• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Did some patrol and all you could hear is the Icebreaker sound.

After playing the game for so long I'd have to say the Midi is my favorite primary. It's just too bad it doesn't get much use in raids and such because IB and the Horn have more priority.

Going to farm glimmer for about 10 more minutes, in case anyone wants the checkpoint.

Was waiting for someone to do this. I'll join.

noomi

VoG normal was level 26 and had level 28 enemies.
VoG hard was level 30 and had level 30 enemies.

CE normal is level 30 and has level 32 enemies
Ce hard is level 33 and by extrapolation maybe it has only level 33 enemies...

... we will find out soon enough!

That's something I always found a bit strange... why make crota enemies a level higher than us? Will make everything more difficult :(

Hyun Sai

I've always been confused about this ability. It's clear the enemies explode, but I can't tell if it's hurting nearby enemies the way, say, Fatebringer makes a clear display of doing so.

It does. And you're right, it does not display the Firefly animation.

There is also a flaming visual effect even if the perk is not unlocked, so that can add to the confusion.

joecanada

Finally hit rank 4 IB. Chest and Gloves are mine!

Now to decide if I keep going for the hand cannon, or call it quits.

Done this entirely solo

thats crazy talk, I am rank 1.5 solo so far , how long did it take you? I'll be backloading on Sunday with the 100 % buff...

Deku Tree

Has anyone confirmed how much longer WoL lasts with Glass House?

" The Glasshouse extends the duration of Blessing of Light / Weapons of Light from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. A faster melee is also quite appreciated for Defenders (who make good use of their punches)."

http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/117-should-i-buy-it-ice-breaker-other-exotics

EDIT:

5 more seconds (50% increase in duration)

"5 more seconds" makes it sound worthless... but a "50% increase in duration" makes it sound like the best thing ever.

Not trying to shit this thread up, I am just honestly curious... What is it about Destiny that provokes SO much discussion? 15 threads, no other game has even come remotely close. Just like, in a word, what are you guys talking about?
-new things that cause discussion occurs every Tuesday (reset), Thursday (bungie update), and Friday (special store). these alone cause 15 page jumps each

-rare drops are so rare and relatable that if it happens people talk about it.

-LFG posts for the three things you need to do weekly, 9 times if you have the max three characters (which most people here have)

-LFG posts for money farming, which recently became needed/relevant

-less often, discussion happens for things like PSN down, patches, and news articles

-random discussion

-name posts. not posts about namikaze1. I'm talking about namikaze1 posting 5% of the thread's posts alone.

EL CUCO

I can't play with this lag.

I'm taking a break.
I said this last night in our group.

Destiny's netcode is very reminiscent of Black Ops 2. Lag compensation in full effect causing inconsistent hit markers. I could be shredding with the Vex one match, the next match it's shooting cheese whizz.

That's not even mentioning all the teleporting that happens. When Pvp works, it's really fun. When it doesn't, it's a broken POS.

I wish Bungie would invest in dedis. Atleast when Activision did it with Cod it cut down on the BS considerably.

Coconut

Banned
We like to call that the Warlock Curse, enjoy.

You su singing motherfuckers I need to a fit body to do my triple jump uncut de me you shit heads.

I like you all to imagine a fat Hunter trying triple jump and making excuses for why it just keeps being a 2.5 jump.

SkylineRKR

That's something I always found a bit strange... why make crota enemies a level higher than us? Will make everything more difficult :(

They clearly wanted to make CE harder than VoG. You could be 4 levels higher for VoG normal. CE started at 30, which means you could only be 2 levels higher because of the cap. Which meant end game enemies were on par with our max and not 2 levels below.

noomi

Exactly what they want it to be. It's the last add on until the next DLC hits. Can't make Hard Mode easy.

Truth.

Also shouldn't this have 4 blips now due to the deathsinger dropping loot now?

NkPIsNo.jpg

joecanada

-new things that cause discussion occurs every Tuesday (reset), Thursday (bungie update), and Friday (special store). these alone cause 15 page jumps each

-rare drops are so rare and relatable that if it happens people talk about it.

-LFG posts for the three things you need to do weekly, 9 times if you have the max three characters (which most people here have)

-LFG posts for money farming, which recently became needed/relevant

-less often, discussion happens for things like PSN down, patches, and news articles

-random discussion

-name posts. not posts about namikaze1. I'm talking about namikaze1 posting 5% of the thread's posts alone.

also game doesn't tell you anything , so plenty of posts for "who is xur?" how do i get dead orbit stuff? and so on .... similar to a warframe thread....... game literally tells you nothing....

