• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Thanks guys. Finally got what I wanted. I have everything there is to get from VOG. Wish I could say the same for CE.

FOUR FATEBRINGERSQ! With someone getting two.

8doLoD0.png

Merry Christmas to Destiny GAF. Hope everyone gets what they want.

TWO FATEBRINGERS???

Leave some for the rest of us!

:p congrats on the drops. Hope Xûr brings a Gjallerhorn this weekend so everyone can have a merry xûrsmas

Gonna need to grind for Sapphire Wire. Need 100 of them and only have 30 on me.
I had to grind 250 in a day once. Best bet is to farm glimmer in the exclusion zone and buy the 250 glimmer armor piece from the vanguard quartermaster near the ship wright. I had needed something like 50,000 glimmer for the sapphire wire and thousands of glimmer to actually spend on upgrade bubbles. Vanguard roc strike is going to take you way longer.

I had to grind 250 in a day once. Best bet is to farm glimmer in the exclusion zone and buy the 250 glimmer armor piece from the vanguard quartermaster near the ship wright. I had needed something like 50,000 glimmer for the sapphire wire and thousands of glimmer to actually spend on upgrade bubbles. Vanguard roc strike is going to take you way longer.

If you can, getting the VoG gatekeeper checkpoint and doing it with a few people is much, much faster.

Hiko

Banned
Anyone else using the new Vanguard sniper? LDR 5001. I got one as a reward and it's by far the best Ice Breaker alternative I've seen. It has the same impact but not quite as much range. But it does have way more stability and the one I rolled has surplus, which kind of makes up for the recharging ammo (I know, not really).

joecanada

So got two legendary special engrams from the daily today (doing it twice so far)...so is this extreme luck or is bungie doing something for Christmas?

also apparently you can get a universal remote from a special engram...go figure! Cmon decrypt into no land beyond!

I guarantee its luck. I will go on late tonight and put hours into crucible and daily and others and get nothing. Bank on it.

Anyone else using the new Vanguard sniper? LDR 5001. I got one as a reward and it's by far the best Ice Breaker alternative I've seen. It has the same impact but not quite as much range. But it does have way more stability and the one I rolled has surplus, which kind of makes up for the recharging ammo (I know, not really).

I got one from the nightfall this week (as well as one of the crucible snipers). I might buy the one from the vanguard though, as it has the wallhack rounds on it.

phen0m24

Yes! Got one from a drop and one from the Qmaster. Loving it maxed. At level 31 in CE it's great!!

My raid group heard all about it as together we melted ogres. :)

k1t4j

Thanks psn for not letting me back in....

Sorry Rawr and Katana i don't think i'll be able to rejoin, really wanted that Atheon kill....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, breakfuss' thread got bombarded quickly. I learned a lesson from it: don't make any positive Destiny threads.

No one fucking cares why you play it, Jesus.

Garbage thread.
now that's class. good stuff.

sort of been through this before; tragically, it's just not really worth it to make threads on gaming side regardless of intent, because the product is so (apparently) inherently divisive.

I'm going to PM kinoki to reach out though, cause I don't think I've seen him/her post in here and we realllllly do have people playing at all hours of the day and night. Everyone should totally get the chance to raid and group up with GAF.

Any Level 30+ Destiny GAFfers wants to try a Christmas Day Flawless Raid trophy run on PS4? Any time after 10 am would be fine by me.

It's been the bane of my existence and my Level 31 Hunter wants to unwrap this trophy as a present. Pretty sure a group of 30+ can get through normal VoG without too much resistance.

1. djblackice

coy

I'm A SHARD away from 31...which means that I won't get one for days. This is why a regular raid group is a must.

Have you done a Public Event? That may be your best bet if you've done the daily already. Also, a regular raid group is great but definitely not a must. Start or join up the numerous VoG lists that occur - the raid is an excellent source for shards. I never run dailies anymore and still have over 100+ of shards and energies and that's after getting 3 characters to 31. Soon enough, you'll be swimming in them like Scrooge McDuck in his money bin.

Bizazedo

Did CE twice last night, once completely legit and once almost completely cheese except for Crota himself.

So annoying how much faster cheese is.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks for the checkpoint Lolli, and the ridiculous Crota stomp Dhruv.

Trying to be excited about my brand new Dragon's Breath, but I already have the horn that sounds the end of the world.
-

Soz for bailing on you pvp bros, had a chance at a quick Crota kill then got forced to interact with family members.

Zakalwe

Banned
No, it's annoying. Like, for right now, the fights are still fun and a lot of people won't get to see it or accomplish it legit because the cheese is sooooo easy.

I don't know, I'm kind of bored of the new raid already. The VoG has so much more atmosphere and sense of adventure to it.

Bizazedo

I don't know, I'm kind of bored if the new raid already. The VoG has so much more atmosphere and sense of adventure to it.

Yeah, we'll all hit that point. Just depends on how many times we run it / how generous the loot drops are.
I do agree that VoG was better in those ways, though.

I haven't found a single group for cheese. Legit is easy.

It is. I'm more annoyed with how much faster the cheese is, though, since that alone will make it more enticing.

LiK

My lvl 27 Warlock got Song of Ir Yurt. Thanks to the awesome raid crew for carrying me in final battle. lol

Deku Tree

Did CE twice last night, once completely legit and once almost completely cheese except for Crota himself.

So annoying how much faster cheese is.

This hasn't been my experience. The raid is fun to do without cheese. And the cheese is not quicker because people mess it up.

Yeah, we'll all hit that point. Just depends on how many times we run it / how generous the loot drops are.
I do agree that VoG was better in those ways, though.

It is. I'm more annoyed with how much faster the cheese is, though, since that alone will make it more enticing.

Cheese is definitely the cheddar way of doing it. It must brie pretty easy.

Top Bottom