• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Lima

Man, I wished I knew how to solo the bridge with a Hunter.

You activate the middle platform by stepping in it and then going up the stairs to that middle room where the swordbearer comes out. Go all the way to the back and hop on the pillar. Sit there for a second to despawn all enemies on your side and spawn the enemies on the other.

Now go back out and hop on a pillar and snipe dem Ogres. Watch out for that Swordbearer. He might be stupid but he will still be running around.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Gauntlets has Intellect and Strength. Seems I hit the jackpot with that one.

Man, I wished I knew how to solo the bridge with a Hunter.

You activate the middle platform by stepping in it and then going up the stairs to that middle room where the swordbearer comes out. Go all the way to the back and hop on the pillar. Sit there for a second to despawn all enemies on your side and spawn the enemies on the other.

Now go back out and hop on a pillar and snipe dem Ogres. Watch out for that Swordbearer. He might be stupid but he will still be running around.

This is how I did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8CuAcA8bOE&feature=youtu.be

Namikaze1

Join us in Skirmish. We wrecking fools even with a random
Let me beat thef bridge and then I'll join. Gonna have to level up my gauntlets anyway.

Thanks! :)

omnigul strike with a group of 3 friends. The begining part where a lot of thrawls and other enemies come at you. I have never upgraded exotic armor as fast as doing that section over and over. As soon as she says "push forward" you kill a couple more of the enemies that spawn as then you let them kill you or you kill yourself. You can also farm glimmer while you're at it

Edit** not sure how many spawns you kill but its got to be around 200 within 2-3min. I would say you earn a couple of thousand XP per death. It's so good for leveling.
I'm going to have to check this out today.

Looking for 4 including a swordbearer for CE @ 3PM eastern...

1. Greenymac 31 hunter
2. TysonBane 31 hunter

Please quote and add yourself as I wont be in the thread constantly...Looking to make it a quick run

hey, I'll join for the run

Also I can do a run right now too, Lik you up for it?

Hiko

Banned
Looks like all the new vendor auto rifles are of the Dr. Nope or Shingen variety. I guess that was to make the Suros more special? No Shadow Price. No Grim Citizen. There is still the V8, but the perks aren't as good as the old one.

Thanks! So anything over 270 is wasted then and has no affect on your cool down speed right?

I almost wonder about that. I need to test this to make sure.

Somehow with my gear I got like 345 DSC, and my grenade cooldown is insanely fast. Like, faster than I remember it being when I was sitting around 94%.

Like, yesterday during Crota, I switched to Defender from Striker, and by the time I left the menu, my grenade had already cooled down about 40%.

Not even exaggerating.

Deku Tree

Looks like all the new vendor auto rifles are of the Dr. Nope or Shingen variety. I guess that was to make the Suros more special? No Shadow Price. No Grim Citizen. There is still the V8, but the perks aren't as good as the old one.

I have found "up for anything" to be good and fun to use. If you want a 331 attack legendary high impact low rate of fire AR via grinding then you you need to buy New Monarchy's Vanquisher III. That's the only one you can currently buy.

Hyun Sai

1. Greenymac 31 hunter
2. TysonBane 31 hunter
3. Hyunsai 31 Warlock

Please quote and add yourself as I wont be in the thread constantly...Looking to make it a quick run

I'm up for it.

Warlock 31.

PSN : Hyunsai

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks guys. Finally got what I wanted. I have everything there is to get from VOG. Wish I could say the same for CE.

FOUR FATEBRINGERSQ! With someone getting two.

8doLoD0.png

Merry Christmas to Destiny GAF. Hope everyone gets what they want.

I have found "up for anything" to be good and fun to use. If you want a 331 attack legendary high impact low rate of fire AR via grinding then you you need to buy New Monarchy's Vanquisher III. That's the only one you can currently buy.

I have that gun, but the SUROS-like perk on it is terrible. It says the bottom half of the clip increases in damage, but when Bullet 1/38 does 104, and bullet 38/38 does 106, I don't really think that counts...

Dammit, my TV just died. Still under warranty but Best Buy won't come out for a week to repair it. What am I going to do until then?

Need to convince the wife that I need a Vita... remote play will get me my fix.

