• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I was thinking about trying Destiny again. One question - are the best items only obtainable from raids? I have zero interest in doing raids

Well yes and no, the best items are exotics which can be obtained... from many other places. Nightfalls, engrams, crucible, roc strikes, xur...etc

You will be missing out on some of the best weapons though... black hammer, hunger of crota, fatebringer.... and the raid armor is pretty legit also.

Well yes and no, the best items are exotics which can be obtained... from many other places. Nightfalls, engrams, crucible, roc strikes, xur...etc

You will be missing out on some of the best weapons though... black hammer, hunger of crota, fatebringer.... and the raid armor is pretty legit also.

Ok, that's what I figured. I thought this new dlc was going to change that, but I was kind of unclear on some of the changes coming

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Things will be a little different this week. Instead of a newbie raid tomorrow I'll be running a newbie-friendly Iron Banner train from about 8:00PM EST onward for anyone who might want to check it out but is worried about k/d or anything like that.

Then on Sunday, there will be a full newbie raid of CE and then a little bit of sword practice at Crota for any 31s in attendance that are interested.

I was thinking about trying Destiny again. One question - are the best items only obtainable from raids? I have zero interest in doing raids
As of HoW, all legendary and exotic armor will be capable of letting you reach the cap. You no longer have to do raids if the specific perks on those pieces don't interest you.

th3dude

As of HoW, all legendary and exotic armor will be capable of letting you reach the cap. You no longer have to do raids if the specific perks on those pieces don't interest you.

I didn't put two and two together. This is amazing. I like to experience the raids but I PvP more than anything.

todd360

I still can't understand the people who don't want to play the raids even once. They are a unique shooter experience you can't get anywhere else. To each their own though I suspose.

Ok, that's what I figured. I thought this new dlc was going to change that, but I was kind of unclear on some of the changes coming

It does. I think people assumed you where asking about the best gear as of right now. Once the House of Wolves hits there will be four avenues for the highest level gear; Raids, Prison of Elders, Iron Banner, and Trials of Osiris. Also, any combination of this gear will get you the max level; you do not need a "full raid set," but rather one piece from here and another from there will get you the same result.

Mindlog

I have had some fantastic Crucible games recently. Matchmaking is working like crazy right now. Went in with randoms against a team of 4. They were winning solidly most of the match, but we got our group together and pulled it out. Similar story all night. Got a Comeback Medal and those are extremely rare for me. May have even been my first.

spyder_ur

Things will be a little different this week. Instead of a newbie raid tomorrow I'll be running a newbie-friendly Iron Banner train from about 8:00PM EST onward for anyone who might want to check it out but is worried about k/d or anything like that.

Then on Sunday, there will be a full newbie raid of CE and then a little bit of sword practice at Crota for any 31s in attendance that are interested.

I might be very interested in the Ib train Hawk.

do i qualify for the IB train? i've only done two matches so far, and just cracked rank 1.

Just got home from a long ass day at work. Totally missed the trials reveal on twitch. I have read some info on it but wanted to get a general status of what the DGAF regulars thought. So... How was it?

Just got home from a long ass day at work. Totally missed the trials reveal on twitch. I have read some info on it but wanted to get a general status of what the DGAF regulars thought. So... How was it?

Your matches are going to look like this:

really-sweating.gif

Dunk#7

I am REALLY excited for Trials of Osiris. I love the strategy and teamwork it forces. Should be an intense, fast-paced experience.

Lima

I am REALLY excited for Trials of Osiris. I love the strategy and teamwork it forces. Should be an intense, fast-paced experience.

Except that matches in the real world will not play out like in that mostly staged demo.

In reality you are going to see a ton of one shot body shot Speer shit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Great IB train Tawpgun, Homeboyd, etc. Best party I've had since Halo 4 probably, lol.

oh man, i know a match is going bad if the announcer is already yelling to fight back as soon i join in.

someone save me from these iron banner randoms. psn: quint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom