gun if the reload speed boost perk affected it's bolt action animation, gave ammo direct to magazine if precision shot. But no. Bungie is fucking dumb.

coy

i'm nearly alone here too heh
There is one guy who came in afterwards but he's part of a different unit altogether. He doesn't care that I'm just lounging in the break room reading GAF and waiting for the day to end. I may take an extended lunch if the good restaurants are open today.

Zocano

i did well with it last match actually but I still think it's terrible. Would have done better with another weapon and the people I was playing against were bad. It is a fun novelty though. I like how it feels different from the other weapons

I feel like this is the whole point of exotics that people seem to miss. Or at least that's how I always viewed exotics.

Of course, gimmick items tend to be shit because they're not efficient or optimized but y'know.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
No Land Beyond should've been an awesome gun if the reload speed boost perk affected it's bolt action animation, gave ammo direct to magazine if precision shot. But no. Bungie is fucking dumb.

We're all basically NLB beta testers at this point. If people don't do well with it and drop it, they'll buff it a bit and watch again. It would be nice if they did this sort of stuff internally first...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Since PSN is still down everyone should totally take an exotic of their choice and explain how they would fix it or make it better.

Top Bottom