• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Podcast downloaded and ready to listen to on the drive home from work today and to work tomorrow.

Ran VoG last night which ended up getting me to 31 on my Titan. Not as much of an accomplishment now vendor gear gets you their but still pretty happy. Eeven more happy that I bit the bullet and decided to take the relic whenever I got ported and was very successful. Always been scared to use it. Was just normal mode though so guess will see how it goes in hard mode before getting too excited.

Question, so I got the mythoclast today from a VoG hard run

Max damage is 323 I believe, is that it's max damage or can I update it from Xur one day for 331 or whatever

Since we haven't seen an upgrade option from Xur yet we do not know if a higher damage version exists. Made harder to guess by fact VoG still drops old damage tier weapons.

I'm guessing it can be upgraded, as Bungie said they wanted it to be a prized weapon, which is why they upped the damage past 300. This would make no sense if they gonna leave it at less damage than the new top tier though, so as said, I'm guessing just not seen a Xur upgrade yet.

MildSoss

:D Man that was a fun run. Mad props to MildSoss on the Swordsinger mojo!

...I WANNA KILL HIM MORE TIMES

if anyone still needs a sword for Crota tonight lemme know!

edit: And seriously, thanks to everyone who tuned in on Twitch. I'm still stunned when I see double digit viewers at this point XD

I'm so there!

Thanks for inviting me! Swinging the sword as a warlock ain't as bad as i thought it would be.

Crota beaten, I feel like I accomplished so much this weekend in Destiny, and that's thanks to everyone in here

So thanks

image.php

joecanada

If you mean they do no cap, probably K/D whores.

Yes undoubtedly but also I blame bungie for horrendous bounties, i mean kill 15 guardians with sniper headshots? Why not just have a bounty for hiding in corners with shotguns? The whole time I'm sitting there with sniper rifle sniping dudes running for the heavy ammo I'm thinking sorry dude, and "don't hate the player hate the game " lol.

Seriously couldn't they come up with anything even remotely original like " cap a flag with another guardian " or " defend a base 15 times" or "hold a base for 5 minutes "? Anything!? It's sad how unoriginal this shit is...
Defeat guardians from behind... Seriously?

So I'm totally blind and didn't realize you can swap radiant energy for shards once you're rank 4. I hit 3 last week and didn't know why I'd want to continue levelling her up, now I do. I was expecting to have to grind out radiant shards. Nice of them to put that in there.

Vee_One

I played a bit of Destiny when it was released and got to level 21 before I got sick of the grind. Will the expansion likely help me level up via story missions and strike (xbox one) or am I too low level? Thinking about getting back into it but unsure at the moment.

gdt

I played a bit of Destiny when it was released and got to level 21 before I got sick of the grind. Will the expansion likely help me level up via story missions and strike (xbox one) or am I too low level? Thinking about getting back into it but unsure at the moment.

Not that way no. Grind rep and marks and buy gear that will get you to lvl 31.

If you stopped at 21 you likely need a lot of rep.

Edit: Though its also possible you'll get some armor to drop for you, but that would help speed things up (immensely) not get you all the way there.

You'll level up pretty fast. The vanguard gear can get you to 31. There's going to be some grind, but I think you'll see some pretty steady progress.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks a lot guys.

Swordbreaker and just 19 more shards to go to get my Hunter to 32. Will definitely be there next week.

^Looks like a black version of Inmost light. Must be a pre-release screen.

Alucrid

Banned
lookin at screens and found this. where's this helm? i would like a black visor please.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2430387-destinymounts.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

that's just the helm of inmost light with a dye job

Thanks for the help everyone. Thanks for the sword kill iRawr. We got it first try. Went so much smoother with a group that everyone knows what to do (and having a lvl32 sword). We were even a bit sloppy.

Sorry you dropped mike. We killed him literally 5 secs after you dropped.

Thanks a lot guys.

Swordbreaker and just 19 more shards to go to get my Hunter to 32. Will definitely be there next week.

^Looks like a black version of Inmost light. Must be a pre-release screen.
a sloppy but first attempt crota kill :p

that router crash on last crota's hit though.
yeah sorry that happen :/
Edit:
Thanks for the help everyone. Thanks for the sword kill iRawr. We got it first try. Went so much smoother with a group that everyone knows what to do (and having a lvl32 sword). We were even a bit sloppy.

yep no problem, still can't get the timing down if I have enough time to get another attack in or not. Second death was stupid..but glad to help out.

Thanks for the help. Thanks for the sword kill iRawr. We got it first try. Went so much smoother with a group that everyone knows what to do (and having a lvl32 sword). We were even a bit sloppy.

yeah stupid router drops at midnight on the dot, totally forgot about it hahaha

Dazzler

So I'm totally blind and didn't realize you can swap radiant energy for shards once you're rank 4. I hit 3 last week and didn't know why I'd want to continue levelling her up, now I do. I was expecting to have to grind out radiant shards. Nice of them to put that in there.

whoa, I didn't know this. Guess I have a new set of bounties to grind every day lol

Vee_One

Not that way no. Grind rep and marks and buy gear that will get you to lvl 31.

If you stopped at 21 you likely need a lot of rep.

Edit: Though its also possible you'll get some armor to drop for you, but that would help speed things up (immensely) not get you all the way there.

You'll level up pretty fast. The vanguard gear can get you to 31. There's going to be some grind, but I think you'll see some pretty steady progress.

Thanks

Top Bottom