• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

My new thing to battle titan bubbles is to "ven diagram" it with my own and have a bubble war. It tends to confuse the shit out of the other guy.

joecanada

I have groups (on gaf, I love you gaf) that can do hard vog and ce without wiping, they get heavy ammo SOMETIME during the whole run, and GH their way to victory. awesome. 3x CE in 1h30min? awesome. hm Vog 40min? great!

then I spend the rest of the week in pub groups 2 hours on crota then giving up. 40 minutes on crota then giving up. 1 wipe at conflux, 2 wipes at oracles, then 3 wipes at Templar then giving up.

Ya I agree, it's all in the team which is great. Icebreaker to be honest is my " I'm not completely sure I can trust my team " weapon and ghorn is my go to weapon.... I've done 2 hours at crota, 18 heavy ammo synth just to be a team player, that's a heavy price especially when loot is scarce

I agree with him...I prefer P&T, The Supremacy or The Chosen... I just like the Icebreaker for what it does. (ammo regen) Otherwise in a Tense Situation its One of the above mentioned Snipers or Praedyths for me.

Edit: But I also have 3 Ice breakers, the usefullness of the ammo regen is real.

I use my LDR now more than any sniper, but that's mostly because of Gjallarhorn. I'd be using Ice Breaker in its place otherwise.

ethomaz

Banned
He didn't say it was quickest oracle killer he said you would want it. The amount of time I'm sniping Oracles and suddenly all I hear are icebreakers and two or three others saying " I'm Out of ammo " happens all the time.

And you vastly overestimate heavy drops. I was in ce with four guys just 2 nights ago, we did the whole bridge, not one person got one heavy ammo drop
Yeap I hear a lot of time guys saying his IB needs to recharge... I can't kill two Oracles in sequence with IB for example... any other Sniper can do the job (at least the top tier).

PS. I'm using LDR in one of chars... this sniper is great... a lot of shots and deal fucking damage at 331.

Greenymac

I wish I was running three characters when Queen's Wrath was around so that I had more Supremacies right now.

Noone respects The Supremacy.... just us. Oh yeah and the khostov.

Also, The Chosen sniper spawns me with 36 shots, which after initial shots are fired drops to 24. Ive used it a ton more than I thought I would..

Yeap I hear a lot of time guys saying his IB needs to recharge... I can't kill two Oracles in sequence with IB for example... any other Sniper can do the job (at least the top tier).

PS. I'm using LDR in one of chars... this sniper is great... a lot of shots and deal fucking damage at 331.
how can you get through 7 oracle phases with 20-30 sniper bullets?

it takes me ten seconds to use up my IB ammo, which means 8 shots, which is enough to take out two oracles

joecanada

switching weapons? You could take out two Oracles with two scout rifle bullets or half an AR clip. still more useful than running out completely

LiK

Supremacy was a pretty rare drop. Not many guys here have it. Most guys stopped playing Queen's Wrath after they got rid of shards from dismantling the armors as well. Stupid Bungie.

rNilla

Supremacy was a pretty rare drop. Not many guys here have it. Most guys stopped playing Queen's Wrath after they got rid of shards from dismantling the armors as well. Stupid Bungie.

I think I did just about every PVE bounty and every subsequent mission I received with my Hunter. I have three Supremacy snipers and that stupid ship. I am an insane person. Don't be like me.

ethomaz

Banned
how can you get through 7 oracle phases with 20-30 sniper bullets?
Enemies drops a lot of ammo in this phase... I don't remember getting out of ammo... but I understand you say shooting from the top well I did today using the LDR 5001 and I don't remember getting out of ammo too but of course I just needed to shot one or two times in each Oracle because others guys in the group are shotting too.

joecanada

I do want that ldr too though...

ethomaz

Banned
switching weapons? You could take out two Oracles with two scout rifle bullets or half an AR clip. still more useful than running out completely
So IB needs a complement to works... that is my point... you need to use other weapon to avoid IB flaws.

noomi

I have about 1 hour to get my destiny on. Going to start roc strikes now, feel free to come join :) psn is noomi85 , if I'm in the middle of a roc give me a few min to finish it up and then ill invite you to start a new run.

Nooooooo....Ice Breaker finally available and I'm short coins.

What is the most efficient way to farm some coins? I already completed the Nightfall and the Weekly Heroic on Hard this week and I don't have any other characters to run through them.

Roc Playlist? Public Events?

Top Bottom