• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Guys quick question about public events: Do you have to be in the specific spawn area of the event for it show up? Or in other words, if I'm all the way across the map from an event will I miss out on it or will it still give me the waypoint to leg it to?

Steroyd

Guys quick question about public events: Do you have to be in the specific spawn area of the event for it show up? Or in other words, if I'm all the way across the map from an event will I miss out on it or will it still give me the waypoint to leg it to?

When you're in the area you get shown a waypoint and a countdown ticker.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Discarding that bounty, join me again.

@javier send me an FR please.

Patrol Earth --> Divide --> Rocket Yard --> Earth strike 3 wave area has 1 Lv8 Wizard, then keep going back into the green cave area where the Fist of Crota mission ends, two Lv20 wizards back there.

Quit to orbit then re-do it. There are 6 so you can mess one up, plus the Heart of Crota wizard also spawns right there so that's another two chances although a little trickier since that one is a major or whatever. (Edit: takes maybe 5-7 minutes total including load times, there may be a better way but who gives a shit once we all hit rank 4).

Jinjo

So what guns/armor have we not been able to level up with Xur yet?

The only stuff that's stuck on old level cap for me is Voidfang Vestments, MIDA and Plan C. I know I skipped out on MIDA. Anything else?

lol I'm going to be 26 rep short of rank 4 after today, wtf.

Oh well, doesn't matter until reset raids. I'll just do the easiest bounty right at reset before we fire up the raids. Lv32 Titan with Ruin Wings here I come!

Lima

So what guns/armor have we not been able to level up with Xur yet?

The only stuff that's stuck on old level cap for me is Voidfang Vestments, MIDA and Plan C. I know I skipped out on MIDA. Anything else?

You also skipped Vestments and Plan C.

Besides Bad Juju and Monte Carlo I think every armor piece and weapon was available for upgrade at least once.

Nuszka

lol I'm going to be 26 rep short of rank 4 after today, wtf.

Oh well, doesn't matter until reset raids. I'll just do the easiest bounty right at reset before we fire up the raids. Lv32 Titan with Ruin Wings here I come!

My lvl 32 titan needs raid helmet to be complete , really want to use ruin wings while being 32. Helm of inmost light wich i currently have equipped just does not feel right.

joecanada

Good to know. Thanks!

If you go to destiny public events website you can see approximate times then you just pick some bounties in that area and wait.. If you press touchpad it shows you the area you are currently in and when you drive around it tells you when switching areas

Akai XIII

Besides Bad Juju and Monte Carlo I think every armor piece and weapon was available for upgrade at least once.
Monte Carlo was available.

Light Beyond Nemesis, Hardlight, Bad JuJu haven't been though...

I'm sorry to anyone that tries to chat with me when I play late. My girlfriend and I share a small apartment and she works 12 hour hospital shifts super early early in the morning, so I have to keep it down at night.

PSN:SEBattleship

Monte Carlo was available.

Light Beyond Nemesis, Hardlight, Bad JuJu haven't been though...

I thought Juju was? Maybe not, I had turned in a finished bounty right after the DLC dropped so I may have been thinking of that 331 version. Hard Light is the only weapon I can think of...

Not sure if you saw my post last page, but do you know where to find the Crota's End speed run videos? I snooped around on YTube and Twitch but figured you are the one in the know around here.

LiK

Glad to get this story stuff done quickly. Thanks Kartik and Javier

One or two more days and I'll hit rank 4.

Rixa

Is there really a great reason to even rank eris? I don't see her having anything I want really

Changing shard to energy and vice versa. Ofc they cost 500 glimmer & 1 black wax idol(?)
My Eris ranks are not level 3, slowly raising :). Shard trading is possible when rank is 4.

LiK

Never realized until now how much faster and easier The Wakening is compared to Siege of the Warmind.

The latter can be a bit rough at times.

considering you can skip half of The Wakening, it's pretty darn short. Hardest part is the last boss. Those Knights are annoying if you're going solo.

gio78

Neo Member
Anyone up for the two story missions for Eris' bounty?

Just did the shoulder charge thingie for the first time... Now I see why I was avoiding it the whole time...

Psn: giotios

Is there really a great reason to even rank eris? I don't see her having anything I want really

Rad shards/energy conversions. Also lvl 4 emblem looks kinda neat, but I hate that shader. Its too gaudy and busy for my elegant huntress but would probably suit on a warlock.

Shito

Rad shards/energy conversions. Also lvl 4 emblem looks kinda neat, but I hate that shader. Its too gaudy and busy for my elegant huntress but would probably suit on a warlock.
This shader sucks for hunters and warlocks, in my opinion.
It looks absurdly good on titans, though.

Steroyd

Wooo rank 4, now I just need a reason to convert energy into shards.

Thanks for the super speedy story missions Steroyd and X, good times! (both speed and enjoyment)

Lots of fun, bar that teabagger at the end, I now only find teabagging acceptable if they fall to my No Land Beyond.

Do you get a shader for rank 4? I know my hunter has the shader slots filled, my Titan most likely has to, why the heck do shaders have 8 slots anyway, why does default take up a space, why does this stuff only bother me now!?

ocean

Banned
Can anyone give my low level Hunter a quick hand? Want to finish a mission on Heroic and the mobs are killing me before I get it done. I'm at the last fight, it'll only take a minute or two :)
Edit: nvm got it :)

Lima

Not sure if you saw my post last page, but do you know where to find the Crota's End speed run videos? I snooped around on YTube and Twitch but figured you are the one in the know around here.

Guess I missed your post. No he hasn't put up that stuff as a highlight on Twitch or Tube. I'll tell him to cut it out of his recordings and put it up.

DocSeuss

Just got my Fatebringer and Mythoclast, finally.

Been working on a project, guys. Dunno if anyone wants to help.

tl;dr, expensive surgery, trying to use Destiny to do something cool for my bro.

I wasn't able to buy my brother/roommate a gift at Christmas time, so I was gonna do one in January instead, but now I can't afford that because I have to pay for surgery, and I'm taking a gigantic loan to do so.

I figured I'd I'm working through Destiny trying to earn a bunch of stuff for him. Got him Husk of the Pit, Don't Touch Me, a new and improved Achylophage Symbiote, some Crota raid gear for his lock, stuff like that. Also got a ton of mats, ranked up a bunch of factions and the cryptarch (all the packages are waiting for him in the mail across all his chars, mats are in his vault). Haven't been able to touch any other games since I've been doing everything I can with his characters.

Was gonna raid, but he might get back tomorrow evening, when my raid group's getting going, so I might just let him run with my group instead.

I gotta sleep, but would anyone be interested in carrying two of his characters through this week's nightfall before the reset/hopefully before he gets back? And maaaybe a weekly or two? I know Omnigul sucks, but I'd appreciate it a lot. Whatever I can do to make up for my inability to get him a Christmas present.

PMs would be cool, 'cause I don't feel like I should give out his PSN here.

EDIT: Also, I have a Titan with an Ir Yut Checkpoint if anyone's feeling that.

Guess I missed your post. No he hasn't put up that stuff as a highlight on Twitch or Tube. I'll tell him to cut it out of his recordings and put it up.

Ok, cool, thanks. I mainly wanted to check out a video of the general strat for WR pace so we could get a team together and start practicing runs. Just let me know, I'll keep looking around online as well.

Do you get a shader for rank 4? I know my hunter has the shader slots filled, my Titan most likely has to, why the heck do shaders have 8 slots anyway, why does default take up a space, why does this stuff only bother me now!?

You do..

10818212_973576452672288_2195852221231684806_o.jpg

Ugh..

Top Bottom