• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

aaaaand once more, I'm left alone.

i'd really like to see a comparison of the Omnigul/Undying Mind strikes and vanilla strikes when it comes to players quitting. Good job with the closet and wall, bungie - you clearly know what makes a good game. smfh.

For me it's not even the wall that pisses me in the undying mind. It's what feels like endless waves of yellow minotaurs. It's ridiculous. It's not so bad if you're playing with a fireteam and chaining supers though.

Manp

For me it's not even the wall that pisses me in the undying mind. It's what feels like endless waves of yellow minotaurs. It's ridiculous. It's not so bad if you're playing with a fireteam and chaining supers though.

it's probably the most fun i had with a strike lately... well, when i'm not left alone :(

Ambitious

Do I have a chance of hitting IB rank 5 by Sunday if I'm unable to even start playing it before today evening? I don't yet have the class item and the shader, only the emblem. Also, I still need to complete three Nightfalls, three Weeklies and two to three raids over the course of this weekend, which will obviously also take a few hours.

So if this would require me to play from early morning until late in the night, I won't even bother. Haven't played much of IB so far, so I can't really estimate how long it takes to rank up.

Shito

No Land Beyond is a fun bolt action weapon. I'm fine with all the weapons i have now. Its more about what appeals to me more now.

So thats how NLB beats IB.

And no I don't already have an Icebreaker. :D
NLB really is not fun.
I've tried my hardest to like it, really, but it just isn't fun at all...

KeRaSh

No Land Beyond is a fun bolt action weapon. I'm fine with all the weapons i have now. Its more about what appeals to me more now.

I really hope you never get a NLB. That way you can never feel the disappointment you are setting yourself up for. :p

raindoc

PSA: I don't mind gaffers from my friends list joining me on dailies & co, but if you do, adapt to my speed and don't run ahead. maybe I need the kills for a bounty, maybe I just want to shoot some alien in the face. you're free to join, but it's my run and i'd hate it if i had to set my fireteam to invite only in the future.

Rixa

NLB really is not fun.
I've tried my hardest to like it, really, but it just isn't fun at all...

I really hope you never get a NLB. That way you can never feel the disappointment you are setting yourself up for. :p

Ive done 3 CE runs this week. Only weapons I got from raid are Black Hammer (my 5th in 13 raids) and NLB.

Atleast there is luck that I didnt buy NLB before and got 5 grimoire card points. Thats where the luck ends and NLB goes to Vault filler.

Both TDB strikes can be fun while Roc'ing but they are just too damn long (for lazy reasons) compared to even Valus.

PSA: I don't mind gaffers from my friends list joining me on dailies & co, but if you do, adapt to my speed and don't run ahead. maybe I need the kills for a bounty, maybe I just want to shoot some alien in the face. you're free to join, but it's my run and i'd hate it if i had to set my fireteam to invite only in the future.

I don't get it. If it's your run then you are free to stay behind and keep killing other enemies for bounties. What does it matter if someone else goes ahead while helping everyone finish faster? I don't understand the motivation to spend 2-3 times as long as necessary to do a daily when there are 3 of them available every day and better places to complete virtually every bounty. Either way, thanks for the PSA, I'll be sure to never join on your daily again.

PSA: Anybody can join any of my games anytime and play however they want.

SkylineRKR

When NLB was unveiled, I got RE4 vibes.

But its NOTHING like it. Nothing. The bolt action looks like shit, the shot doesn't feel good. Its awful, awful. Its true name is; No Fun Allowed.

I have thought of sharding it because I was too lazy to switch exotic shards from my alt for Xur.

I got Suros in Iron Banner. Thats my 4th Exotic for this week and my 4th dupe. Still 2 VoG's to clear.

When NLB was unveiled, I got RE4 vibes.

But its NOTHING like it. Nothing. The bolt action looks like shit, the shot doesn't feel good. Its awful, awful. Its true name is; No Fun Allowed.

I have thought of sharding it because I was too lazy to switch exotic shards from my alt for Xur.

