• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Yup. People should wait to put radiant shards into their CE raid armor until they're ready to go to 32 and until they are sure they don't want to switch to armor with different stats as soon as it drops because armor drops appear to be more frequent.

Going to wait till have rolls that I like. Boots I have are 146 discipline so Im good there.

LiK

Yup. People should wait to put radiant shards into their CE raid armor until they're ready to go to 32 and until they are sure they don't want to switch to armor with different stats as soon as it drops because armor drops appear to be more frequent.

I didn't expect to get a double. But yea, intellect is way more useful than strength esp for PVP. I already have 14 rad shards so it should max out very soon by next week. Man, what a grind.

Guess I'm glad I didn't shard the dupe. Intellect is the best.

coy

I didn't expect to get a double. But yea, intellect is way more useful than strength esp for PVP. I already have 14 rad shards so it should max out very soon by next week. Man, what a grind.

Guess I'm glad I didn't shard the dupe. Intellect is the best.
I did something similar. I got a chest for my Hunter but it was all Strength. My gloves were all Intellect. I knew I would max the gloves out, but I mistakenly used the shards on my chest. It's gonna suck seeing a better chestpiece drop in the coming weeks.

gdt

Reposting cause it was at the bottom.

Anyone else looking to raid? Crota's End. Starting as soon as we have 6. I'm bringing my 31 Titan.

1. Gdt

Ps4 gdt5016

LiK

Are you guys open to lvl 29 for CE Raid? I want my Hunter to join a group today. She won't reach 30 before reset cuz collecting Sapphire Wire is taking ages.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are you guys open to lvl 29 for CE Raid? I want my Hunter to join a group today. She won't reach 30 before reset cuz collecting Sapphire Wire is taking ages.

I'm sure you know this, but I always put my undecoded engrams in the my vault, and then have the character who needs mats decode them.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I ploughed through the raid 3 times, 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies and more all yesterday morning. I haven't been on since 2pm yesterday and likely won't be until this Friday in the afternoon.

I am very busy getting ready for dinner tonight, we are hosting both my wife's and my side of the family at our house tonight. First time hosting a dinner of this magnitude so it is a little daunting. My kids are super excited for Santa and the house is crazy town. I'm sorry if I missed on raids and other weekly groups due to things being so hectic. Starting Friday things will be back to normal.

I hope everyone has a great next couple days and that you make great memories with the ones you love! I have made great friends here, amazing memories I will never forget and we will continue to do so into the new year. Happy whatever you celebrate and thank you all for such a welcoming, loving, fun and helping community of gamers!

Thanks!
Anthony (Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man)

Shito

That moment when 3 people are teleported and all you hear over the mic is "oooh, i uh, don't do relic, sorry."

facepalm.gif
Hahaha.
Yeah, I don't know what's up with the aversion some people have for the relic.
It's really not that hard / complicated, it only takes a few tries to understand how it works. I kinda like holding the relic, for the templar or Atheon. It's a nice change of pace in the game from just "shooting stuff".

Do we get more radiant shards when you breakdown leveled raid gear? Or is it just random between 2 or 3 (or only 2)?

have a dupe fully leveled except for putting shards into it and was hoping to get more than 2. Guess I'll find out when I get home today.

E92 M3

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I ploughed through the raid 3 times, 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies and more all yesterday morning. I haven't been on since 2pm yesterday and likely won't be until this Friday in the afternoon.

I am very busy getting ready for dinner tonight, we are hosting both my wife's and my side of the family at our house tonight. First time hosting a dinner of this magnitude so it is a little daunting. My kids are super excited for Santa and the house is crazy town. I'm sorry if I missed on raids and other weekly groups due to things being so hectic. Starting Friday things will be back to normal.

I hope everyone has a great next couple days and that you make great memories with the ones you love! I have made great friends here, amazing memories I will never forget and we will continue to do so into the new year. Happy whatever you celebrate and thank you all for such a welcoming, loving, fun and helping community of gamers!

Thanks!

What are you guys doing for food lol? Sounds like a fun party.

What are you guys doing for food lol? Sounds like a fun party.

Turkeys, stuffing, green bean casserole, lasagna, perogies, various salads, beef on a bun, veggie and meat trays, shrimp, spinach dip, and more I am forgetting.

There will be like 30 people here in 7 hours. Ahhhhhh

realcZk

the ability to exchange energy for shards is cool

too bad ill have all the shards i could ever need before ill hit rank 4 eris
hell, i probably wont even hit rank 4 by the time the next DLC comes out

Deku Tree

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thanks!

Merry Xmas Cosmos!

