• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Mindlog

While we're talking about Thorn does anyone else think it sounds....underwhelming? Especially when compared to Hawkmoon and TLW.
Nope. It's a beautiful swift sound.
TLW is tied with Hard Light for best sounding weapon.

Hawkmoon is awful. I don't know how people can tolerate that sound. It's like nails on a chalkboard while chewing a mouthful of cotton balls.

I'm on X1 too. GT = Guitaratomik

Yeah, I'm XB1. Axoman909

Need to get more XB1 players in this thread to balance out all the PS4 people.

Cool...added you both. If you see me on, feel free to join or invite...I've got kids, so I'm sometimes getting pulled away, but I try to play when I can, even for a few minutes...

I don't think XB1 players will ever equate to PS4 players (and imokwiththis.jpg), but I do want to see more XB1 actives...just the past few posts where PS4 players are assembling teams real-time in this thread...that's what I'm looking for...

REALLY REALLY REALLY want to do VoG hard mode...sadly I've yet to do vanilla VoG end to end...I've done the beginning, up to the templar and got invited to a group doing the portals (jesus that was funny...I know they wanted to throttle me) since I had NO CLUE what to do...and I wasn't in their party chat :( my only consolation was I got a Atheon's Epilogue *shrug*

LiK

i don't want easy matches. iron banner is the only time the game gets competitive but the level advantages compounded with destiny's netcode make it a spotty experience. even playing with a team i haven't enjoyed the last two events.

Maybe you need to join a train. Been playing solo with randoms?

E92 M3

So played a match where everyone dropped from enemy team except 1 guy who stayed the entire game, with players just joining and instantly leaving.

Fuck that one guy, just leave and end the match ffs.

I did that in Halo 2 lol. When my team abandoned me, I would just hide and piss of the other team. Sometimes they all left and I won. On Gunbound, when the game froze due to lag (very common back in the day) I would never leave.

Maybe you need to join a train. Been playing solo with randoms?

i can't carry my own weight is the whole thing i'm saying. my stats and playing style is optimized for normal crucible, but IB requires me to play defensively and i don't like that.

i wasn't searching solo in iron banner to begin with so that's not the problem.

zewone

i don't want easy matches. iron banner is the only time the game gets competitive but the level advantages compounded with destiny's netcode make it a spotty experience. even playing with a team i haven't enjoyed the last two events.

I was playing 32 for most of my time last night, but towards that end I went with my PVP gear which has me at 31 and it was fine.

The damage is sporadic for sure. I just try my best to deal with it, but it's definitely not fun.

Rubenov

Hawkmoon is awful. I don't know how people can tolerate that sound. It's like nails on a chalkboard while chewing a mouthfull of cotton balls.

Hawkmoon's cackle is the cackle of death. People poop their pants when they hear that sound going off from the enemies near them.

IHaveIce

Banned
Cool...added you both. If you see me on, feel free to join or invite...I've got kids, so I'm sometimes getting pulled away, but I try to play when I can, even for a few minutes...

I don't think XB1 players will ever equate to PS4 players (and imokwiththis.jpg), but I do want to see more XB1 actives...just the past few posts where PS4 players are assembling teams real-time in this thread...that's what I'm looking for...

REALLY REALLY REALLY want to do VoG hard mode...sadly I've yet to do vanilla VoG end to end...I've done the beginning, up to the templar and got invited to a group doing the portals (jesus that was funny...I know they wanted to throttle me) since I had NO CLUE what to do...and I wasn't in their party chat :( my only consolation was I got a Atheon's Epilogue *shrug*

Are we friends yet on XB1? I would be up for VOG aswell. But also have no clue for most parts and would need someone to guide me, would also have a Crota checkpoint at deathsinger

Namikaze1

When are you not up for Iron Banner?

Did you just say you hit rank 3? That's my goal by the end of today. Wish I was better at completing the bounties. I just can't do the machine gun/AR headshot/10 kill bounties. The lag kills me every time.

Any tips?
Always aim for the head.

Corrective Measure is your best friend for the Machine Gun bounty.

Have a Defender buddy or be one for that melee bounty

Stay near teammates to mooch off of their kills for the 10 kill bounty :3 (Thanks, Math!)

Iron Banner is SUROS business...

You'll easily get the 10000 xp in under 5-6 matches

Hiko

Banned
For all the hand cannon connoisseurs in here, what would you say is the best legendary HC to buy? I have TLW and Thorn, but I need a dependable legendary as a backup. My old Red Hand IX needs a replacement. I know Fatebringer is king but I feel that I will never get it.

i'd play iron banner if bungie would drop me a legendary with unflinching. wish i had a final boss drop before the DLC.

a sniper that takes 2 headshots to kill is useless :/

Vanguard LDR has unflinching but it's a slower RoF/high impact sniper without field scout

Always aim for the head.

Stay near teammates to mooch off of their kills for the 10 kill bounty :3 (Thanks, Math!)

angry-cat.gif

LiK

Gaffers seem more stressed out during IB. I just play like normal Crucible. Don't really care about the rank, I guess. Just hoping for IB weapon drops.

Still need to do VoG hard mode this week actually. Maybe twice since I think my alt is going to hit 30 in a day or two. Hopefully I'll have some time to actually do it.

Rubenov

For all the hand cannon connoisseurs in here, what would you say is the best legendary HC to buy? I have TLW and Thorn, but I need a dependable legendary as a backup. My old Red Hand IX needs a replacement. I know Fatebringer is king but I feel that I will never get it.

Best one to buy is the TFWPKY 1969. Best one to get as loot would be a 331 Red Hand though -_-

zewone

I don't feel any of the new vendor hand cannons are worth using. Cross your fingers and pray for drops and use a vendor 331 scout rifle in the mean time.

hydruxo

The vendor HCs this time around are kind of a wash. TDYD vendor version is awful, 5 rounds with no field scout.

TFWPKY 1969 is probably the best choice for vendor HCs.

He wanted his loser medal. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't have left either.

It was right at the start of the match, get the feeling everyone who left was in a party and who left to grab a +1. Slow ass match, better for everyone including himself to just leave.

EL CUCO

Always aim for the head.

Does that mechanic work the same in PVP as it does in PVE? If so, mind combustion

noomi

Everyone is doing IB and I'm just sitting here grinding ROC strikes by myself...

Starting in about 10min if anyone wants to get this train going, pns is noomi85

I still can't stand how it degrades our sight when we get hit. No other weapon does that. They really need to tone it down.

Seriously it's annoying. Especially since most people can't finish you off with it so you're constantly running around poisoned and not dying. If you're gonna shoot me with it just finish me off

Always aim for the head.

Yeah, the melee and XP bounties are fine.

I actually don't have a Suros... I, uh, got a little tipsy one evening and dismantled it for a shard because I couldn't wait for Xur. Maybe my Shadow Price will do the trick?

LordofPwn

That feel when you join a team 5 minutes from the end and still nearly manage to get the most kills.

5 minutes is plenty of time to dominate. worst part though is getting tossed into a game when everyone has their supers up so you can't get a kill for a couple spawns.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Does that mechanic work the same in PVP as it does in PVE? If so, mind combustion

I think he means to put the kill shot into them. Edit: I stand corrected.

Also, I find TFWPKY1969 underwhelming in PvP. Guess I just can't give up using Thorn. So good.

Top Bottom