I agree, it's very underwhelming. Mine is sitting in my vault hoping for a buff one day.

raindoc

I don't get it. If it's your run then you are free to stay behind and keep killing other enemies for bounties. What does it matter if someone else goes ahead while helping everyone finish faster? I don't understand the motivation to spend 2-3 times as long as necessary to do a daily when there are 3 of them available every day and better places to complete virtually every bounty. Either way, thanks for the PSA, I'll be sure to never join on your daily again.

you don't need to, you just have to respect it. or not join ever again, as you said.
you "sound" pissed. that was not my intention.

the one thing that pisses me off about the wall (or omnigul's closet) is that it makes other players disappear like nothing else. i don't mind the wall itself, the undying mind would be one of my fav strikes (not that there were too many to choose from), but more often than not, team members despawn before i hit the top of the first stairs. because of the wall (and the lack of rewards. seriously bungie - you're forcing the mother of all Vex-waves upon us, yet refuse to give us the well-deserved glimmer? Well, £¥€# YOU TOO!). that's what's pissing me off most: having to quit/going back to orbit, start a new Roc matchmaking round and probably end up doing the same strike I did before, when I first got started (because strike map rotation is fubar).

PSA: Anybody can join any of my games anytime and play however they want.

Have to agree, 90% of us just "need" to blast through the dailys/weeklys as fast as possible, and seeing a fellow gaffer online doing it already is always the preferred method of joining and helping out towards a mutual goal.

Playing strike playlists also always boils down to speedrunning the strike, trying to beat your last record :D Any Summoning Pit that takes over 7 minutes is a failed attempt!

raindoc

Have to agree, 90% of us just "need" to blast through the dailys/weeklys as fast as possible, and seeing a fellow gaffer online doing it already is always the preferred method of joining and helping out towards a mutual goal.

Playing strike playlists also always boils down to speedrunning the strike, trying to beat your last record :D Any Summoning Pit that takes over 7 minutes is a failed attempt!

and the other 10%, at least occasionally, don't.
i didn't mean to offend anybody and I'm certainly not getting in an argument about how "not-speed-runs" are "fails" or not. invite-only it is.

you don't need to, you just have to respect it. or not join ever again, as you said.
you "sound" pissed. that was not my intention.

Never joining again = respecting it (not an "or")

"Pissed" is waaay too strong of a word but your original post sounds selfish to me and I can't relate to the mindset it represents. Obviously you are free to make your own decisions and play the game your way, which is why I said thanks for posting the PSA, sincerely. It's helpful to me to know if someone feels that way which is so fundamentally different from how I feel about playing this game.

I've spent more hours in this game helping other people, for no loot/direct benefit to myself, than I can even imagine. It's the thing I enjoy most, by far (my "direct benefit," so to speak). I want to be as accommodating as possible to be able to help as many people as possible. It's why I post that nobody needs to use a mic while raiding (many people feel uncomfortable for various valid reasons), etc. etc. In this case the accommodation is to not play together since we obviously feel differently, not a problem at all.

lol Yep. I think ~5:50 is my Phoggy Shuffle record so far. Dat BHammer.

BokehKing

Banned
aaaaand once more, I'm left alone.

i'd really like to see a comparison of the Omnigul/Undying Mind strikes and vanilla strikes when it comes to players quitting. Good job with the closet and wall, bungie - you clearly know what makes a good game. smfh.
Just add a kick option for people who go afk

I won't lie, I quit on va'lar morghulis everytime he pops up.