Hell I didn't know there was a vaguard weapon vendor for two months, must have just forgot he was even there.

Frostburn

I don't know... A 31 might be OK for everything except holding the sword probably. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach to it.

Yeah I agree.

Sucks for those who have had horrible RNG luck. Been doing complete CE Raids since week 1 and my warlock has yet to get a single Helm or Chest to drop (HE is considered my main). Hunter is 32 and Titan is 31 with all the gear but Helm and awaiting more shards.

I'd take a skilled 31 over a 32 that has bad aim or is careless, maybe I'm just biased since I still have two 31s...

"5 more seconds" makes it sound worthless... but a "50% increase in duration" makes it sound like the best thing ever.

15 seconds is a long time in Destiny.

Golden Gun lasts 10 seconds
Bladedancer invisibility can last 10 seconds

That's 15 seconds you and your team can get with increased weapon damage or shielding out of the bubble, right?

Crucible just got a lot more annoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
" The Glasshouse extends the duration of Blessing of Light / Weapons of Light from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. A faster melee is also quite appreciated for Defenders (who make good use of their punches)."

http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/117-should-i-buy-it-ice-breaker-other-exotics

Haha yeah. It doesn't sound like much, and people often make the point that you can just dip back into that bubble, but you can still do that with glasshouse to renew another 15 seconds, taking the same amount of time, and an additional 5 seconds of consistent buffed DPS for a fight that you don't want to last more than 2 or 3 minutes in the first place (Roc strikes, some Nightfalls) is nothing to scoff at. Pairs well with Bastion (and obviously Illuminated).

joecanada

Explosive rounds are pretty much crap in pve except for low level mobs, but has anyone used them extensively in pvp? I did for a bit and it seemed to disorient my enemies, they couldn't seem to get a shot back on me very easily...

wondering if my scout rifle with explosive rds would work in IB.

zewone

Explosive rounds are pretty much crap in pve except for low level mobs, but has anyone used them extensively in pvp? I did for a bit and it seemed to disorient my enemies, they couldn't seem to get a shot back on me very easily...

wondering if my scout rifle with explosive rds would work in IB.

Explosive rounds were pretty disorienting in PVP, but they recently patched it so the effect is much less.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also of course Glasshouse has gotta be the best exotic piece in the game for Atheon
Which sounds cool, but in actuality isn't very useful. How often are you far away from the bubble? You're likely to be popping in and out of it before you WoL timer even finishes.
what? why?

Deku Tree

Which sounds cool, but in actuality isn't very useful. How often are you far away from the bubble? You're likely to be popping in and out of it before you WoL timer even finishes.

If your say shooting Atheon I never get a chance to pop back into the bubble though. You pop in once and then you keep shooting.

EDIT:

Also of course Glasshouse has gotta be the best exotic piece in the game for Atheon

Oh yeah exactly my point.

Jaeyden

Icebreaker is practically my second primary. It's particularly useful to mow down knights and swordbearers in CE at close range. When I run sword I always use IB popping the swordbearers head open as fast as possible and keep it equipped with the +2 agility for getting on Crota a bit quicker. Grimiore says I have 6600 kills with it, pretty damn good for a secondary. If you don't have IB don't pass up getting it...even if you have tons of other snipers. Trust me.

Besides that, no lottery will give you the perk that makes enemies exploding without the need of a critical. Only Ice Breaker can do that, and that pushes the area DPS to the sky. People often underestimate that, but that was a game changer for me.

Another nice bonus, forgot to mention that one.

Anyway, after the glimmer farm last night, got my Warlock to 32. Now I need to buy Glasshouse tonight and then I just need to max it out to hit 32 with my Titan which should be extremely easy to do in time for HM. I need somewhere between 21 and 25 more plasteel plating though. Lastly, my Hunter now gets all the Radiant shards of which there are 41 or maybe it was 51, remaining. He needs a total of 75 to max out three Raid gear pieces and I don't imagine it will take too long with three characters running the raid each week and being able to shard any gear drops I get plus convert any energy I get. Alas, I will need more Sapphire Wire to get him to 32 but considering he's 29 right now, I'll be happy to get him to 31 quickly ;P I'll make sure to get him to 30 or 31 before running the raid next week.

zewone

what? why?

