• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

hydruxo

you can't complain about getting a legendary from nightfall. the fact that its useless is another point, actually pulse rifles aren't as bad as they used to be.

but you still got a purple weapon from nightfall, many people have seen much worse for weeks or months on end.

I'd rather get shards or coins than a legendary pulse rifle that I'd never use tbh

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On this Christmas eve, I'm offering a prayer for all Guardians:

"Our Father, who art in Destiny, Exotics be thy name.

Level 32 will come, when the grind is done, on Crota’s End as it was in Vault of Glass.

Give us this day our daily shards,
and forgive us our anger, when the Cryptarch would turn purples to blues.

Lead us not into Xur without coins, and deliver us from Bungie's next patch.

Hail Crota, full of cheese, Atheon's RNG is with thee.

Blessed is the Gjallarhorn among heavy weapons, and blessed is the fruit of its barrel - Wolfpack Rounds.

Holy Eris, mother of overpriced DLC, pray for us now and in the hour of hard mode raid."

Cheers!
Amen

Just came back from picking up GF's Christmas gift and bought this for myself: Very Expensive Samsung TV

Did you do any research?

I've been using a 52" Sharp Aquos LCD that I bought brand new back in 2007.

Earlier this month my wife won a 55" RCA LED from her Xmas party at work.

I tried the RCA only to find that it had a terrible response time. I went from an 74% win ratio in Rumble, to being lucky to not get last place. Everything just felt the tiniest bit sluggish.

joecanada

I'd rather get shards or coins than a legendary pulse rifle that I'd never use tbh

ya i feel that but that's a problem with the bungie gun system, not RNG....

also coins are becoming increasingly useless in this game and am I the only one who hates seeing exotics pop up now?? I don't get the love for exotics, you basically are always choosing either IB or GH or say a primary, everything else is just "for fun" except they take forever to level.

For instance I am levelling monte carlo and thorn now for two weeks, they are only about half way up, and I still will be running IB on most raids.... feels a bit pointless at times....
give me purples all day.

Messiek

Even with the raid loot being underwhelming, shards and energy, I'm happy with my week so far. Über Gjallarhorn and Monte Carlo : )

Lima

I didn't even realize that the Eidolon Ally only has 324 attack rating. Anyone else think that the Necrochasm might have a higher attack rating than all other weapons like the Vex had? I'm thinking around 350.

Did you do any research?

I've been using a 52" Sharp Aquos LCD that I bought brand new back in 2007.

Earlier this month my wife won a 55" RCA LED from her Xmas party at work.

I tried the RCA only to find that it had a terrible response time. I went from an 74% win ratio in Rumble, to being lucky to not get last place. Everything just felt the tiniest bit sluggish.

Does it only have 60ghz refresh? Many tvs with good deals are only 60ghz and that's no bueno for gaming. Does it have a "game mode"? Some tvs lag while gaming unless you put them in game mode.

Is Crota dropping exotics for the swordbearer? Last night I run sword, exotic. This morning I run sword, exotic.

Both exotic shotguns but still, exotics.

I got Hard light running the soared yesterday, but didn't see any exotics the other 20 times I did.

realcZk

Does it only have 60ghz refresh? Many tvs with good deals are only 60ghz and that's no bueno for gaming. Does it have a "game mode"? Some tvs lag while gaming unless you put them in game mode.

i can't stand to use anything other than a good pc monitor for gaming these days, lag in TVs are too noticeable. i went from my 50" LG (17ms+ - more than a whole frame) to a 24" asus vg24qe (1ms) and the difference is extremely noticeable.

60hz is fine for console gaming since most dont even do 60fps anyhow. the 120hz refresh rate you see on TVs nowadays are "fake", double frame garbage to make it look more "cinematic" and makes it a lot worse for gaming. usually you can disable it. with LED screens >50" in size they just cant update fast enough to compete with smaller screens or pc monitors, and they cant achieve true 120hz refresh rates with sub 17ms lag time.

It does not unfortunately. I flipped through setting in hopes of finding something, to no avail.

I'm not surprised that it would be a cheaper end TV. They buy them in bulk to hand out at random at the Xmas party. As in, they buy about 30 TVs to split amongst 600 employees. So I know there is a factor of quantity over quality.

I'm not bummed out about it. Honestly, I love my Aquos, and it has served me well for 7 year. I was honestly afraid to get rid of it.

We'll probably pass the 55" off to some family after Xmas or something.

Wallach

That is probably the first time I have ever heard someone call 60hz not good for gaming. Especially considering the PS4 can't output anything higher.

bucyou55

Banned
you can't complain about getting a legendary from nightfall. the fact that its useless is another point, actually pulse rifles aren't as bad as they used to be.

but you still got a purple weapon from nightfall, many people have seen much worse for weeks or months on end.

Yeah you;re right

I suppose Im still salty about a full CE run and getting shards/energy every chest and drop....

I just know I felt like such a techno-snob. I looked at the specs, and my old TV had a 4ms response time, and the new RCA had a 6.5ms response time.

Know what those units are, I refuse to believe that the difference between the two would be noticed by any human, and yet I kept finding myself over correcting for every headshot I would take.

That is probably the first time I have ever heard someone call 60hz not good for gaming. Especially considering the PS4 can't output anything higher.

This is true, my mind was thinking 60hz sucks in general because I like to watch sports and I remember reading some people having lag issues while gaming so I kind of grouped those thoughts together, my bad. I still stand by saying 60hz aren't worth buying ;p He got it for free though so can't complain.

As for 120, my new tv doesn't have any lag at all. In fact, supposedly it does outside of gaming mode but I've been playing on Dynamic with no issues thus far.

Guys, my wifi is working fine and my ps4 is connected to router via power link but it keeps telling me 'cannot obtain IP address'. I'm not great with this stuff, so what do i do? I've already reset the router several times

Guys, my wifi is working fine and my ps4 is connected to router via power link but it keeps telling me 'cannot obtain IP address'. I'm not great with this stuff, so what do i do? I've already reset the router several times

Go into your PS4's network settings and create your connection from scratch.

EL CUCO

PS4 WiFi is the worst. I had this happen all night to me. I eventually had to switch to wired connection.

Top Bottom