I don't mind omni ghoul because the strike is one big loot cave

As far as Undying Mind? Give us glimmer or tone down that strike

raindoc

I've spent more hours in this game helping other people, for no loot/direct benefit to myself, than I can even imagine. It's the thing I enjoy most, by far (my "direct benefit," so to speak). I want to be as accommodating as possible to be able to help as many people as possible. It's why I post that nobody needs to use a mic while raiding (many people feel uncomfortable for various reasons), etc. etc. In this case the accommodation is to not play together since we obviously feel differently, not a problem at all.

it's a daily. i'm 32. i neither asked for, nor needed any help. and it didn't feel like you were helping, you were rushing a relaxed solo-session by storming ahead and dying.

and the other 10%, at least occasionally, don't.
i didn't mean to offend anybody and I'm certainly not getting in an argument about how "not-speed-runs" are "fails" or not. invite-only it is.

yeah, sorry doc. But atleast with nightfalls and weeklys you can still keep it open and always get in the party chat because speedrunning usually just gets people killed :D

Just add a kick option

I won't lie, I quit on va'lar morghulis everytime he pops up.

I don't mind omni ghoul because the strike is one big loot cave

Kick option only helps for AFK'ers, not for quitters. Sadly that "afk cheese" of quitting to orbit and still getting rewards really screws things up, not sure if it prevents the game from replacing the quitters or not... which is still the problem with quitters either way. The game is very slow to add in new players, if ever, which is the heart of the quitter problem.

BokehKing

Banned
it's a daily. i'm 32. i neither asked for, nor needed any help. and it didn't feel like you were helping, you were rushing a relaxed solo-session by storming ahead and dying.
Damn man, before hostilities grow more around here, remember it's your destiny, either one of you could have backed out, went back in and and turned their fire team to invite only

Let's be cool

Thread disclaimer: obviously neither me nor raindoc were trying to start any trouble. I take no offense to anything he said and hopefully he feels the same. We are simply expressing our different views as is our right as free and independent Gaf members. No harm, no foul, just communication.

I only died because I kept trying to slow down and wait for you but was always surprised by exactly how far back you were, lol. /edit/ And speed running a daily is still very relaxed to me, just ask Orthogonal and noomi who did today's daily with me.

I never said I was helping you by joining the daily. I was joining for the reason Noise posted about above, same reason I join on anyone's daily or anyone joins on me. I was explaining my desire to help because it creates my desire to be accommodating which leads to my belief in not setting stipulations for other people joining my games. /edit/

edited for unnecessary sentences.

raindoc

Pure salt. Just some outside perspective here, you're coming off pretty dickish.
for asking people not to turn sessions i started (and kept open just in case someone who's not comfortable with soloing it wants to join) into speed-runs?

okay. i absolutely don't get why I'm attacked here, as i was just asking people joining me to respect my way of playing... but okay.

i seriously didn't mean no harm dgaf, waited even an extra 24 hours before posting, but well. :(

ocean

Banned
Faction Wars: the "Fireteam etiquette profile for Dailies" edition.

Drizz you're an extremely cool and laid back guy to play with. Most of us share your attitude and philosophy in terms of the nature of this game's coop. The other point of view is luckily an outlier which we can respect despite not understanding.

On to the important things in life: any IB groups forming today?

Sullichin

I woke up today thinking I fell asleep in the Roc playlist or something. I swear "Onnigul is the last of crotas generals" is the first thing I heard this morning and jolted me out of bed but I wasn't even logged into Destiny

for asking people not to turn sessions i started (and kept open just in case someone who's not comfortable with soloing it wants to join) into speed-runs?

okay. i absolutely don't get why I'm attacked here, as i was just asking people joining me to respect my way of playing... but okay.

i seriously didn't mean no harm dgaf, waited even an extra 24 hours before posting, but well. :(

Like I posted above: everything is cool with me, hopefully you don't feel attacked by me. It was clear your original post was directed at me, which is why I responded. I admit I was disappointed by it at first but we've since clarified. It's good to communicate and understand how we feel differently. All good, and thanks for explaining.

I woke up today thinking I fell asleep in the Roc playlist or something. I swear "Onnigul is the last of crotas generals" is the first thing I heard this morning and jolted me out of bed but I wasn't even logged into Destiny

Oh man, I had the worst time waking up from a nap the other day. My wife was trying to get me up but I really just wanted to sleep so my crazy brain told me to tell her "No! We need 3 people for a strike! We only have 2 now!" That was my excuse for staying asleep, wtf brain.