If your say shooting Atheon I never get a chance to pop back into the bubble though. You pop in once and then you keep shooting.

A raid boss you will likely only beat once a week as a Titan? Doesn't sound worth using an exotic slot.

You can probably unload a weapon in less than 10 seconds, back up into bubble and reload pop out and shoot. Repeat.

Tawpgun

I regretted it dearly, unfortunately. I didn't check its stability before buying, which is rock bottom and without a perk to jack it up, just make it more predictable. I only use weapons with very high stability. I just really, really hate recoil. Not just in Destiny, but as a gameplay mechanic; it's the reason I only use single-shot weapons, and pick those with very high stability. I tried using Icebreaker on the daily and could barely land a shot, and never landed a follow up shot.

So not only did it run counter to my elemental damage strategy it was a weapon I hated using. :\

Dismantled. At least I got shard out of it.

This makes me physically hurt. IB is in a league of its own. Super Powerful, Ammo Regen is borderline cheat codes. Gjalla is only up there because nothing else cause that quick raw damage.

Ghaleon what did you doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Shito

Incorrect. A drop was moved (from the first chest to Ir Yut), and a drop was added (to the first chest).
Still not totally correct. :)
A drop is different from a chest.
The first chest reward was moved to a new drop, and a new reward was added to fill in the now empty first chest.

Chests do not appear on the app / website. Only drops do.

After playing the game for so long I'd have to say the Midi is my favorite primary. It's just too bad it doesn't get much use in raids and such because IB and the Horn have more priority.

Definitely the reason why I rarely use it for anything other than patrolling. They really need to consider making an exotic weapon where one of its perks is being able to equip a second exotic weapon.

Figures Xur would be selling the Icebreaker since I got it in the Nightfall.

60% of the time it happens every time. I've only had 4 exotics drop for me in Nightfall. All 4 Xur has sold that same week. My favorite was when he sold Plan C the previous week and I got it in the following week's Nightfall. I thought I finally broke the streak, but no, that's the week where he ended up selling it twice in a row...

blackflag

Nice weapon for PvE, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't get Zoba's seal of approval for PvP.

Wish it could have Rodeo + Unflinching, Field Scout + Perfect balance. Unfortunately, one can only choose one perk in each of these sets, so the gun's low ammo, low stability makes it unsuitable for the Crucible :(

You should re roll it until it has final round. It only has 3 ammo. Dump 2 of them and you can 1 shot anyone anywhere. It's a pvp beast

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A raid boss you will likely only beat once a week as a Titan? Doesn't sound worth using an exotic slot.
I will be using it primarily for Roc strikes. Atheon is a bonus. In other contexts I will be using other exotics.

You can probably unload a weapon in less than 10 seconds, back up into bubble and reload pop out and shoot. Repeat.
Just one weapon, or your primary, special, and heavy mags? I never go back into the bubble before I need to get weapons of light again (or need cover, which has nothing to do with the buff)

You don't have to use it... I'm going to enjoy it. Saint 14 has very limited use in Roc strikes where the enemies aren't all that threatening and there are no modifiers.

Insaniac

Is there a Vanguard shotgun or fusion rifle that is worth getting for PvP? I have marks and nothing I want to buy.

Some say the Secret Handshake is worth getting. Not sure though. Seems to be performing fine in IB for me (got it from drop not sure if skills are the same). Has great fire rate if that's your thing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still not totally correct. :)
A drop is different from a chest.
The first chest reward was moved to a new drop, and a new reward was added to fill in the now empty first chest.

Chests do not appear on the app / website. Only drops do.
okay, that's fair... a new drop was still added by turning the first chest into a drop.
I was under the impression that they only marked the drops that could end in a legendary or above.
then that applies to all four current drops.

zewone

I will be using it primarily for Roc strikes. Atheon is a bonus. In other contexts I will be using other exotics.

Just one weapon, or your primary, special, and heavy mags? I never go back into the bubble before I need to get weapons of light again (or need cover, which has nothing to do with the buff)

You don't have to use it... I'm going to enjoy it. Saint 14 has very limited use in Roc strikes where the enemies aren't all that threatening and there are no modifiers.

You didn't buy Ruin Wings? There's nothing more useful than Ruin Wings and Gjallarhorn if you gotta go fast.

I only run Roc strikes as a Titan because of Ruin Wings.

Top Bottom