• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Lima

I find it interesting that even in full groups people are interested in cheesing. Just like Atheon that is something you can do yourself or with a friend that wants to help. I swear if someone asks me to help them out and I join and then they start talking about cheesing the first part and bridge I'm like bitch why do you even waste my time. You don't need 6 people to do it. Start up the raid yourself, do the lamp explosion jump and cheese the bridge. Takes 10 minutes and you have your loot.

Deku Tree

I find it interesting that even in full groups people are interested in cheesing. Just like Atheon that is something you can do yourself or with a friend that wants to help. I swear if someone asks me to help them out and I join and then they start talking about cheesing the first part and bridge I'm like bitch why do you even waste my time. You don't need 6 people to do it. Start up the raid yourself, do the lamp explosion jump and cheese the bridge. Takes 10 minutes and you have your loot.

I know right. Unless one person is carrying a bunch of 27s through the raid, legit is easy anyway if you have a group of six.

coy

simpsons_tomacco_sheep.png

Destiny players.

Dwalls

Neo Member
now that's class. good stuff.

sort of been through this before; tragically, it's just not really worth it to make threads on gaming side regardless of intent, because the product is so (apparently) inherently divisive.

I'm going to PM kinoki to reach out though, cause I don't think I've seen him/her post in here and we realllllly do have people playing at all hours of the day and night. Everyone should totally get the chance to raid and group up with GAF.

I like Destiny a lot so please don't misunderstand this post. But I don't think the stuff happening gaming side, in Destiny threads, is that loathesome. People voice opinions on the internet in an overly negative, super overblown way by default. And in all honesty Destiny is just a big target for this kind of stuff. Not only because it's such a divisive game, but also because a lot of promises, false advertising and plain old lies have been sold by the marketing/development team. As an example I'd like to note that the back of the box claims that Destiny is a next generation first person shooter with rich cinematic storytelling. In actuality Destiny is a cross-generation first person shooter with poor un-cinematic storytelling. A lot of the pre-release stuff they sold people on ended up being lacking or not even there. Combine this with the fact that Destiny is the most pre-ordered new IP up to date and that spells trouble. A lot of people went in sight unseen, or with minimal beta experience and expected a whole lot more, it's sort of expected that they'd vent their frustration over a wasted purchase somewhere, and unfortunately, for us, the internet is an optimal place to do so.

I play Destiny because I have a self diagnosed addictive personality disorder, I love raiding, and I love chatting with people. I'm not the biggest fan of the day to day strike/mission gameplay myself but that's fine because I engage with it minimally at this point. People that can't do the raid, or haven't put in the time to be able/allowed to do it don't have anything else though, and I can honestly understand their negative opinion quite well and have no qualms about them voicing it in a slightly rude way. I don't let it affect me personally though, and I feel no need to force other people to accept my point of view because I'm probably wearing massive rose/raid coloured glasses.

LiK

Just curious, what weapons come from current CE raid?

I now have 1 Black Hammer, 2 Swordbreakers and 1 Song of Ir Yut

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, not everybody is bored of the new raid yet!

as always, any newbie raids I run are cheese-free, and it's looking like I'll be running an experimental one for CE tonight if there's interest. Stay tuned for more info

This hasn't been my experience. The raid is fun to do without cheese. And the cheese is not quicker because people mess it up.

I had a group take over an hour to do just Crota CP cheese. People finish the whole raid legit in half the time now.

Hope enough gaffers are on this weekend for a fresh CE no cheese run. Want to get this legit.

Lima

I now have 1 Black Hammer, 2 Swordbreakers and 1 Song of air Yut

Black Hammer - Sniper
Light in the abyss - Fusion rifle
Song of Ir Yut - Heavy MG
Hunger of Crota - Rocket Launcher
Swordbreaker - Shotgun

Namikaze1

I now have 1 Black Hammer, 2 Swordbreakers and 1 Song of Ir Yut
You're missing Hunger of Crota and the fusion rifle. There's probably one more though that's the only 5 I know of.

Edit: Lima has you covered. Looks like I'm only missing the fusion rifle.

Bizazedo

This hasn't been my experience. The raid is fun to do without cheese. And the cheese is not quicker because people mess it up.

The group I was in didn't mess up any of the cheese and did Crota legit because legit is faster.

Bridge, Abyss, all becomes insanely fast with cheese.