Cornbread78

omnigul strike with a group of 3 friends. The begining part where a lot of thrawls and other enemies come at you. I have never upgraded exotic armor as fast as doing that section over and over. As soon as she says "push forward" you kill a couple more of the enemies that spawn as then you let them kill you or you kill yourself. You can also farm glimmer while you're at it

Edit** not sure how many spawns you kill but its got to be around 200 within 2-3min. I would say you earn a couple of thousand XP per death. It's so good for leveling.

Nice, I'll have to try that one later. I feel like Rudolph being left out of all the raindeer games since I'm not at Lvl 30 yet. I need to get better gear through Nightfall and VoG..

I'm going to have to check this out today.

I'm gonna try it again as well. The first time we tried it we were trying to get glimmer but I realized my Praxic Fire was leveling really fast. Seems like I filled an entire node in around 10min. When Eris say "push forward" some fallen will come down the stairs from where you're supposed to be exiting the area. We killed a couple of those guys and left a few. Not sure what resets the checkpoint but we wanted to play it safe

1. Greenymac 31 hunter
2. TysonBane 31 hunter
6. Katana_Strikes 32 Warlock

Sign me up.

edit: too late I think :(

Hyun Sai

Up for anything is pretty good. It has more impact then Dr Nope or Epilogue by the way. Bought 2 for my characters (dropped the third one).

ocean

Banned
I tried my hardest to beg and will Atheon into dropping that damned exotic launcher and he listened! Except it was Truth (300 attack) and not Gjallarhorn so fuck him. To be fair, it beats chatter and a ship though :p

I tried my hardest to beg and will Atheon into dropping that damned exotic and he listened! Except it was Truth (300 attack) and not Gjallarhorn so fuck him. To be fair, it beats chatter and a ship though :p
Or 2 helemts :p atleast got red death so far..maybe my titan will have better luck in a little bit.

Tokubetsu

Maxed out raid boots and chest on my warlock. Just need the helm to drop to hit 32 but I can't help but shake the feeling I'm gonna be stuck here again until the next expansion drops just like last time.

ocean

Banned
Up for anything is pretty good. It has more impact then Dr Nope or Epilogue by the way. Bought 2 for my characters (dropped the third one).
I think they want to move away from Shadow Price types because they were too damn good. They had a combination of RoF, Range and Stability which made them optimal choice in too many scenarios.

Deku Tree

I almost wonder about that. I need to test this to make sure.

Somehow with my gear I got like 345 DSC, and my grenade cooldown is insanely fast. Like, faster than I remember it being when I was sitting around 94%.

Like, yesterday during Crota, I switched to Defender from Striker, and by the time I left the menu, my grenade had already cooled down about 40%.

Not even exaggerating.

Wow! Would be interesting to see tests.

I have that gun, but the SUROS-like perk on it is terrible. It says the bottom half of the clip increases in damage, but when Bullet 1/38 does 104, and bullet 38/38 does 106, I don't really think that counts...

Yeah that sounds like a ridiculously low amount of bonus damage. Was still a decent AR to buy from the Vanguard and better than the other one they have for sale IMO b

Maxed out raid boots and chest on my warlock. Just need the helm to drop to hit 32 but I can't help but shake the feeling I'm gonna be stuck here again until the next expansion drops just like last time.

I feel the exact same way. All 3 of my characters (1 of each class) are missing chest/helmet. I keep getting boots or gloves and energy.

I'm up for both

I still need Crota for my Warlock and Titan. Can't believe how fast we killed him last night. If you want to run it again tonight please let me know

I feel the exact same way. All 3 of my characters (1 of each class) are missing chest/helmet. I keep getting boots or gloves and energy.

I still need Crota for my Warlock and Titan. Can't believe how fast we killed him last night. If you want to run it again tonight please let me know

Do you have a crota checkpoint? We might have 3-4 people ready

E92 M3

I have one more shot at Fatebringer this week and 0 for Black Hammer :(

I'm going to stop wanting weapons and just play - I don't get what I want.

Ghorn, Ice Breaker, Mythoclast - all weapons I didn't care for until I got them.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'd also be down for Crota, still need it on my hunter. If no one has a crota checkpoint, the closest I have is deathsinger.

R0ckman

Anyone got a strat for a quick level up for a new toon? I'm zero percent interested in a Titan so I'm making another hunter to double my chances for raid gear.

Top Bottom