E92 M3

Turkeys, stuffing, green bean casserole, lasagna, perogies, various salads, beef on a bun, veggie and meat trays, shrimp, spinach dip, and more I am forgetting.

There will be like 30 people here in 7 hours. Ahhhhhh

Damn, that sounds good! Enjoy your holidays!

Happy Holidays Everyone! The GAF Destiny community is my favorite gaming community that I have been fortunate enough to play with!

Indeed! This is a great place to whine and grind :p

I'll be playing on Christmas.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thanks!
Merry Christmas Byron :)

LiK

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thanks!

Hey man, you're supposed to be grinding instead.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Cool that makes 3 of us.

1. Gdt
2. Lady
3. Lnkn52
4. Lnkn52's friend

Need 2 more for a CE raid. And yes I have a checkpoint so we can skip the Deathsinger haha.

I'm down, 31 hunter. Just need to switch weapons. PSN Daraman

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thanks!

Merry Christmas, Byron

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thanks!
Merry Christmas :) Enjoyed the CE raids with you.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Take care Cosmos.

Going to watch the Hobbit with a bunch of people then it's the typical get drunk, play games, give out presents and hang out with the family. They'll end up playing dance central and smash and I'll probably end up playing Destiny.

Anyone think ascendent stuff will still be relavent in the next DLC? I'm well over 100 for energies and nearing that for shards. Wonder if I should even bother getting more if it's just going to be useless.

Reposting cause it was at the bottom.

Anyone else looking to raid? Crota's End. Starting as soon as we have 6. I'm bringing my 31 Titan.

1. Gdt

Ps4 gdt5016

I'm in. Hunter 31. silvertongueBR.

If you guys are full, I want to run another weekly and nightfall.

LiK

Take care Cosmos.

Going to watch the Hobbit with a bunch of people then it's the typical get drunk, play games, give out presents and hang out with the family. They'll end up playing dance central and smash and I'll probably end up playing Destiny.

Anyone think ascendent stuff will still be relavent in the next DLC? I'm well over 100 for energies and nearing that for shards. Wonder if I should even bother getting more if it's just going to be useless.

Bungie will find a way to make people use those ass energy/shards.

Hey man, you're supposed to be grinding instead.

I know! The worst part is that my wife's mom is coming over to our new house for the first time. So she will want a tour and I'm cleaning every part of the house. Can't just clean the spots people will be hanging out in.

Gahhhhh

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, spending the day with the kids and setting up a million toys and such. Then dinner at a family friends where I will not have to do anything.

LiK

I know! The worst part is that my wife's mom is coming over to our new house for the first time. So she will want a tour and I'm cleaning every part of the house. Can't just clean the spots people will be hanging out in.

Gahhhhh

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, spending the day with the kids and setting up a million toys and such. Then dinner at a family friends where I will not have to do anything.

I have to go to a family party as well. Not really in the mood. Not a fan of parties. :p

coy

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thanks!
Sounds like a great day ahead for you! Merry Xmas to you and the DestinyGAF community at large. This place is amazing and has made the game a much funner experience.

deafmedal

Merry Ritual of Negation and Happy Presence of Crota to all, and to all a good Nightfall :)

May RNGsus fill your socks with Wolfpack rounds and a never ending supply of special ammo!

And unless I missed it, May Todd and I continue to freeze our asses off, dreaming only of chainmail and burning hearts to keep us warm. Fuck you Raul and Xür, jump off the tower you pricks >:p

Merry Ritual of Negation and Happy Presence of Crota to all, and to all a good Nightfall :)

May RNGsus fill your socks with Wolfpack rounds and a never ending supply of special ammo!

And unless I missed it, May Todd and I continue to freeze our asses off, dreaming only of chainmail and burning hearts to keep us warm. Fuck you Raul and Xür, jump off the tower you pricks >:p

Amazing! This and phen0ms poem made me smile :)

Any sign of our holiday surprise in the tower yet? Come on Bungie! I will try and make it on if something shows up.

Jinjo

2 weeklies & nightfalls down and it's anything but christmas. Two shitty weapons from
Nightfall. In fact, the weeklies both dropped legendary engrams for me with better gear than that from the nightfall.

One alt to go, but I'm not expecting much.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Huh, the second Raid chestpiece I got has Intellect while the one I maxed does not. Fuck, this means I need to grind for Radiant Shards for it.....

That's why I haven't upgraded any pieces, want the best optimal set with stats I like

My Titan has Raid STR stat boots, I don't want pure STR on them, maybe a shared slot with INT/DIS but no just pure STR
So hoping for boots again on Titan next week, gauntlets have INT/DIS so they are keepers

Dave_6

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thanks!

Merry Christmas Byron! Hope you and your family have a great time together!

Top Bottom