• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

omnigul strike with a group of 3 friends. The begining part where a lot of thrawls and other enemies come at you. I have never upgraded exotic armor as fast as doing that section over and over. As soon as she says "push forward" you kill a couple more of the enemies that spawn as then you let them kill you or you kill yourself. You can also farm glimmer while you're at it

Edit** not sure how many spawns you kill but its got to be around 200 within 2-3min. I would say you earn a couple of thousand XP per death. It's so good for leveling.

Is this literally the first area as in when you're still outside dealing with Omnigul?

For you bad ass Defender Titans out there, do you prefer using the final perk that makes WoL more powerful? Or do you keep it on the first in that row that makes it so your super cools down faster?

Nori Chan

So got two legendary special engrams from the daily today (doing it twice so far)...so is this extreme luck or is bungie doing something for Christmas?

also apparently you can get a universal remote from a special engram...go figure! Cmon decrypt into no land beyond!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
For you bad ass Defender Titans out there, do you prefer using the final perk that makes WoL more powerful? Or do you keep it on the first in that row that makes it so your super cools down faster?

For PvE I go stronger blessings, for PvP I go reduced cooldown.

Dhruv you're 32 now? Awesome!

I'd be down for a fresh CE run if you're doing it again later. I'm sure you've already done it 8 times this week though, haha.

heh, I don't think i'll be on after running the raid with greeny. Saturday it is.

Dhruv rawr said two swords? Really? Would love to see that in action sometime. Amazing! :)

Psn colonelocorn

Thank you :) I'ts 3 kneels with perfect timing and 4 if I mess up.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Killing a fallen devil walker with Black Hammer.

conair.gif

bucyou55

Banned
so got invited to a LFG team last night for CE, they cheesed the bridge and crota, not sure how I feel about it, but the raid only took like 35 minutes

Deku Tree

With Atheon it can really be done with four competent players and two people who mess up a lot. With Crota if only one person messes up a lot you can wipe over and over again. But if your team is on point then the Crota raid can feel like a strike. VoG never feels like a strike.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just finished Super Good Advice bounty. Any reason to use it over Thunderlord outside of a Solarburn? If not, into the vault you go.
Apparently you can shoot at Oracles and Oversouls without losing ammo? I plan to play around with it a bit soon.

Kssio_Aug

Allright. I have not bought the game before cause I wasnt believing the hype. Some general impressions still dont please me (as bad loot). But I'm thinking about buying it now thats 25% off at Xbox Live, to play with my cousin (that is thinking about buying it aswell).

So... how is it today? Is it worthy it?

Lima

I see. Well that's that. Oversoul is kind of situational and I would more than likely be toating Hunger of Crota sooooo (Atleast until my imminent Gjallarhorn drop supersedes it.)

I mean if our assumption will be correct that the oversoul pops up a bunch of times on its own during hard mode you could have one dedicated oversoul shooter with it. It still does okay damage to Crota's shield so you could also help with taking that down if the other guys are struggling.

vincero

Was about to do the nightfall solo. Noticed a friend doing it and asked if I could join. Received the invite and joined just as he and his buddy dealt the final blow.
He got a legendary engram. His buddy gets 6 strange coins...from Nightfall...wtf. I get HoPF.
Had just got my HoPF upgraded by Xur. Oh well.... an exotic shard for doing nothing--cannot complain. About to shard it and I decide to check the discipline stat...165! Oh wow! Does it go any higher? The Xur version was 139.

But I still feel horrible due to the disproportionate reward for effort compared to my friends.

CREMSteve

Allright. I have not bought the game before cause I wasnt believing the hype. Some general impressions still dont please me (as bad loot). But I'm thinking about buying it now thats 25% off at Xbox Live, to play with my cousin (that is thinking about buying it aswell).

So... how is it today? Is it worthy it?
It's awesome

Deku Tree

I see. Well that's that. Oversoul is kind of situational and I would more than likely be toating Hunger of Crota sooooo (Atleast until my imminent Gjallarhorn drop supersedes it.)

Interesting, may give it a shot there.

The question is really whether it's worth it to use you exotic slot to keep SGA equipped at all times. Or whether some other exotic is a better choice and the advantage given by SGA is not really significant enough to give up some other exotic.

Namikaze1

Dem Roc strikes.

Maybe you'll get another Hawkmoon there -_-
I'm currently doing the bounties available to level up my raid gear. I'm in no rush to get to 32 with my Hunter since all the shards will be going towards my Titan for now. Once my Titan is 32, my Hunter will be next.

Top Bottom