• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Greenymac

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I ploughed through the raid 3 times, 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies and more all yesterday morning. I haven't been on since 2pm yesterday and likely won't be until this Friday in the afternoon.

I am very busy getting ready for dinner tonight, we are hosting both my wife's and my side of the family at our house tonight. First time hosting a dinner of this magnitude so it is a little daunting. My kids are super excited for Santa and the house is crazy town. I'm sorry if I missed on raids and other weekly groups due to things being so hectic. Starting Friday things will be back to normal.

I hope everyone has a great next couple days and that you make great memories with the ones you love! I have made great friends here, amazing memories I will never forget and we will continue to do so into the new year. Happy whatever you celebrate and thank you all for such a welcoming, loving, fun and helping community of gamers!

Thanks!
Anthony (Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man)

Happy Holidays brethren!! Im off work until January 5 so Ill be up for anything when you're ready to play more.

Ambitious

Wow, the Urzok encounter is a huge mess. When I did it the first time, he went down extremely fast, but this time I barely scratched him. Dozens of adds and only one other player around.

EL CUCO

I thought the game remembered what you had received in previous Raid loot drops and minimized dupes.

I have now received boots twice and the chest piece twice on two different toons...where the heck are my Gloves?

Steroyd

Take care Cosmos.

Going to watch the Hobbit with a bunch of people then it's the typical get drunk, play games, give out presents and hang out with the family. They'll end up playing dance central and smash and I'll probably end up playing Destiny.

Anyone think ascendent stuff will still be relavent in the next DLC? I'm well over 100 for energies and nearing that for shards. Wonder if I should even bother getting more if it's just going to be useless.

If the dark below is any indication, you're going to need a silly amount of ass shards/energy to get your chars to level 33 to be able to complete the level 34 house of Wolves raid... Sorry level 32 house of Wolves raid.

LiK

I thought the game remembered what you had received in previous Raid loot drops and minimized dupes.

I have now received boots twice and the chest piece twice on two different toons...where the heck are my Gloves?

Nami and I both got the exact same drops including second Titan chest pieces. Annoying.

Finally got my first Crota kill in last night. Stayed up til 3AM to do it but I got Hunger of Crota from it so it was totally worth it.

I'm just happy gear drops seem to be more common now. I ran VoG a ridiculous amount of times and still never got the gear drops I needed to hit 30. With this new expansion I'm 3 weeks in and all I'm missing is the chestpiece.

Reposting this cause it's still damn good.

sZfX3c9.gif
LOl thats great.
Happy Holidays Everyone!

I ploughed through the raid 3 times, 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies and more all yesterday morning. I haven't been on since 2pm yesterday and likely won't be until this Friday in the afternoon.

I am very busy getting ready for dinner tonight, we are hosting both my wife's and my side of the family at our house tonight. First time hosting a dinner of this magnitude so it is a little daunting. My kids are super excited for Santa and the house is crazy town. I'm sorry if I missed on raids and other weekly groups due to things being so hectic. Starting Friday things will be back to normal.

I hope everyone has a great next couple days and that you make great memories with the ones you love! I have made great friends here, amazing memories I will never forget and we will continue to do so into the new year. Happy whatever you celebrate and thank you all for such a welcoming, loving, fun and helping community of gamers!

Thanks!
Anthony (Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man)
Happy Holidays to you and destinygaf as well! To next years grind!

I don't get to play with any of you awesome people cause I chose the wrong box to buy this on. You guys are still in my heart and well wishes for the holiday. Merry Christmas fellow guardians. Hope Xur and RNGesus give u what you've been praying for.

Xbox one GT: Panama chief

I will be on from 2pm today til maybe 5pm tomorrow.

Ambitious

I've received three or four glove dupes now, but no boots at all.

R0ckman

E. I have a New Monarchy Red Hand with Zen Moment, Explosive Rounds, and Third Eye that is my king of the hill for PvP.

I really need this damn gun, have been grinding new monarchy for it to drop. Hate that the level up packages can give you nothing. I'm getting tired of this crap.

deafmedal

I've received HoC all three times with my warlock... 4 altogether from 7 clears. But I've only gotten 1 shader and emblem per character! Better system confirmed :(

Can't complain too much tho, solo chest is 3/9 for exotics, would be great if those odds stay roughly the same!

Deku Tree

I got two full sets of warlock raid armor except no helmets. I hope it just gives you a higher chance to not get dupes but we don't really know. That GI article said the game is aware of your previous drops or something like that... Definitely didn't say "no dupes". It definitely doesn't keep track of what your alts get or what you have equipped. Next time we play you'll get gloves and be using the Sony golds I hope.

And I might be 32.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Merry Christmas Guardians!

Level 31 Titan Defender looking for Hard VoG. I have a Templar checkpoint as well. PSN Tokunbo.

xErotic

Sorry if I missed this when I was skimming through the thread but should I be saving my blue engrams when I hit the level cap or not?

Yeah, Smarter RNG in new raid was a talking point.... dont believe it, I know people on there 6th Black Hammer.

realcZk

I got it as well..I feel your pain brother

it looks awesome! but:

- no tracking???
- slow velocity makes it super easy to miss targets that barely even move
- low damage so far (havent unlocked the solar flare but dont have my hopes up)

did i mention it looks awesome though

E92 M3

God no.

It was awful. I did it for the subclass trophies.

And that's why I will never get those achievements lol.

Leveling is fun. Its the unskippable story which sucks big time. I have 2x31 char, I need to start third, but that story :(

What's your trick to do it quickly?

I don't get to play with any of you awesome people cause I chose the wrong box to buy this on. You guys are still in my heart and well wishes for the holiday. Merry Christmas fellow guardians. Hope Xur and RNGesus give u what you've been praying for.

I'm on Xbox; will add you.

4 upgrades away from 32 and 2 of them I'd be able to do if only I was rank 4 with Eris. -_-

I am dependent on Eris as well. I'm sure to get to rank 4 by Tuesday, but the grind is real.

Deku Tree

it looks awesome! but:

- no tracking???

Really? Ridiculous... Trash exotic confirmed if true. No exotic RL deserves to be called exotic without tracking.

One XB1, add me, Toejam2501

it looks awesome! but:

- no tracking???

It does like awesome but that's about it so far. Will lvl it up still after the truth. Anyone want to do the weekly? Psn iRAWRasaurus

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry if I missed this when I was skimming through the thread but should I be saving my blue engrams when I hit the level cap or not?
Depends on how well-equipped you are at your level, but it's not a bad idea. You can jump from 20 to 24 instantly if you have enough stockpiled. Remember to equip any light upgrade pieces each time you get one before opening the rest

R0ckman

That very well could be what they intended, but the coding job in this game so far has been less than stellar.

Rixa

And that's why I will never get those achievements lol.

What's your trick to do it quickly?

I'm on Xbox; will add you.

I am dependent on Eris as well. I'm sure to get to rank 4 by Tuesday, but the grind is real.
Dont have trick :(. I remote play Destiny with PS Vita (at home tho), grinding teeth & levels. Try to be lucky with public events, do bounties. I basically ignore story and finish it overleveled & normal difficulty. I.e. Doing levels outside of story. Iam going to do another Sunbro, got exotic Apotheosis helmet waiting in vault.

rNilla

Eris Bounties are even more boring than the regular ones.
I wish there were more creative bounties, like kill a Gatelord with melee, but judging by reactions to the should charge wizards one people wouldn't like that either. Bungie can't win.

I actually like the throwing knife vs Hive bounty, that's a lot of fun.

Top Bottom