• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Wow, the Urzok encounter is a huge mess. When I did it the first time, he went down extremely fast, but this time I barely scratched him. Dozens of adds and only one other player around.
This is a pretty big problem. You almost have to have more that two players to take him out, especially when there's a shit ton of enemies targeting you. I've tried 3 or 4 times with my Titan to no avail, and I was dumping Thunderlord rounds into him. That shield regenerates so fast, and I'm nearly at death's door by the time it's popped the first time. bleh

LiK

I wish there were more creative bounties, like kill a Gatelord with melee, but judging by reactions to the should charge wizards one people wouldn't like that either. Bungie can't win.

I actually like the throwing knife vs Hive bounty, that's a lot of fun.

I don't mind those class specific ones but they should give more XP since they rotate so often.

Ambitious

This is a pretty big problem. You almost have to have more that two players to take him out, especially when there's a shit ton of enemies targeting you. I've tried 3 or 4 times with my Titan to no avail, and I was dumping Thunderlord rounds into him. That shield regenerates so fast, and I'm nearly at death's door by the time it's popped the first time. bleh

I waited for the next encounter. This time, two other players were participating, but one was only level six. We managed to defeat him, though.

Rehsa

Sweet, got Mida from the first Crota chest, alt was shards. Hope there are good nightfall loots left when I am able to do it this weekend. Happy Holidays Destiny GAF!

Cornbread78

So what is the defacto quic ked way to get enough Hy Essence to level up the legendary gear? I'very been stuck at Lvl 27 because there never seams to be a way to get enough... It's 25 min per upgrade... uugghh

rNilla

I don't mind those class specific ones but they should give more XP since they rotate so often.
Also, as mentioned a dozen times before, normal bounties that are basically "do this Strike" should be 5000 exp. Makes no sense that they are 2500 while
"kill this yellow bar enemy" ones are 5k.

P.S. More bounties please. Seems like a small pool.

Tawpgun

Crota is a weird fight. We might need to switch out strategy up. We can either kill him in one go or it takes like a fuckin hour.

I hear everyone but sniper team being in the pit is the best. My teams usually stick to one of the sides, wait for Crota to move/If he's freshly moved, kill sword bearer and use hunter camo strat.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So hit 20 last night and equipped the Level 20 gear you get fro The Dark Below expansion. Went up to Light Level 22. Ok, now I can finally start looking for higher levels of gear. First course of action?

Cruxist

Welp, finally hit 20 with my Warlock alt today. The gear I had stashed up got me to 26, and god it feels good to use real weapons with her.

But lordy lordy, it is intimidating knowing that I basically just have to do Roc strikes constantly now to get the upgrade mats to get even remotely close to 30.

I guess my next big milestone will be self-res...

Deku Tree

Not really great for me. Fuckers keep dropping weapon engrams for me.

You could get a crew together and do a VoG GK glimmer farm and go buy 250 glimmer helmets from the vanguard quartermaster and dismantle them. 30 minutes should get you at least 25 class mats or more.

Please excuse the ignorance, but RoC? Crota? The dlc strikes?

It's the vanguard ROC strike playlist. It requires you to own the TDB DLC.

EL CUCO

I got two full sets of warlock raid armor except no helmets. I hope it just gives you a higher chance to not get dupes but we don't really know. That GI article said the game is aware of your previous drops or something like that... Definitely didn't say "no dupes". It definitely doesn't keep track of what your alts get or what you have equipped. Next time we play you'll get gloves and be using the Sony golds I hope.

And I might be 32.

I hope so man! I still have 2 more abyss runs on my Warlocks, so hopefully I can get gloves there this week. I don't think I can handle another VoG situation of waiting 3 months for Boots to drop.

If you hit 32, you're giving Crota a whack with the Machete lol

LiK

You could get a crew together and do a VoG GK glimmer farm and go buy 250 glimmer helmets from the vanguard quartermaster and dismantle them. 30 minutes should get you at least 25 class mats or more.

It's the vanguard ROC strike playlist. It requires you to own the TDB DLC.

Ah, I actually have max glimmer atm. Gonna buy the shit outta them then. Thanks.

hydruxo

Is the ATS/8 Arachnid any good? Already using the Achlyophage Symbiote.

