• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

ethomaz

Banned
NEW RAID GROUP I WANT THAT FATEBRINGER!!!

So we need to play Oracles and Tempar two times (my third character don't have enough level yet)... so who is joining?

Start when we get a full fireteam..

1. ethomaz

We can play since beginning the first time and get the CP for the second time... or anybody here can share the CP with us.

I want to much this weapon.

Steroyd

Yeah, the melee and XP bounties are fine.

I actually don't have a Suros... I, uh, got a little tipsy one evening and dismantled it for a shard because I couldn't wait for Xur. Maybe my Shadow Price will do the trick?

Shadow Price with field scout?

The stock magazine on Shadow Price is just enough to take on one person, yes you can get the bounty done with it.

Nope. It's a beautiful swift sound.
TLW is tied with Hard Light for best sounding weapon.

Hawkmoon is awful. I don't know how people can tolerate that sound. It's like nails on a chalkboard while chewing a mouthful of cotton balls.

I think the MIDA is also up their for best sounding weapon.

Yeah I hate how hawkmoon sounds. It's such an annoying sound. Add the winged sights and the recoil and I feel like that weapon just has too much going on for me. It does wreck in PVP though

Theres room for 1 more in the Iron Banner Train, anyone else wants to join?

I want a weapon that goes
gorri gorri gorri gorri

zewone

I need three weapons from VoG Hard.

Fatebringer
Praetorian Foil
Found Verdict

Where are the drops for these?

Foil and Fatebringer is Templar on Hard. Foil also drops on Oracles on Hard.
Found Verdict I think you'll have an easier time obtaining in Normal since the pool is smaller. You can get it from Oracles or Templar on Normal.

Numpt3

After a shitty week with RNGesus I've just got the 4th Horseman from the daily mission engram... sort of cheered me up, hah.

Schwabe

I need three weapons from VoG Hard.

Fatebringer
Praetorian Foil
Found Verdict

Where are the drops for these?

Fatebringer - Templar only
Praetorian Foil - Oracles, not sure about Templar
Found Verdict - Templar, not sure about oracles.

edit:
beaten. even not sure about the foil is hard only ... so don't listen to me >_< i googled ... so

Fatebringer - Templar on hard only
Praetorian Foil - Oracles on hard only
Found Verdict - Templar, Oracles

zewone

I've done VoG about 60+ times and never received Foil or Timepiece. Don't care about either one though.

First Chest(Spire formed):
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss Battle: Templar:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Second Chest(Secret Room):
Spirit Bloom

Third Chest (Before Gorgon):
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Fourth Chest (Gorgon Maze)
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon:
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (Hard Mode only)
Raid Helmet (Hard Mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (Hard Mode only)

I had a level 25 take me out with one shotgun shot last night in Iron Banner.

I was level 32.

He wasn't all that close to me either.

This is why I miss theatre mode. While very unlikely, it is entirely possible that he had a weapon perk proc that gave him extra damage. Be it the last round in his mag, or one of those, a kill grants you bonus damage for a short period of time.

Plus, ever since I found out that shotguns do good headshot damage, I've looked at them in an entirely different light.

Langy

Anybody want to jump in and help me with the weekly? Tried it solo yesterday but had to quit midway...

PSN is Langoit add me and jump in if interested!

WipedOut

I've done VoG about 60+ times and never received Foil or Timepiece. Don't care about either one though.

Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Spirit Bloom

Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Raid Body

Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet

I'm not certain but I could swear that I've seen Foil drop after templar. Only thing I'm missing now is Timepiece and Verdict

**XB1 - GT: Wipedout

BIG LIST

I don't think some of those are right.

I'm pretty sure the Hard mode exclusives are

Fatebringer
Prateorian Foil
Preadyth's Timepiece
Vex Mythoclast

As far as weapons go, anyway.

hydruxo

Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Spirit Bloom

Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Raid Body

Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet

Never seen anyone get an exotic from Templar, pretty sure that's wrong.

Timepiece's rate of fire is truly remarkable but it's true that it's only real use is Arc Burn and if you have Fatebringer, it's a better weapon.

On another note, Rawr was awesome and gave me the GK checkpoint last night so if anyone wants to do some glimmer farming later, hit me up! I need to get my glimmer up with the quickness so I can pop those bubbles to hit 32 at long last! I should be able to get both my Warlock and Titan there if I could only get glimmonies.

Hiko

Banned
The vendor HCs this time around are kind of a wash. TDYD vendor version is awful, 5 rounds with no field scout.

TFWPKY 1969 is probably the best choice for vendor HCs.

Yeah, I'm thinking either that or The Chance. It would be way easier to rank up FWC though.

Been a good day for RNGesus today. Played by first nightfall and received Hawkmoon and then Rahool gave me Dragon's Breath from a legendary engram. Happy day

coy

I did that in Halo 2 lol. When my team abandoned me, I would just hide and piss of the other team. Sometimes they all left and I won. On Gunbound, when the game froze due to lag (very common back in the day) I would never leave.

I played this game like I play Destiny. Was able to hit rank 515 WW but still could not get Diamond Wand status. Boomer all day all night! Some of my favorite gaming memories.

Anyhow, I took far too long to achieve positive K/D with gaffers last night and it's a shit feeling. I know not everyone can be ultra pro, but I'm very competitive even when laughing at the mistakes or dumb lag. I still get invited to join IB trains which I truly appreciate. I just wish my understanding of fighting games, fundamentals and such, would translate to more consistent PvP play in Destiny. Still fun to play even with the frustration.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
NEW RAID GROUP I WANT THAT FATEBRINGER!!!

So we need to play Oracles and Tempar two times (my third character don't have enough level yet)... so who is joining?

Start when we get a full fireteam..

1. ethomaz
2. GraveRobberX

We can play since beginning the first time and get the CP for the second time... or anybody here can share the CP with us.

I want to much this weapon.

I'll come help
Grab checkpoint times 3 so we can repeat!

Impressions?

Impact kinda sucks, but you have heavy rounds to stagger enemies which sort of compensates for it. And I don't like the dot sight, prefer the one on Badger. But I love everything else about it. Outlaw makes low mag size redundant, and you can practically max out the range on it. Next best thing to FB 331.

I played this game like I play Destiny. Was able to hit rank 515 WW but still could not get Diamond Wand status. Boomer all day all night! Some of my favorite gaming memories.

Anyhow, I took far too long to achieve positive K/D with gaffers last night and it's a shit feeling. I know not everyone can be ultra pro, but I'm very competitive even when laughing at the mistakes or dumb lag. I still get invited to join IB trains which I truly appreciate. I just wish my understanding of fighting games, fundamentals and such, would translate to more consistent PvP play in Destiny. Still fun to play even with the frustration.

I said it earlier... the lag experienced when in a GAF "train" is severe for me compared to when I'm lone-wolfing it.

I like playing with my group so I just deal with it but, like you, I'm competitive and hate getting my ass handed to me because of lag shit.

edit: regarding lag, it's any time I'm in a fireteam, not just a GAF train

Top Bottom