Yeah, the smart loot is weird. I think it's designed more like a streak breaker, where you can only go so long without getting a piece of armor.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can only get the class item from a chest, AFAIK.

Nope, someone got the Warlock bond from Deathsinger last night. :lol

Nope, someone got the Warlock bond from Deathsinger last night. :lol

They just took the loot that used to drop from the first chest and made it drop after DS (guaranteed rad mats, possible class armor/exotic), then added a "new chest" in the darkness area that only drops rad mats. Which is why you could get that chest again before this week's reset, even if you already got it earlier in the week (but couldn't get DSinger drops before reset if you already grabbed the first chest).

So, uh, any Glimmer Farms going? I'm broke.

IRawr aka Checkpointasaurus has the normal GK CP. I'm down to do a lot of farming this week but will probably do it later in the week once I actually hit IB rank 4+5. I won't be back on until much later today but will be happy to jump in on a team if they need more people to help grease the wheels, I've got maybe 12k now and can always spend more.

Faction Wars: the "Fireteam etiquette profile for Dailies" edition.

Drizz you're an extremely cool and laid back guy to play with. Most of us share your attitude and philosophy in terms of the nature of this game's coop. The other point of view is luckily an outlier which we can respect despite not understanding.

On to the important things in life: any IB groups forming today?

I'm glad you still consider me laid back even after playing IB with me, haha. The rage is real during some of those matches... hopefully we'll have some more Gaf teams rolling tonight, I'm sure we will.

Do I have a chance of hitting IB rank 5 by Sunday if I'm unable to even start playing it before today evening? I don't yet have the class item and the shader, only the emblem. Also, I still need to complete three Nightfalls, three Weeklies and two to three raids over the course of this weekend, which will obviously also take a few hours.

So if this would require me to play from early morning until late in the night, I won't even bother. Haven't played much of IB so far, so I can't really estimate how long it takes to rank up.
I think if you can manage ALL of the bounties Sunday/Monday and can actually win a bit it's very manageable with probably 3-4 hours each day. It really just depends on how many wins you get.

In fact a lot of people have wised up and don't even bother with Iron Banner until late in the weekend because that's when you get the most "bang for your buck".

If you aren't doing it for fun besides ranking up to buy stuff/or struggle in PVP it's better to just minimize the length of time you play it anyway.

If you aren't doing it for fun besides ranking up to buy stuff/or struggle in PVP it's better to just minimize the length of time you play it anyway.

Yeah, especially if you want to get marks for as many matches as possible before hitting the weekly cap. Doing IB Tues+Weds, I hit the 100 cap well before even getting to IB rank 3.

Ok, now I'm leaving to get breakfast and do the life thing. Much love to all members of DGAF, best gaming community around.

Just got the Husk. Cool. Haven't been trying to farm it, just doing bounties and it dropped. Gonna have to spend some time Awaking the Hive now.

Just got the Husk. Cool. Haven't been trying to farm it, just doing bounties and it dropped. Gonna have to spend some time Awaking the Hive now.

I got it last night. Was starting to worry I wasn't going to see it drop before hard raid, and I was never going to grind for the thing.

TP-DK

I understand where you're coming from. Whenever I join another persons session I always try to fit their playstyle. There are lots of bounties that you can get while playing the daily, but will miss if you speedrun through it.

jbortz78

Hah was so happy last week getting Hawkmoon from engram, and what do I get yesterday from NF....ofc Hawkmoon again. I so wish I could have given it to my fireteam buddy who still hasnt gotten his...

noomi

Rank 52 with Cryptarch and still every rank up I get blue's :( C'mon Rahool stop being such a bitch, throw a guy a legendary primary engram every once in a while eh?

Really starting to get burned out on this grind, ROC strikes everyday and nothing to show for it. Where are all these strike exotics people are getting, I've yet to see one after 300 strikes.

Maybe my gear/emblem is cursed?!? I should try different gear configs lmao.

Top Bottom