The golden gun zoom is pretty cool from what I've used of it, but I've yet to bring into pvp so I'm not sure how useable it'd be because golden gun already has pretty good range. I'd stick with Symbiote.

wbarreda

I don't get to play with any of you awesome people cause I chose the wrong box to buy this on. You guys are still in my heart and well wishes for the holiday. Merry Christmas fellow guardians. Hope Xur and RNGesus give u what you've been praying for.

Xbox one GT: Panama chief

I will be on from 2pm today til maybe 5pm tomorrow.

I added you. I am looking to do nightfall sometime tomorrow if you are available

Coconut

Banned
So hit 20 last night and equipped the Level 20 gear you get fro The Dark Below expansion. Went up to Light Level 22. Ok, now I can finally start looking for higher levels of gear. First course of action?

Crucible and vanguard marks and buy some purps and put on a podcast or two and run ROC playlist. Once you get level 26 or higher find some kind people to drag your through Normal VoG glass for ascendant material.

Steroyd

it looks awesome! but:

- no tracking???
- slow velocity makes it super easy to miss targets that barely even move
- low damage so far (havent unlocked the solar flare but dont have my hopes up)

did i mention it looks awesome though

You're right not to get your hopes up on the solar flare, it should at least be sunbreakers tier to even be a justified exotic.

Lima

All this Dragons Beath shit talk. It fucking wrecks both the Deathsinger and Crota. Wait for the Deathsinger to begin her song at which point she is completely stationary. At this point two rockets from the breath are enough to kill her cause she won't move out of that solar flare. Same deal with Crota. He takes the sun like a boss( guess they changed boss AI to not back up from area damage effects after Templar and Atheon hehe).

phen0m24

Merry Christmas and happy holidays you bunch of GAFers. Thanks Byron for your kind words and deaf that was inspiring.

Thanks for taking a noob in and making me
and my offspring
feel so welcome. I brag on this community all the time. A bunch of hard core amazing gamers, who will:
Run a Nightfall with you, even if you're underleveled and just hoping for loot;
Bang out a weekly just because they have a few spare minutes;
Run sword on the raid they've beaten 9 times already that day
Pop into your daily because they have a Horn and a bubble :)
Help you finish PvP bounties because you stink at it
Laugh at your jokes and terrible impressions

And the list goes on.

For the occasional crap "gamers" catch - you guys are freaking amazing!

chifanpoe

I just picked up the PS4 Destiny bundle. Played it for a few hours and really like the game. (only lvl 7 Warlock so far) I would love to join up with anyone still playing looking to help out a new player.

PSN = chifanpoe

KodaRuss

Got a Hawkmoon finally from a Roc strike this morning. I have almost every exotic except for the PS exclusives and been playing nonstop since launch. Great early christmas present, it rocks.

Made up for my crappy nightfall loot- 9 coins, devil you dont-meh (has field scout though) and 5 coins.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays you bunch of GAFers. Thanks Byron for your kind words and deaf that was inspiring.

and my offspring
feel so welcome. I brag on this community all the time. A bunch of hard core amazing gamers, who will:

And the list goes on.

Merry Christmas, Colonel - and your impressions are great. Your jokes, on the other hand...

First course of action is to read Hawkian's guides in the first post for post-Level 20. The explain so much that the game does not.

realcZk

and my offspring

And the list goes on.

MswNoi5.gif

So I wonder if Bungie's new Loot distribution system for the Raid works.

Like, does it only scan your current inventory? Does it scan your vault? Does it scan your other characters?

Or does it not scan anything and just keep track of everything it's given to you?

I'm asking because I got my Titan Gloves from the Lanturn completion last week, and now I've got the Titan Gloves again from the Lanturn completion this week.

Basically, I hope it was okay to dismantle the second pair.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks guys.

Went from having 0 Titan raid gear to 2/4. Ironic that it was stuff I already had exotic slots for. And what's with this game giving me rocket launchers, gotten 5 launchers in the last two days. One of them was the Horn of course. I already have the Hunger of Crota. I guess it's free shards so oh well.

Top Bottom