• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Man, I'm closer in terms of gear on my warlock and hunter to hitting level 32 compared to my titan. The only problem is class items. I have maybe 20 wires and essences, but I have 1600+ plasteel plating. So I'm basically forced to wait for my titan to have the gear necessary for 32 unless I want to farm a shit ton of strikes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I got No Land Beyond from my Crota drop. Too bad it's a piece of shit weapon. Why the Black Hammer is better than this is beyond me...

I'm still alive!
tumblr_mc3q9f2uTq1r3pz0yo1_r1_500.gif

good

wasn't meant to kill you

Think I'm going to spend tonight ranking up my Titan and starting up a Warlock; if nothing else but to use the alt toons as gear mules. Have a lot of armor in particular for both classes I need to throw out of the vault as there's no room at all remaining.

definitely no fun for me. i rarely get exotic drops.

Lol it's the opposite for me. I get them fairly often but it's always duplicates. I've gotten 5 icebreakers now. 2 from NF. 1 from a weekly and 2 from the raid.

Damn the hunter raid helm looks sick.

Just need the chest piece now. Or I could finally buy an exotic chest piece.

what's a good hunter exotic chest piece? i only know the helms.

Alpha Lupi looks tight and the faster revives perk is actually pretty useful. Lucky raspberry Is also nice; you spawn with grenade energy and carry more FR and heavy ammo. Good for PvP

LiK

Alpha Lupi looks tight and the faster revives perk is actually pretty useful. Lucky raspberry Is also nice; you spawn with grenade energy and carry more FR and heavy ammo. Good for PvP

yea, i have the Alpha Lupi mainly cuz i think it looks sexy. altho the perks are meh to me. i guess it's good to use in Skirmish.

yea, i have the Alpha Lupi mainly cuz i think it looks sexy. altho the perks are meh to me. i guess it's good to use in Skirmish.

It's been useful on nightfalls when my teammates are both dead and I need to revive them quickly haha. But yeah perks aren't all that great for an exotic. I wear it in the tower because it looks cool c:

I'd probably go with the Lucky Raspberry. Hopefully Xur reciprocates my desires.

Or Bungie wishes us Merry Xmas by making all exotics and upgrades available.

Cømet

Banned
I pay full price for games from developers I know will deliver: Naughty Dog, Rockstar, Nintendo, Gamefreak, and Bioware.

I'd say I do....but I always try for at least £5 off retail if I can. A saving, no matter how small, makes me feel even better about purchases. £33 for Smash, £35 for MK8 with Wind Waker HD freebie, £36 for GTA V PS4...makes the games taste even better :p

On this Christmas eve, I'm offering a prayer for all Guardians:

"Our Father, who art in Destiny, Exotics be thy name.

Level 32 will come, when the grind is done, on Crota’s End as it was in Vault of Glass.

Give us this day our daily shards,
and forgive us our anger, when the Cryptarch would turn purples to blues.

Lead us not into Xur without coins, and deliver us from Bungie's next patch.

Hail Crota, full of cheese, Atheon's RNG is with thee.

Blessed is the Gjallarhorn among heavy weapons, and blessed is the fruit of its barrel - Wolfpack Rounds.

Holy Eris, mother of overpriced DLC, pray for us now and in the hour of hard mode raid."

Cheers!

Amen!

Good night DGaf, may your stockings be full of awesome!

january update for this game needs to be amazing. i want some new emotes.

YES. More dances pls.

Also, an overhaul of the cosmetic system would be very welcome. Make shaders and class items pull from an unlockable database instead of having to carry around and store a bunch of items. Also, let us revisit the character creator!

Not enough dedicated buttons on the controller. How about moving that crap to a submenu and doing something useful like binding Ammo Synth to the D-pad.

You could do hold down the d-pad and press another button to trigger an action. It wouldn't be that complicated (d-pad right + triangle does once dance, d-pad right + square does another, etc)

phen0m24

I was using this method to farm glimmer earlier:
Exclusion Zone - Mars Glimmer Farm

Asides from the gatekeeper farm, does anyone have any other good places?

I got around 13k in around 45 minutes earlier. Seemed pretty efficient. It went even faster with a buddy helping.

seriously I don't go near the EZ anymore. Gatekeeper with friends is the way to go.

Go left to right, first person gets super, second person gets orbs and uses super, etc. 592 glimmer in like 20-30 seconds a run. It's amazing.

Edit: added bonus of not hearing that annoying dun dun dun dun dun music in your head for days after farming. You're welcome. ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Top Bottom