Was about to do the nightfall solo. Noticed a friend doing it and asked if I could join. Received the invite and joined just as he and his buddy dealt the final blow.
He got a legendary engram. His buddy gets 6 strange coins...from Nightfall...wtf. I get HoPF.
Had just got my HoPF upgraded by Xur. Oh well.... an exotic shard for doing nothing--cannot complain. About to shard it and I decide to check the discipline stat...165! Oh wow! Does it go any higher? The Xur version was 139.

But I still feel horrible due to the disproportionate reward for effort compared to my friends.

Damn I'm jealous in every way. I've yet to attain that even 1.0.

New bad juju maxed.

The super building ability with this thing is absolutely crazy. What a fun gun! Magazine never empties if you can kill everything consistently with less than a full clip.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
From the WTF department + TMI

When I went to sleep earlier today, through out my slumber I kept hearing the Thrall screams, freaked me out twice from my deep sleep and woke me the fuck up

Too much "We've woken the Hive!"

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
New bad juju maxed.

The super building ability with this thing is absolutely crazy. What a fun gun! Magazine never empties if you can kill everything consistently with less than a full clip.

I think it's 3.25x on the Bad Juju ability
Bad Juju + Void Walker w/ Obsidian Mind at least getting multi-kill Nova Bombs = Nova Bombs R' Us

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like Destiny a lot so please don't misunderstand this post. But I don't think the stuff happening gaming side, in Destiny threads, is that loathesome. People voice opinions on the internet in an overly negative, super overblown way by default.
I find that loathsome intrinstically, but we'll live to fight another day.
And in all honesty Destiny is just a big target for this kind of stuff. Not only because it's such a divisive game, but also because a lot of promises, false advertising and plain old lies have been sold by the marketing/development team. As an example I'd like to note that the back of the box claims that Destiny is a next generation first person shooter with rich cinematic storytelling. In actuality Destiny is a cross-generation first person shooter with poor un-cinematic storytelling. A lot of the pre-release stuff they sold people on ended up being lacking or not even there. Combine this with the fact that Destiny is the most pre-ordered new IP up to date and that spells trouble.
That's fair. I mean the way you feel about a game is the way you feel about it. You get to decide what factors are important to you and what aren't. I have my own bundle of opinions on marketing ethos and the concept of "hype," and how gamers should handle these things if they want to be rational consumers... but it's also not for me to dictate and wholly outside of my control.
A lot of people went in sight unseen, or with minimal beta experience and expected a whole lot more, it's sort of expected that they'd vent their frustration over a wasted purchase somewhere, and unfortunately, for us, the internet is an optimal place to do so.
makes sense.

I play Destiny because I have a self diagnosed addictive personality disorder
Heh. I don't know how serious you are about this (that's not an actual disorder), but if you mean it in anything other than tongue-in-cheek terms, and you find Destiny interfering in any practical way with your real life schedule, relationships, etc. you should just consider stopping, forever, right now.

Destiny, like many other games, employs a lot of elements that encourage repeat play (both intensively and longitudinally). It's a perfect example of a game that's a bad idea for people with addictive personalities to play.
I love raiding, and I love chatting with people. I'm not the biggest fan of the day to day strike/mission gameplay myself but that's fine because I engage with it minimally at this point. People that can't do the raid, or haven't put in the time to be able/allowed to do it don't have anything else though
You had be for the first part, but any issues someone on GAF might have getting into a raid group is a seriously solvable problem.
and I can honestly understand their negative opinion quite well
sure.
and have no qualms about them voicing it in a slightly rude way.
I guess. I'm not sure where the line between "slightly rude" and not is exactly.

breakfuss made a thread to offer an explanation, his opinion, as to why he plays in contrast to, for example, a thread titled "Why I sold Destiny" offering an opinion as to why it isn't worth playing. Furthermore he addressed the concept that fans of the game must by definition be the victim of some sort of psychological trick that renders them unable to distinguish actual fun from a kind of Pavlovian reaction to trained stimuli.

Many of the responses engaged on neither of these ideas but instead criticized him for creating the thread at all, and left it at that.

I don't let it affect me personally though, and I feel no need to force other people to accept my point of view because I'm probably wearing massive rose coloured glasses.
Haha, I don't know if this is meant for me or not. But not only do I feel no need whatsoever to force other people to accept my point of view, I know there's absolutely zero hope of doing so. I have offered my point of view with regard to what I like about Destiny, and especially what it is and is not, a few times. Some people disagreed with these opinions while others agreed. That's as good as it gets. I was lucky enough to only have had one person thus far over 13 threads tell me I shouldn't have voiced my opinion in the first place.

Top Bottom